ICE For Toyota Etios

If you believe me....I have bought ETIOS.
Also, can we please keep this thread for discussions related to ETIOS ICE and not other things. :please:

freakdude.
If you have bought ETIOS. It's great.

I bought Toyota ETIOS and that is why I am disappointed with the product Quality, performance and customer support.

I respect your decision and thank you for the valuable discussion.

Happy Motoring.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #17
If you have bought ETIOS. It's great.

I bought Toyota ETIOS and that is why I am disappointed with the product Quality, performance and customer support.

I respect your decision and thank you for the valuable discussion.

Happy Motoring.[thumbsup]
Thanks for understanding Munish. Although I'll keep updating my inputs in your thread so that we can have a constant comparo. [cheers]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #18
Hello Friends,

finally got my ETIOS ICEd last yesterday. Sorry for starting the thread a bit late, was really busy with things lately.

The ingredients :
1. Head unit - Pioneer 2390 2-din DVD touch screen.
2. Front components - Morel Maximo.
3. Amp - Kenwood 846.
4. Sub - RF Prime R1 in sealed enclosure.
5. Wiring - Bull audio for amp and connection audison for speakers.
6. Reverse Camera.
7. Antenna.
8. Pioneer head-unit adaptor.
9. Scosche din adaptor for Toyota.

Next Stage items planned:
1. Damping.
2. Rear coax.

The maximos have almost broken by now and sing damn sweetly now. The midbass is to die for. The vocals are very clear and there is no distortion even at max volumes.

The sub is very plesantly gelled-in with the front sound stage and is not boomy at all. The bass from R1 is crisp and accurate and kick bass kinda feeling.

The amp is well known and famous for producing clean power and powers the sub very nicely since kenny produces 180 watt RMS when bridged and R1 needs 150 watt rms.

The head unit blends perfectly in the dash. Had to use scosche adaptor to fill in the gap at the sides of the headunit, thanks to the awkwordly designed din size of ETIOS. The head unit has plethora of features and plays from DVD, CD-R, iPOD, Aux, and FM. Has gif animations as well as static wallpapers. It has 2 pre-outs.

Bull audio wiring is certainly of good quality and i have no electrical interference at all.

The install is almost wireless and quite nicely carried out. Got the entire setup done at Driven, Delhi.

Also got Lumar tints all around and got gear lock fitted too.

The total damage came to around 43K.

Now, let the pics do the talking.

freakdude.

Attachments

Thread Starter #19
ETIOS sings to the tune of Morels, RF R1, Kenwood 846 with Pioneer 2390 DVD.

A few post install pics that I took today when i was tuning the amp since the morels and the R1 break-in was achieved. Got the setup done last Saturday, sorry for typo in my prev. post.

Feast your eyes friends.

freakdude.

Attachments

Last edited:
Congratulations! :)

I think you got this complete setup done at driven located in East of Kailash? If so, how are the prices and are you satisfied with their service? Jut curious to know as it is very near to my place and have heard a lot about it. So i am planning my ICE done from there only.

Thread Starter #21
@Sunny : Yes I got the complete setup done at Driven. They are quite professional in ICE installs and did a nice job. However, they need to take care of few things like trying to keep the car clean during the install. Although, they do a complete vacuum for interiors but I could see a few finger marks here and there.

They are a bit pricey but not exorbitant by any extent. I purchased everything with bill & warranty and hence totaled to a bit more. I would certainly recommend Driven over other JUGAAD installers in Lajpat nagar for example. [;)]

freakdude.

@Sunny : Yes I got the complete setup done at Driven. They are quite professional in ICE installs and did a nice job. However, they need to take care of few things like trying to keep the car clean during the install. Although, they do a complete vacuum for interiors but I could see a few finger marks here and there.

They are a bit pricey but not exorbitant by any extent. I purchased everything with bill & warranty and hence totaled to a bit more. I would certainly recommend Driven over other JUGAAD installers in Lajpat nagar for example. [;)]

freakdude.
I think i should give driven a visit soon.

Congrats again on your great ICE setup!

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations for the amazing new set up. It’s of course worth to get such kind of aftermarket installations done from a reputed place. Your car looks neat. Start up an ownership review so that we all can discuss further on Etios.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow looking great bro , congratulations! Looks like a lot of space at the boot has been eaten up now , can you manage with the available space for long drives?

I too was a BASS or sub lover but recently removed and sold them!

What was the material you used to cover up the gap at the sides of the HU? My Verna is also having lots of space on both sides of my JVC 2-DIN touch screen HU.

Thread Starter #27
Wow looking great bro , congratulations! Looks like a lot of space at the boot has been eaten up now , can you manage with the available space for long drives?

I too was a BASS or sub lover but recently removed and sold them!

What was the material you used to cover up the gap at the sides of the HU? My Verna is also having lots of space on both sides of my JVC 2-DIN touch screen HU.
Thanks bro. The boot is hardly eaten up by the sub. Maybe the image is giving such impression. Boot is large enough to have two ppl sitting and playing cards. [;)]

For covering up the gap i have used scosche din adaptor for Toyota, it cost me around 350/- if i remember correctly. Quality of product was top class and it fitted in the gap perfectly.

freakdude.

Do they have that thing for different cars? Do you have a picture of that before installation? Any idea where i can get it here , will all ICE shops be having it?

Sorry for too many questions! I have been trying everywhere i can to find a fix to the gap at the sides of my HU.

Re: ETIOS sings to the tune of Morels, RF R1, Kenwood 846 with Pioneer 2390 DVD.

A few post install pics that I took today when i was tuning the amp since the morels and the R1 break-in was achieved. Got the setup done last Saturday, sorry for typo in my prev. post.

Feast your eyes friends.

freakdude.
GR8
You are really Technical and you have tried to explain every component with due significance.
Your ETIOS looks great with this makeover. I think Toyota must take the ICE tips from you and then they can really improve the ICE over existing outdated ICE.
The wiring harness has been done neatly and he installation is really professional, much better than the installation done at the Toyota dealership outlets.
I hope to hear from you on the mileage. I wish you Happy Motoring.
All the Best. Safe Driving.[drive]

Thread Starter #30
No problem with the questions. Yes they stock it for most cars. Let me know what have you fitted in your verna and do post a few pics of the gap. Will talk to them and if they have a matching part for your car + headunit combo, then I'll purchase it for you and courier it to you.

freakdude.

Top Bottom