ICE Set Up for New Alto K-10 VXi

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIans,

I am waiting for my new Alto K-10 VXi to arrive in next 10 days. [:D] Meanwhile I want to be ready with the decent ICE set up. Need expert advice please.

Car: Alto K-10 VXi
Budget Range: Rs.10,000 - 15,000 max.
Looking For: Head Unit with remote (MP3, CD Player, USB Port, AUX In, Bluetooth Ready), front and rear speakers
Preferred Brands: HU - Pioneer, Alpine, JVC, Kenwood. Speakers - JBL, Rockford, Infinity
Preferred Music Type: Indian, Oldies, Pop, Rock
Queries in Particular: [confused]
1. Do I need amplifiers for such small speakers?
2. Do I get good quality component speakers for my budget? If yes, which brand should I go for?
3. Whether coaxial speakers are good enough for my car? Do they produce decent sound quality?
4. Will 6" x 9" speakers fit in the rear or should I go for a round speaker?

HU- 6k for Kenwood/Pio. 8k for Alpine.
Infinity is out of budget, so is RF. JBL u will get decent coaxials for the price, put 6x9 on a parcel tray at rear, and install 5.25" coax in the front doors. Nice soundstage. No need for Amps.

Thread Starter #4
HU- 6k for Kenwood/Pio. 8k for Alpine.
Infinity is out of budget, so is RF. JBL u will get decent coaxials for the price, put 6x9 on a parcel tray at rear, and install 5.25" coax in the front doors.
Thank you racerdabba. I feel Pioneer & Kenwood gives more VFM HUs and personally I prefer Pioneer. But I've heard Alpine is better. Any thoughts/suggestions? How about JVC HUs and speakers? Could you please suggest some models?

Thanks [:)]

For a pioneer HU with 4 JBL speakers cost me 13k on my k10. The sound quality is very good...
Thank you Serrao. Could you please mention the models and the price if possible? Also I wanted to know the dimensions of the speakers. I am told the front of Alto has grills for 4" speakers only, so not sure if I can fit a 5 1/2" speaker in the front. Have you got 6" X 9" Oval speakers in the rear? If yes, where have you fitted them? [confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
NO.

2. Do I get good quality component speakers for my budget? If yes, which brand should I go for?
No i guess.[roll]

3. Whether coaxial speakers are good enough for my car? Do they produce decent sound quality?
Yes,Get JBL GTO 949 100W RMS,Very good quality speakers,Costs around 4600rs for a pair.:)

Yes,You can fit 6X9 speakers in enclosure or parcel tray.:)

I am not an expert,just a beginner.I have an Alto Lxi,Decided to go with following setup.Just have a look.[:)]

DEH-2490UB <5k
JBL GTO-949 <4.6k
Hertz DCX 100 or Blaupunkt BGx 402 HP <1800

Out of money now,so waiting :)

I am told the front of Alto has grills for 4" speakers only, so not sure if I can fit a 5 1/2" speaker in the front.
I think someone fixed 5 1/2 speaker by removing the dashboard,not sure though,4" Speaker is a direct fit.:)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Wait for experts opinions.:)

Kenwood KDC-U4549SD is a Bluetooth ready HU,Price is <6k.
As of now, I have settled with the below configuration. As mentioned earlier, I prefer Pioneer HUs and JBL speakers as they are the best fit for my budget (personal opinion). I need ICE guru's opinion/suggestions on my set up. Also can someone please provide me the prices of the below set up.

HU: Pioneer DEH-3490UB. I will also check out Pioneer DEH-2490UB & Kenwood KDC-U4549SD (As suggested by Aneesh).
Front Speakers: JBL GT5-S204
Rear Speaker: JBL GTO-949. Any idea about JBL GT6-S699?

Thread Starter #10
This one cost's more than 6.5k,Kenwood HU's are better than Pioneer AFAIK.
Aneesh, I found the price of DEH-3490UB under 6k from below website. It looks like a genuine, reliable deal to me.
Pioneer Car Stereo DEH-3490UB

Consider Hertz DCX 100 too.
I checked this one too, but JBL GT5-S204 has better peak output (120w vs 60w). I am a rookie here, so don't really know what other specs to check in a speaker?

Aneesh, I found the price of DEH-3490UB under 6k from below website. It looks like a genuine, reliable deal to me.
Pioneer Car Stereo DEH-3490UB
DEH-3490UB has only 2 preouts whereas Kenwood has 3.:)

I checked this one too, but JBL GT5-S204 has better peak output (120w vs 60w). I am a rookie here, so don't really know what other specs to check in a speaker?
I am also not an expert,just a beginner,I usually pays attention to RMS and Frequency Response.[roll] Need experts help!

Thank you Serrao. Could you please mention the models and the price if possible? Also I wanted to know the dimensions of the speakers. I am told the front of Alto has grills for 4" speakers only, so not sure if I can fit a 5 1/2" speaker in the front. Have you got 6" X 9" Oval speakers in the rear? If yes, where have you fitted them? [confused]

I got pioneer DEH-2390UB HU and GT6-S699 (oval) JBL speakers in the rear. Yes, I got JBL speakers in the front below those grills provided but dont remember the model but it was a exact fit. I had to buy a rear wooden parcel tray since they claimed that the speakers are heavy and cant fit with the parcel tray already provided. Dont remember the individual cost but altogether cost me 12K after discount.

Hello TAIans,

I am waiting for my new Alto K-10 VXi to arrive in next 10 days. [:D] Meanwhile I want to be ready with the decent ICE set up. Need expert advice please.

Looking For: Head Unit with remote (MP3, CD Player, USB Port, AUX In, Bluetooth Ready), front and rear speakers
Preferred Brands: HU - Pioneer, Alpine, JVC, Kenwood. Speakers - JBL, Rockford, Infinity
Hi Crazy for cars,

A Bluetooth Pioneer Head unit will cost you around 10K which will eat up a major chunk of your budget. I would suggest, get a lowed Pioneer Head unit ( Pioneer is best in terms of Sound quality of Head Units) and then some 4"/6" and a 6X9"

A : No you do not need however for clarity its recommended
A : components will cost you around 4-5K . It may exceed your budget.
A : Coaxials are decent enough for sound quality. Go for them if you have budget restriction.
A: Definately 6X9" . JBL GTO0949 Recommended however costs 4K.

So your setup should be

1) Pioneer HU : MP3/USB/Remote Without Bluetooth(USE AUX cable to use phone) Around 5-7K

2) JBL 4/6" :- 4" will cost around a 1000 bucks and 6" around 2K

3) JBL 6X9" :- GTO0949 Around 4K.

4) Misc Expenses :- Tray, Couplers, etc 1K max.

This will fit well within your budget.
Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thread Starter #14
A : No you do not need however for clarity its recommended

Let me know in case you have any questions.
Thanks for the suggestions Die Hard i20. Yes I do have couple of questions.

• I have decided to go for 4" speakers for front as I don't want to modify the dashboard to fit 5 1/2" speakers. But I've heard people saying that for such small coaxial speakers, it's no guarantee that amplifiers will bring improvement in sound quality. If it is true, I don't want to spend money on amp. But if it can bring noticeable difference, I would definitely want to have an amp. So please advice and suggest some amps which fits in my budget.

• Please share your thoughts about my configuration. HU: Pioneer DEH-3490UB or Pioneer DEH-2490UB. Aneesh suggested Kenwood KDC-U4549SD. Front Speakers: JBL GT5-S204, Rear Speaker: JBL GTO-949.

• How about Heartz and Kicker speakers? Are they better than JBL?

Hello TAIans,

HU : Pioneer 1490 for around 4k (maybe less don't remember exact price) or JBL X333 for same price.
Front : Components - JBL 609C for around 5K
Rears : 6x9 coax - JBL/Pio for around 3-4K (good for producing decent bass till the time you upgrade to amp+sub)
MDF plank : 500
Wiring : Approx 500-1000 (if not using the wiring provided with sprakers, else free)

Total : 12500 - 13500 (excluding wiring)

freakdude.

Top Bottom