ICE Set Up for New Alto K-10 VXi

Yes,its less than 4k but it dont have a cd player i guess.

But I guess we can live with that, majority of us play our music from usb nowadays.

Cheaper,Heard the SQ is not that great.

Cheaper correct. SQ not great, sorry, not correct. X333 is way better than any entry level pio/jvc/kenny. Personally experienced.

6" wont fit on K10's Dash,Only 4" is possible.

Oh. Then in that case 4" coaxials should do. Or if crazy4cars is open to door pad mods then 6" can be fitted.
freakdude.

Thanks for the suggestions Die Hard i20. Yes I do have couple of questions.

• I have decided to go for 4" speakers for front as I don't want to modify the dashboard to fit 5 1/2" speakers. But I've heard people saying that for such small coaxial speakers, it's no guarantee that amplifiers will bring improvement in sound quality. If it is true, I don't want to spend money on amp. But if it can bring noticeable difference, I would definitely want to have an amp. So please advice and suggest some amps which fits in my budget.

• Please share your thoughts about my configuration. HU: Pioneer DEH-3490UB or Pioneer DEH-2490UB. Aneesh suggested Kenwood KDC-U4549SD. Front Speakers: JBL GT5-S204, Rear Speaker: JBL GTO-949.

• How about Heartz and Kicker speakers? Are they better than JBL?
I would recommend you to go for 6" as 4" hardly make you feel about their existance. Having 6" will increase your surround sound . I think DEH 2490 and 3490 both are good . The difference is in display majorly. If you like blue go for 3490.

Having an Amp increases the sound clarity of your speaker. With 4" it is worthless. Go for an amp only if you opt ovals at the back and 6" in the front.

Heartz and Kicker are good however their high end models which will cost you around 10K are worth buyin. If you are tight on budget go for JBL GTO 0949 or Infinity Reference 690 . They will cost you 4K and 5.5K respectively.

Amp which fits your budget would be a Sony 4 Channel amp or a JBL 4 channel amp ( I think its GT series) . Aneesh's setup is good however I would replace the headunit to a Pioneer Head unit.

Hope this helps

I would recommend you to go for 6" as 4" hardly make you feel about their existance. Having 6" will increase your surround sound . I think DEH 2490 and 3490 both are good . The difference is in display majorly. If you like blue go for 3490.
+1 to DEH 2490 :)

Having an Amp increases the sound clarity of your speaker. With 4" it is worthless. Go for an amp only if you opt ovals at the back and 6" in the front.
What will the expense of fixing 6" Speakers on doors? Wont it needs damping? again ,thats an increase in total expense.[sad]

go for JBL GTO 0949,will cost you 4K
Only 4K? Last time i enquired,the shop guy quoted me 4600rs here.[confused]

Hi Aneesh,

Installing the 6" will either have to have the doors cut off or have a wooden ring around the speakers in the doors to keep them intact ( Thanks to cheap plastics from Maruti)

In Delhi, the rate for GTO 0949 is 4K with bill and warranty. Don't know about Kollam.

I love to have such a setup but i doubt the craftsmanship of people here also what if its not powered by power windows? BTW what about damping? sorry,its not my thread,but hopes it helps the thread starter too.:) Thanks for the help too.:)

Damping actually serves the purpose to hold the speakers intact onto the door to avoid rattles. Its a more expensive approach to tackle door rattles. Having a ring will resolve the purpose at a negligible cost.

Thread Starter #23
Thanks for the detailed explanation Aneesh and Die Hard i20.. [:)] I would have loved to have 5 1/2" or 6" speakers in the front if I had no budget constrain. Also since fitting bigger speakers require lot of tweaking on the dashboard/door pannel, i will live with 4" coaxials for now.. With this, i guess amplifier is out as well..[cry]

I have frozen on the Pioneer HU but still not able to decide on the speakers. Please suggest me which one do you think are better?

Front: JBL GT5-S204 or Hertz DCX 100 or Infinity Reference 4032CF (All 2-way speakers)
Rear: JBL GTO-949 or Infinity Reference 9633CF (Both 3-way speakers)
Infinity Reference 9632CF (2-way speaker)

Did you consider the combination which I had mentioned in my earlier post? and IMO its a good deal since I am enjoyin the groove without a amp in my k10[glasses].

I have frozen on the Pioneer HU but still not able to decide on the speakers. Please suggest me which one do you think are better?

Front: JBL GT5-S204 or Hertz DCX 100 or Infinity Reference 4032CF (All 2-way speakers)
Rear: JBL GTO-949 or Infinity Reference 9633CF (Both 3-way speakers)
Infinity Reference 9632CF (2-way speaker)
Infinity Reference are costly,May cross your budget.

My Recommendations:

Rear: GTO 949 ,You will be 100% satisfied with the performance,no doubt in it.[:)]

Front: Hertz DCX 100 or Blaupunkt BGx 402 HP or JBL GT5-S204

As per the feedback of user,Hertz DCX 100 and Blaupunkt BGx 402 HP has more sound Quality than jbl.

Last edited:
I second Aneesh's post and I think you should go with GTO 0949 at the rear. Infinity will cost you more ( though definately worth it ) which is difficult considering budget constraints.

For front, I am not too sure about Blaupunkt however, I believe Hertz and JBL both do good. ( JBL is cheaper than Hertz). So plan your budget and then the setup.

Thread Starter #27
Did you consider the combination which I had mentioned in my earlier post? and IMO its a good deal since I am enjoyin the groove without a amp in my k10[glasses].
Hi Serrao,

Yes I did consider your set up and probably will end up with similar set up for my car as well.. [;)] Design of your HU was not for my liking, so I am going with Pioneer DEH-2490UB or Pioneer DEH-3490UB as far as HU is concerned. For speakers, decided to go with JBL speakers if I dont get Hertz DCX 100.

Thread Starter #28
Infinity Reference are costly,May cross your budget.

My Recommendations:

Rear: GTO 949 ,You will be 100% satisfied with the performance,no doubt in it.[:)]

Front: Hertz DCX 100 or Blaupunkt BGx 402 HP or JBL GT5-S204

As per the feedback of user,Hertz DCX 100 and Blaupunkt BGx 402 HP has more sound Quality than jbl.
Thanks for the recommendations Aneesh. Yes Infinity is definitely out of my budget, so I am freezing on JBL speakers. I did check with 2 dealers for Hertz DCX 100 here in Bangalore without any luck. So if I don't get it, I will go for JBL GT5-S204.

Thanks for the recommendations Aneesh. Yes Infinity is definitely out of my budget, so I am freezing on JBL speakers. I did check with 2 dealers for Hertz DCX 100 here in Bangalore without any luck. So if I don't get it, I will go for JBL GT5-S204.
Ok bro,Do post pics,Waiting for pics and a small review.:)

hey crazy4cars: I have Hertz DCX 100 in my beat. I have fitted it at C a r S h r i n g a r near lifestyle. After 2 months of install all four speakers starting giving some jaaring sound and sound quality was horrible. I went to them 3 - 4 times and finally they took it back and replaced with new ones.

And I have question to all, is it ok to buy 2010 manufactured/imported speakers now ? is it worth paying for old one ?

Top Bottom