ICE for Maruti Swift

Thread Starter #31
Thanks for your input neil.vernafluidic

So you are suggesting that i should avoid any jbl product let it be HU or speakers?

I was give a quote of 6000rs for Kenwood - KDC-U449 and 6500rs for Car Entertainment Systems

Out of those two kenny one has 2 preouts and pioneer has just one whereas jbl x333 has 3 preouts.

The speakers that you are suggesting Infinity - Car Audio , can i consider them as good alternatives for components without using amplifier?

Thanks for your input neil.vernafluidic

So you are suggesting that i should avoid any jbl product let it be HU or speakers?

I was give a quote of 6000rs for Kenwood - KDC-U449 and 6500rs for Car Entertainment Systems

Out of those two kenny one has 2 preouts and pioneer has just one whereas jbl x333 has 3 preouts.

The speakers that you are suggesting Infinity - Car Audio , can i consider them as good alternatives for components without using amplifier?
jbl gt5 series speakers are not good according to me , no matter it has got more rms and peak then infinity. And as you dont have amp , better to go for quality speaker that can sound good enough with HU

If you like to place tweeter somewhere else and if you like the tweeter sound coming separately from speaker sound , then you should go for components -
Infinity - Car Audio

none of the speakers/components will sound good without an amp. On low volume everything will be fine , but at higher volume sound will get distorted and not audible. so it's good to buy an amp as soon as possible as it will increase your speakers life too.

from the above two HU you told me , i would suggest Kenwood as it has got 2 preout.... while pioneer has only one. JBL HU are new so i dont know how good they are.better not to take risk [confused]

For now preouts are not going to be used for you until you buy amplifier.
but its always good to have option for future if you plan to update it later.so buy HU with at least 2 preout.

Thread Starter #33
So, i went to Elegant in LN today and these are the following quotes by them.

Pioneer 2390 - 4500rs
Infinity Ref 6030cs - 6000rs

Thats all! He told me that all the wiring is included with the speakers and there is no need of any extra wiring kit.

When i went to driven few days back they quoted me 6500rs for that same Pioneer 2390 HU which is really making me sad after hearing so much about them. :-(

So, i went to Elegant in LN today and these are the following quotes by them.

Pioneer 2390 - 4500rs
Infinity Ref 6030cs - 6000rs

Thats all! He told me that all the wiring is included with the speakers and there is no need of any extra wiring kit.

When i went to driven few days back they quoted me 6500rs for that same Pioneer 2390 HU which is really making me sad after hearing so much about them. :-(
ya good choice.
this speakers are good. even i am going to put ref series component in front too.
thanks for quoting the price of it.

and no wiring is needed until you buy amp.

Thread Starter #35
I also took audition of infinity 6030cs and jbl 609c today but infinity was way superior imo.
The treble was quite high in jbl and the mid-bass was also not as god as infinity's.

The price diff b/w both them is 1000rs.

I was also given quote of JBL X333 at 3250rs. It was pretty decent looking.

I also took audition of infinity 6030cs and jbl 609c today but infinity was way superior imo.
The treble was quite high in jbl and the mid-bass was also not as god as infinity's.

The price diff b/w both them is 1000rs.

I was also given quote of JBL X333 at 3250rs. It was pretty decent looking.
thanks for the review of infinity. it will help me.
once you get some money i will suggest you to buy 4 ch amp...
it will give a lot lot better quality and will save lifespan of your speakers too.

Thread Starter #38
Got the ICE done from driven on 8th of this month but i was too busy to update. So, here it is:

HU: Kenwood U449 @ 5500
Comps: Hertz DSK 165 @ 5000
Wiring/Misc: Audison / MDF Rings / Socket @ 600

e5e1ce154427081.jpg 37eaec154427106.jpg

8fd60a154427129.jpg 3623a6154427142.jpg

965377154427158.jpg 326c6f154427177.jpg

a4e7cf154427200.jpg

Please give your feedback :)

Thread Starter #40
HU has 2 pre outs so 1 to tweeters and other to speakers. This is the only speaker (afaik) built by Hertz with two crossovers: one for the tweeters and the other for the speakers.

Sound is really good (vocals + bass) but when i go near 23/25 volume i hear some distortion in vocals (like teared). Mr Rana suggested me to not to go over 25 w/o the amp but i think 20 will be a safe bet.

HU has 2 pre outs so 1 to tweeters and other to speakers. This is the only speaker (afaik) built by Hertz with two crossovers: one for the tweeters and the other for the speakers.

Sound is really good (vocals + bass) but when i go near 23/25 volume i hear some distortion in vocals (like teared). Mr Rana suggested me to not to go over 25 w/o the amp but i think 20 will be a safe bet.
ya, i told you before. without amp sound will get distorted at higher volume.
dont play at very high volume until you get an amp.

here is my setup.
currently i am bankrupt so all 4 speakers are stock(buy later) and HU is stock too- which i am not going to change.. i just added my JBL amp and sub to it.
distortion in vid is because of subwoofer bass

My new ICE setup in new car Hyundai Accent 2012 (Verna fluidic) - YouTube

Last edited:
Thread Starter #43
Thanks freaksir ;)

I was just wondering if that sound (tear) is normal for comps when you try to increase up the volume above 22/23 if you don't have an amp installed with them?

sunny the preouts of a headunit are used only when an amplifier is being used in the setup,not otherwise.
A component which has two crossovers for each side enable the feature called bi-amping in which for eg a 4 channel amp is used,2 channels are used for the tweeters and 2 channels for the mid-bass,if a 4 channel amplifier is used you will require a headunit which has 2 preouts,if an additional amplifier is used(like a mono)for the sub,you will need a headunit which has 3 preouts.[:)]

Thanks freaksir ;)

I was just wondering if that sound (tear) is normal for comps when you try to increase up the volume above 22/23 if you don't have an amp installed with them?
It's not a tear exactly but incapability of the driver to produce the output. But yes, it is better not to make drivers reach their limits without an amp. 80% of max vol. is a safe zone.

sunny the preouts of a headunit are used only when an amplifier is being used in the setup,not otherwise.
A component which has two crossovers for each side enable the feature called bi-amping in which for eg a 4 channel amp is used,2 channels are used for the tweeters and 2 channels for the mid-bass,if a 4 channel amplifier is used you will require a headunit which has 2 preouts,if an additional amplifier is used(like a mono)for the sub,you will need a headunit which has 3 preouts.[:)]

BANG ON buddy.

freakdude.

Top Bottom