ICE for My New Swift VXi - 2012

Thanks. it's long journey yet for me. MBBS is just beggining. My dad is MD too. most probably i will do MD or radiology if luck is with me.

you can ask if you will have any query regarding ICE. I think the ICE i preferred you will be good enough for you . Dont compare it with carrera's focal btw.

Have fun. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
Go ahead with pioneer. I get to know about there Mixtrax technology which creates a nonstop mix of an entire music library to create a club-like atmosphere. I think you can think about it.

Thread Starter #33
Go ahead with pioneer. I get to know about there Mixtrax technology which creates a nonstop mix of an entire music library to create a club-like atmosphere. I think you can think about it.
Hello Tejas Joshi,
Greetings for the day. Thanks a lot for your tips Buddy! But i have heard lots of Complaint of recently from the Pioneer Car Audio system owners now a days. Also please do note that i am from Mangalore, it isn't a Professional Place like delhi and all Yaar! May be the Installation for the Pioneer Systems was faulty i guess!
There was people like Neilpatel, cooldhaya & Ilango who have recommended me the Infinity reference Component Speakers (front and rear). Also The Sub Woofer system would be also infinity! Neilpatel also gave me the refernece for his Youtube Channel which educated me abt the Infinities, Reviews in his Channel suggested he had a Good Set Up. Only i am worried abt the sub woofer set up (Enclosure) will fit in the boot of my ride. Neil has got a Spacious Verna while mine is a Swift Vxi.
But by the way which component Speaker Model in Pioneer were you refering to? Also one more thing, if you dont mind, could i have the set up of the Components of ur ICE in ur Ride my dear Bro. Just Curious to compare. My vehicle will be delivered by the Showroom bt Tuesday Morning.
I ALSO HAD ONE MORE QUERY! ITS ABOUT THE TRANSFER OF REGISTRATION OF MY PREVIOUS CAR FORD IKON TO MY NEW SWIFT WHICH WAS DEALT IN THE EXCHANGE SCHEME? they told me to pay up 5,82,792 INR minus the Exchange of the FORD for 80,000 INR. My question is that, they will be giving me a Letter stating that the Ford car is in their custody. I am afraid later on if they cant sell it, they will come back to me and try to dump the ford back to my head and demand for the 80,000 INR. why? because they have not given anything in writing about the 80,000 inr. I dont beleive these car dealers - Could you advise on the same.

Thanks for your time Buddy - Appreciate it dude!

hi, SAM

you got your swift ?
and any upgrade in ICE?

i think the car purchase related question , you should have asked in appropriate thread , as nobody will reply it here.

ICE Suggestions for my swift VXI

Hi,
I have New Maruti Swift VXI (2012 model). I have fitted JVC KW-R700BT with JBL GTO949 400W Limited Edition oval rear speaker and JBL CS-5 105W and it cost me 16300 (11900, 3100 and 1300 respectivly).
Questions here are:

Is it best buy?
I am feeling only back speakers volume, if you go very near to front door speaker then only able to make out. Is it right combination? or need to change front Speaker.

I have tried JBL CS-6C (Component) but it doesn't fit on the space given for front door and they were asking to break the given slot and then fit. I avoided that.

Please suggest color of seat cover, i have glistening grey car with black color dashboard cabinet.

Please provide your feedback asap. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Re: ICE Suggestions for my swift VXI

Hi, Can somebody help here (on my previous post)?

Hi,
I have New Maruti Swift VXI (2012 model). I have fitted JVC KW-R700BT with JBL GTO949 400W Limited Edition oval rear speaker and JBL CS-5 105W and it cost me 16300 (11900, 3100 and 1300 respectivly).
Questions here are:

Is it best buy?
I am feeling only back speakers volume, if you go very near to front door speaker then only able to make out. Is it right combination? or need to change front Speaker.

I have tried JBL CS-6C (Component) but it doesn't fit on the space given for front door and they were asking to break the given slot and then fit. I avoided that.

Please suggest color of seat cover, i have glistening grey car with black color dashboard cabinet.

Please provide your feedback asap. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

HI,

I have the following setup in my swift...

1. Maruthi HU
2. Front component ( Focal integration IS 165 )
- Impedence 4 ohms
- RMS power - 70W
- Peak power - 140W

REF : Focal IS 165 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker System | Pacific Stereo

this combination itself is sounding good.!!!!

please help me with the following
1. What would be the best matching 6.5'\6' coaxial speaker for rear doors? ( other than Focal) JBL,Alpine,infinity??...

2. What is the best Amp i can set up for my system? ( 5k - 6k)
3. do i need to connect rear speaker to amb?
4. How many channels are required for my amb and what is the technical specification?
5. How should i connect? series or parallel or any?

Thread Starter #39
Upgrade for my music systeem in my Swift 2012

Dear Friends,
Greetings. I am interested in upgrading my music system in my swift. I already have the Pioneer HU 3 Pre Out & the JBL 400 Watts Oval Speaker mounted at the rear.
I am planning to install JBL 800 Watts 4 Channel Amp (646) & the CS 1215B 12 inch Sub Woofer inclusive with the enclosure.
As i always do modifications with Maruti MGA itself, they quoted me
1 - JBL Amp 646 4 Channel - Rs 8,990/=
2 - Sub Woofer Cs 1215B - Rs 7,990/=
3 - Wiring - Rs 2,500/=
My Doubt is that when i enquired in other Shops outside, I got unbelievable prices like 6k for the Amp & 5.5K for the Sub & 1.5K for the wiring.
I am confused as to where i should go. MGA is reliable & anything goes wrong, i can go to them.
My Question is that can MGA's price be negotiated! Will they come down with the price??????
This is my first car and i always dreamed of having a Quality Sound system! Please help me!
Thanks Guys!

Re: Upgrade for my music systeem in my Swift 2012

hi SAM9088 the price u got in not unbelievable.just search google u can get this price from on all shopping sites like snapdeal,HOMESHOP18 etc.try to get the price or below the price listed on net.but dont buy from online .i too planning to give JBL effect to my i20.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41

Hello Venkateshwaran...
Boss i got the Good News. There are Two Dealers for Maruti here in Mangalore. I got my Car from Mandovi Motors. These people gave me this Mammoth Quote of Rs 19,600. Then i went to Bharat Auto and asked the MGA there. They quoted me Rs 15,500 right away..... Good Lord!!!!!!!
Then i went there to Mandovi MGA & fired them. They took me to their Manager - Accessories and then told me if i put a Down Payment, they will reduce it to Rs 14,500/= Believe me Buddy and that too Scosche Wiring & Fuse - Good Quality......
Tommorow i will be fixing it up to my existing system. Definetely will post the photos dude!
Are you fixing the same to your I20 as well. I have a Doubt. I recently purschased a Hyundai Verna 2012. I wanted to know is it possible to fix the same set up to the Hyundai as well?????
Please do let me know Bro!

Thanks & Regards!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42

hi SAM9088 the price u got in not unbelievable.just search google u can get this price from on all shopping sites like snapdeal,HOMESHOP18 etc.try to get the price or below the price listed on net.but dont buy from online .i too planning to give JBL effect to my i20.
Hello Venkateshwaran...
Boss i got the Good News. There are Two Dealers for Maruti here in Mangalore. I got my Car from Mandovi Motors. These people gave me this Mammoth Quote of Rs 19,600. Then i went to Bharat Auto and asked the MGA there. They quoted me Rs 15,500 right away..... Good Lord!!!!!!!
Then i went there to Mandovi MGA & fired them. They took me to their Manager - Accessories and then told me if i put a Down Payment, they will reduce it to Rs 14,500/= Believe me Buddy and that too Scosche Wiring & Fuse - Good Quality......
Tommorow i will be fixing it up to my existing system. Definetely will post the photos dude!
Are you fixing the same to your I20 as well. I have a Doubt. I recently purschased a Hyundai Verna 2012. I wanted to know is it possible to fix the same set up to the Hyundai as well?????
Please do let me know Bro!

@Sam: can u give me the breakup of total cost dude. snapdeal subwoofer price was about Rs.5990.my hyundai dealer told me by putting an amp & subwoofer i can get the boom effect with factory fitted HU & speakers.but he doesnt know specs of HU & speakers.i going to start a thread now to know proper ICE for i20.join me there

Thread Starter #44
@Sam: can u give me the breakup of total cost dude. snapdeal subwoofer price was about Rs.5990.my hyundai dealer told me by putting an amp & subwoofer i can get the boom effect with factory fitted HU & speakers.but he doesnt know specs of HU & speakers.i going to start a thread now to know proper ICE for i20.join me there
Hi Dude,
Finally i got my Upgrade of my ICE in my Swift and i am attaching the Photos for ur reference. I will join ur new thread and check it out.
As far as the Price was concerned, it was increased slighly as i opted for much more high quality wiring cords and fuse. From Rs 14,500 it raised upto Rs 16,500.00/= including labour & Carpentary works and all. The Divisions are as follows:
1 - 1100 Watts CS1215B Built in Enclosure Sub Woofer Rs 6,000/=
2 - JBL 4 Channel 800 Watts 646 - Rs 7,000/=
3 - Sosche Wiring & Fuses - Rs 2,500/=
4 - Labour Charges including some minor CArpentary Works - Rs 1,000/=
The Sound of the JBL is UNBELIEVABLE! Some Serious Bass for the Money Spent. If you can shell out Rs 30,000 then you can go for Infinity Amps & Rockford Fosgate Subs - Believe me it sounds Killer!
By the way i was doing my research on my Verna 2012 for an upgrade. I asked some local experts. What you said was perfectly correct. The Hyundai HU is not all that good. For an OEM set up with a Normal Decent Sound - Its Okay. You cant even remove it out as no other Set will fit in it correctly.
Most Important, dont go to all these Websites like Snapdeal etc to buy ur Stuff. Its not reliable. A Friend of mine has gone to the Court as these website DIDNOT GIVE HIM THE WARRANTY CARD and gave some phoney reasons and tried to dodge him.
Please get ur ICE system endorsed in the Insurance POlicy of ur CAr for Accidental DAmages and Theft. The Insurance Company will ask u to submit the Bill & the Warranty Card

Attachments

Hello experts,

I am new to this forum and I am complete noob when it comes to car audio. Currently my car has Sony head unit and 4 speakers on the doors and I am. Looking to install. Rear speakers , is it a good option?? What's options I have for 10 k?? Awaiting replies from gurus!!

Top Bottom