ICE for Volkswagen Polo Highline

Thread Starter #1
i have polo highline model it have factory fitted hu.it dont have usb nd auxin ports.so i need to change the hu or buy usb adapter.i hear that vw jettas hu is available in market.anyone know about this.if i buy new hu which will be the best option jvc or kenwood 2din with touch screen dvd.pls

my budget is under25k
Please elaborate your requirements buddy. in 25K you can have atleast 100 head units. Better let us know what sound stage are you looking for? Any amps would be added? How many ppl would sit in the car most of the time? and on top of all your music tastes?

freakdude.

Did they cut any wires??
No need to cut wires these days buddy. Most installers have compatible adapters for all car makes/models for all compatible HUs. But thinks are always dicey with the VW, so you better get a good installer if you want to keep your warranty.

freakdude.

No need to cut wires these days buddy. Most installers have compatible adapters for all car makes/models for all compatible HUs. But thinks are always dicey with the VW, so you better get a good installer if you want to keep your warranty.

freakdude.
Thanks for the info but I think I should live with the stock ICE atleast for 6 months as I have also ordered belkin Tune Cast. Any Idea how much I would get for stock ICE polo if i plan to sale it.

Thanks for the info but I think I should live with the stock ICE atleast for 6 months as I have also ordered belkin Tune Cast. Any Idea how much I would get for stock ICE polo if i plan to sale it.
I've seen a few polo/vento stock HUs on sale for approx. 6-8K not sure if this is a justified price. Speakers wont sell for much.

freakdude.

I've seen a few polo/vento stock HUs on sale for approx. 6-8K not sure if this is a justified price. Speakers wont sell for much.

freakdude.
I just plan to change the HU for now only if I get buy back option for my current HU. I dont want to fiddle much with factory fitted doors panel :stupid:

I just plan to change the HU for now only if I get buy back option for my current HU. I dont want to fiddle much with factory fitted doors panel :stupid:
Get the install done for someone who knows his job well and DO change the speakers to nice set of components. If you just change the HU then you wont be experiencing much change in audio quality as the stock speakers are not that good. I see that you are in New Delhi, you can try Driven or Motor Concepts, both are awesome installers and well renowned in their field.

freakdude.

freakdude.
Do these re-sale OEM (if I may call them) come with pre-outs? Which are required to be fed to amplifier? I've an amplifier with me and a single DIN HU. I would love to get the OEM HU if it has at least 2 pre-outs.

Also, in Mumbai these cost anywhere between 4K-6K, is what I was told. AFAIK, the sound quality won't be great, but I play downloaded mp3, which are not very good in themselves. So no issues with average sound quality.

Do these re-sale OEM (if I may call them) come with pre-outs? Which are required to be fed to amplifier? I've an amplifier with me and a single DIN HU. I would love to get the OEM HU if it has at least 2 pre-outs.

Also, in Mumbai these cost anywhere between 4K-6K, is what I was told. AFAIK, the sound quality won't be great, but I play downloaded mp3, which are not very good in themselves. So no issues with average sound quality.
Not sure if they have 2-preouts but if I remember correctly the OEM for VW is Nippon and it comes with 1-preout. But this shouldn't restrict you in anyway. Alls you have to do is check if your amp has low level (speaker level) inputs and maybe get a Y-splitter if RCAs to be used and you are good to go.

freakdude.

Best Stereo system for Volkswagen Polo Highline

Hello Frens,

I have a Volkswagen Polo highline Petrol 1.2 , comes loaded with its default stereo system ; performance on which am not happy with. Hence am planning to change them with some excellent quality and i need your expert sugesstions / advise.

I have an amplifier - Rockford Fosgate Punch 4 channel 400 watt and a subwoofer pioneer 1200 watt 12". Which speakers are recommnded component / coaxial ? Do i really need to use the sub in a box. All am looking for is an excellent system !

Re: Best Stereo system for Volkswagen Polo Highline

Hello Frens,

I have a Volkswagen Polo highline Petrol 1.2 , comes loaded with its default stereo system ; performance on which am not happy with. Hence am planning to change them with some excellent quality and i need your expert sugesstions / advise.

I have an amplifier - Rockford Fosgate Punch 4 channel 400 watt and a subwoofer pioneer 1200 watt 12". Which speakers are recommnded component / coaxial ? Do i really need to use the sub in a box. All am looking for is an excellent system !
Hi
We have a lot of threads on ICE here for different cars. Please check them by searching.

Check this: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/8922-ice-new-vw-polo-tl.html

Top Bottom