ICE for the New VW Polo TL

Thread Starter #1
All.

I would be getting my hands on my new set of wheels(POLO) by this week end. I am basically going for the base model cause I dont wanna compromise on my music system and def not on the way it comes out in ma car.

Have a budget of 15K for the system and two speakers as of now. Can anyone suggest a good system and speakers within that range or should I be increasing my budget??

Currently decided on Pioneer Single Din(although I wanted double din) with Diamond D3 component speakers in the front.

Any more suggestions??

Hello Rajeev,
I would suggest you to go for JBL headunit which has got USB, AUX and FM. The only thing missing would be CD player. I don't think that in this era anyone would use a audio CD. The Head Unit will cost you less than 5k. With the rest money you can equip your car with good component speakers of your choice. I have JBL head unit in my Swift. I would say its VFM.

Thread Starter #3
@vishnunarayanan - JBL sounds good and I guess 5K would also be perfectly fine. I am currently scouting for others opinions as well and hopefully in a weeks time I should decide on one.

Also, I forgot to mention my taste of music as well. I listen most of the times to Metal but am experimenting with house and trance lately, although not fully into it. Metal has always been my Forte. :)

Hi Rajeev,

Welcome to TAI and many congrats for your Polo. Regarding the ICE set-up, please share your music preferences, no. of passengers in car for most of the time. would you be the driver or be driven.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #5
@freakdude - Music preference - Metal(Any genre), Trance(Not too much), House(2nd preference to metal)
No. of passengers in the car - 40% of the time would be two and the rest would be one(Although that might increase in the near future)
and most importantly - i would be the driver. :)

I spoke to the VW dealer and told him about the offer that I am getting from the market, and he does not seem happy with my decision(I mean who would) and is asking me to put a Kenwood HU with component speakers. The HU comes with bluetooth, aux, usb which comes to around 30K.(Apparently its some high end which I refuse to agree)

Moreover I do not prefer to listen to music on CD's (outdated)
Any suggestions?

Since you are that concerned about the music in your car you I'd suggest you a step-by-step upgrade.

Go for Pioneer 1490 2-din touch screen player for around 15K. Add a decent set of 6.5" components in the front. you can choose from RF, Morels, JBL, DD Rainbow.

This might shoot your budget but later expansion would be seamless and aesthetics would be good too.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #7
@freakdude - Thanks for the suggestion. 15K looks a lot above my budget. I want to go for 2din because if I go for a single din there would be an empty space beneath the player which is not very appealing. Is there any product which is like less than 15k, double din? I saw JVC KW R400 for around 8K which looks good with the AUX, CD(not that imp), USB, bluetooth adapter. Should I go for that? or are there any other options on the market. I am more concerned about my speakers than the HU. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Also, I would really love to hear from other members as well. This would help me narrow down my search(since most of them are experts here!)

You can go for Pioneer 6050 2-din. It should be around 9K. Looks nice and is sturdy to use too. It has a glass top finish in black with blue back light. I personally don't prefer JVC HUs, you can try anyways to have it's demo if possible and if it pleases you then nothing else matters.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #9
@freakdude - nothing else matters eh!! haa haa. Yeah I did google out the Pioneer 6050. Looks pretty good and stylish too. So now that I have some HU's in mind, can you suggest some speakers as well. What I have in mind are Diamond D3 component speakers. I love Kickers and JL audio as well but I might have to increase my budget for that. But as of now, I am only looking to get the speakers in the front. Maybe rear speakers I can invest a little more after couple of months. But thanks for the HU suggestion, will look check with my retailer how much is he willing to sell that for. You know bargaining!! :)

I already suggested few brand options for components in post#6. Specific model availability depends on your location and dealer. So, better visit some shops and do the hunting. What better way to spend a day then ICE shopping. [:)]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #11
@freakdude - sorry missed that out. Yeah shopping for ICE sounds fun and I am gonna do just that on Sunday. Lets hope I get to get some good deals (Fingers crossed) which does not overshoot my budget.

Rajeev-I would recommend Focal Access 165 AI for front components and Focal Access 165 CAI for rear components.

BTW,they had 40% discount on Focal Access 165 AI front comps.

See the offer-FOCAL ACCESS 165A1 - MRP -9999/- now available for 5999/-

If you want to ask this deal,

Call Haresh Jethwani-9841197787 or email to his ID-hareshjethwani@yahoo.co.in

His store name is Chandru Auto Stores.He is located at Chennai.

Ask about this deal.

carzeal

Suspended
Diamond Audio is also a good choice HEX series speakers have rave reviews all over, surpassing much better brands.

Thread Starter #14
All, my system is not allowing me to log in to the site. Currently using my phone to access. Once its sorted out will log back in.thanks a million for the suggestions and please keep them coming and in the mean time I will try and sort out the issue here.

Top Bottom