ICE For Maruti Zen Estilo.

Thread Starter #1
  • My Car: Maruti Zen Estilo LXi 2009.
  • Budget Range: 10,000/-
  • Looking For: Full Set Up.
  • Preferred Brands: Any brand as long as its of good quality.
  • Preferred Music Type: Death Metal & POP with a lot of BASS.
  • Current Audio Setup: None.
  • Miscellaneous Details: Am looking for stuff that'd fit into the stock area provided in the door panels, cutting out and making more space is okay with me as long as there's no fuzz in the future. So I hope you get the point, I'm looking for goodies that'd fit perfectly well without taking up more space like bass tube in the boot etc, and at the same retain the stock look and feel while giving VFM performance. [clap]

Hope I've posted everything in accordance with the rules of this community, if by chance there are any short coming then please feel free to forgive me [:D] . Thanks in advance. [:)]

Thread Starter #3
ilango[speed thirst];134999 said:
jbl /pioneer mp3 head units ,
all door speakers
I've heard that speakers fixed on the door require damping, so would'nt that cost extra??? Is there any ways to avoid that??? (Sorry, I'm a Noob when it comes to things like this. [frustration] )

For bassy ,
same head units
front 6 incher jbl
rear
wooden plank - jbl 6x9 .
must be almost near or less than 10000
By wooden plank you mean a wooden box inside which the speaker is fixed or a parcel tray??? [confused]

And thanks for the speedy reply. [clap]

I mean the parcel tray,
box gives better effect , but eats up boot space.

For 10000/- forget damping , damping are mostly practiced in high end audio installation , where one is so damn perfect of music.

Out of 1000 cars , 2 are damped.

In 10k, you wont get a full setup, so go stage by stage... I mean, upgrade in phases.

Phase 1:
* Pioneer head unit - 7k
* JBL comps - 4k
* Wiring - 2k

Phase 2:
* JBL 4 ch amp - 5k
* JBL sub - 5k

Phase 3:
* JBL rear co-ax - 4k

In 10k, you wont get a full setup, so go stage by stage... I mean, upgrade in phases.

Phase 1:
* Pioneer head unit - 7k
* JBL comps - 4k
* Wiring - 2k

Phase 2:
* JBL 4 ch amp - 5k
* JBL sub - 5k

Phase 3:
* JBL rear co-ax - 4k
Correct [cheers].

Please do not feel bad but 10K is not much for complete or full setup and please consider as suggested by Raj.

Thread Starter #7
Sorry guys been busy for a while, so wasnt able to post back.
Anyways day before yesterday I installed an ICE for 7.5k. My old budget of 10k had depleted cause of other priorities, so my options were more limited than before.
Here's what I got.

The Head Unit cost's 4K.
There were total of 4 Speakers(2 in one box.) Which cost a total of 3.5K.
Hence the grand total of 7.5k. My future plans are to add an AMP & BASS Tube i.e if the circumstances are favorable.

Here's what I got.

The Head Unit cost's 4K.
There were total of 4 Speakers(2 in one box.) Which cost a total of 3.5K.
Hence the grand total of 7.5k. My future plans are to add an AMP & BASS Tube i.e if the circumstances are favorable.
Where did that come from!

You overpaid for headunit which costs 3290/- at https://www.carplus.in/1490ub-p-1404.html
Only reason I suspect is wiring and installation came free to you.

And Sony speakers are usually unrecommended. Atleast Boston accoustic is recommended if one is on a micro-budget.

I hope you paid 7.5k for HU+2 pairs of speakers (3.5k HU + 1.8k speaker pair + 1.8k+ 0.3k labour)
XS-GTF16272 : Speakers : Xplod™ Speakers / Subwoofer : Sony India

Last edited:

Top Bottom