ICE for Maruti Swift

Re: ICE for Swift

Hey Sunny!

My Simple Advice is Go for JBL GTX555(Rs. 4500). Head unit. That is a nice HU you get for this price range. It comes with 3 pre outs.. 50wx4 channel. USB, Aux in ....Etc

The pre outs are actually terminals of the audio signals from the music system before going to the HU amplifier. The Signals will be clean with out any distortion.

by taking the pre out signals to the external Amps, the amplified signals or say sound you get from the Sub or component will be near perfect.

This X555 HU will be very useful when you add sub & Amp in your system.

Go for the Co axial 2way 6" (1500/=)for the front. since you already got the ovals for the rear you will get a decent sound.

Preserve some money for adding the Sub & Amp.

Since you are a student its always better to play safe game.

Happy ICEing man.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #18
So, finally i gave a visit to driven(EOK, ND)!

Somewhere i read the address was E-7 but actually it was F-7, i kept looking for the shop for half an hour but i finally found it. Shop is quite small but it has everything i was looking for. Mr Rana was not there as he was out of town so i met Subhan there, he was extremely polite and answering all my queries.

I told him that my budget was 10-12k (max) and he has suggested me the following setup, please let me know what you think about them and their prices:
JBL X333 - 3.8k (3 pre outs)
Pioneer 2390 - 6k (just 1 pre out in it)
Kenwood U449 - 6.5k (2 pre outs)
Hertz DCX 165 comps - 5k (when i googled there are no comps by that name , i guess he wrote that by mistake and actually it is DSK 165)
Audison wiring - 400rs
Mdf ring / Socket - 150+150rs
[*]He said if i wouldn't be including amp with this setup still it will do fine (amp is actually out of my budget and subs i will get in future). What do you think about this?
I am getting confused as well in the HU department as jbl specs are really good but i am surprised why its is so cheap. If i will go with jbl as compared to kenny/pio will there be any difference in SQ?
[*]Also, are Hertz DSK 165 fine comps? Because i won't be changing them in future. And is there any better alternative for it in the same price range?

He told me that jbl comps are more on the bright side and my preference is clarity + bass (punch)

One thing i am sure is that i am definitely getting my ICE done from them :)

Last edited:
Seems to be a nice setup to me. Go for X333 if you'd never play a CD as it doesn't has one.

SQ wise JBL is a way better then the entry level Pioneers.

freakdude.

Yes I would also suggest to go for X333. These days you don't need CD player as everything is on flash drives. But totally on your usage.

Thread Starter #21
Ok!

Head unit has been finalized now: JBL X333

Now just last query. Are Hertz DSK 165 best in that price range or i should look for other brands like rockford, bull audio, polk, helix?
I won't be adding sub/amp soon so i want best sound in that price range.

Just a brief comparo as per my hearing of these drivers:

DSK - Nice Vocals, warm sound
rockford - Less power, smooth sound
bull audio - Awesome power, amazingly solid built, lack finesse in audio
polk - Amazing sound reproduction

May I suggest you have a look at Morel Maximos and JBL 609C too.

freakdude.
helix

Thread Starter #23
Just a brief comparo as per my hearing of these drivers:

DSK - Nice Vocals, warm sound
rockford - Less power, smooth sound
bull audio - Awesome power, amazingly solid built, lack finesse in audio
polk - Amazing sound reproduction
Noted!
May I suggest you have a look at Morel Maximos
They were available. I was given a quote of 6k for them.
Ok i will ask for them.
If you are suggesting the jbl ones from your experience (and according to my music requirements) then i will finalize them with no second thought. [:)]

Noted!
They were available.
Subhan gave me a quote of 6k for them.
If you are suggesting that from your experience then i will finalize them eyes closed. [:)]
I too got them for 6K for my etios. They sound awesome. They have almost broken in by now and mellowed down in treble, vocals are damn clear and mid pass punch is awesome in this price band.

609C are too an amazing pair of compos in this price band. Added adv. is tweeter level control on cross-over. B/W 609C and Maximos, I'll bet on Maximos.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #25
I too got them for 6K for my etios. They sound awesome. They have almost broken in by now and mellowed down in treble, vocals are damn clear and mid pass punch is awesome in this price band.
Sounds too tempting hah.
609C are too an amazing pair of compos in this price band. Added adv. is tweeter level control on cross-over. B/W 609C and Maximos, I'll bet on Maximos.
Ok! If my budget allows me then i must go with the Maximos w/o any second thought but if it doesn't then JBL 609c will be a good choice as well (better than hertz dsk 165?)

609C are better than DSK due to price diff. DSK 165 would be somewhere around 8K and 609C would be around 5.5-6K a pair.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #27
Got it!

Now i will come back here just the day before installation. Thanks everybody! (specially freakdude)

Hi Sunny,

I'll suggest you to go for JBL X555 instead of X333. It is having a CD drive also. with the same specs of the X333.

The rest seems a good pick to me.

Enjoy ICEing your car man.

Re: ICE for Swift

I just checked out this jbl site and it shows only one 4ch amp which is costing around ~8000 and thats almost doubling my budget hah.

JBL GT5-S644

Now i will come back here just the day before i will get my ice done.
you will get hem in lesser price that is shown on the site defintely...
i dont prefer you to buy JBL speakers...

For Now -
buy any pioneer head with at least 2 preouts as for front and rear speakers you will need them
and buy Infinity kappa 63.9i - 3 way round speaker with inbult tweeter for front door. they will sound lot better then pioneer , sony and JBL.

I think both will cost you around 11k not more.

For later ,
Buy any good 4 ch amp [EXCEPT sony and JBL GT5 series] with 1 preout in it.
This preout from amp , you will be able to use it for your subwoofer in future.

for 4 ch amp , i will prefer you this JBL - Product Support - GTO-504E - 280-Watt 4-Channel Full-Range Amplifier
it has got 1 preout in it.
I have been using JBL GTO1004E the higher model of that in my car since a long time without any problem.

well I am a student too, since last 1.5 years i have been saving my pocketmoney for ICEing my car. but i'll say you , because of strict budget dont buy cheap products. you will eventually dislike them . so better to wait untill you get a good budget to buy better products.

good luck for ICEing

Last edited:

Top Bottom