ICE For Mahindra Scorpio within Rs.15K

Sorry to burst your bubble but you have bought an inferior product. The one you bought has 2 pre outs and 3 band equaliser. The other two had five band equaliser and the jvc had 3 pre-outs.
congrats anyways [:)]
Hey buddy, what i have is a 2012 model, they have not yet updated in the Official website, its clearly mentioned as 3 Pre-out.

I am very much happy with it.

Also i didn't want to spend 14k for HU.

This gives correct bass, as how i need.

Will post a pic tomorrow.[:)]

In the manual they have clearly mentioned 3 pre-out.

JVC in similar range has 2 pre-out.

He also showed me Alpine 3 Pre-out, which was superb, but was single DIN.

Thread Starter #47
And what about the 3 band equaliser? Even the pioneer 6050 @ under 8k has a 5 band equaliser right?

And what about the 3 band equaliser? Even the pioneer 6050 @ under 8k has a 5 band equaliser right?
Yes its 3 band equaliser, and currently i have set it to Xplod, by default.

I was not much into it, as i needed a ICE before the trip.

Happy with my decision , as i didn't want a Sub, which is space eater in my case.

Not to forget the absolute Sound experience from Hertz components, gives a good bass effect , in the existing acoustics.

Last edited:
Hey brother
I am sure you can get the Entry level JVC/Sony/Pioneer head unit for about 110$ (aussie)
get rear and front speakers thats about 150 dollars
Rest you can spend for your labour, or might just do it yourself ( I would)

AMP is required if your upgrading the speakers to bigger ones ,if your not keen to spend on that then no point putting and amp in.

ICE for Scorpio SLE

Hi All,
Sorry if my question is repetion of any of the topic.
I am buying a scorpio SLE and as you may be knowing it comes with voice assist having a s peaker in the front right door.
As part of ICEing want to install a a decent HU and 2 X front and 2X rear speakers.So when I install the speaker in the front,What happens to he existing speakerdoor?
1.Can I retain as it is ?if so do I have to place 2 speakers in the front right door?
2.If I replace the stock speaker,can the new speaker can be given the inputs from HU as we as the VAS system?

Thankx in advance and sory for my ignorance.
Mikkan

Re: ICE for Scorpio SLE

Hi All,
Sorry if my question is repetion of any of the topic.
I am buying a scorpio SLE and as you may be knowing it comes with voice assist having a s peaker in the front right door.
As part of ICEing want to install a a decent HU and 2 X front and 2X rear speakers.So when I install the speaker in the front,What happens to he existing speakerdoor?
1.Can I retain as it is ?if so do I have to place 2 speakers in the front right door?
2.If I replace the stock speaker,can the new speaker can be given the inputs from HU as we as the VAS system?

Thankx in advance and sory for my ignorance.
Mikkan
Hi Mikkan, the earlier Sle was called Vls variant, and had the OEM Nippon music system, now i guess there is no need for you to opt for Music system .
I think there isn't any speaker as well, may be Superbad can brief you on this.
In my Scorpio-Vlx it came with single DIN Nippon system.Recently i got it fitted with SONY HU, with the stock wiring, just it was plug and play, i opted for all 4 Hertz components, the VMS is working fine.

Thread Starter #52
There was one speaker on the right front door. It is of no use since when one does the ICE purchase, there would purchase of speakers in pairs.

The OEM speakers are coaxials.
Everybody suggests for component speakers at the front.

At the rear there can be oval coaxials or component speakers depending on the budget.

A note : component speakers need more power to drive them. So if you are not opting for an amplifier , go for the 4 ohm speakers. If you decide upon an amp, the 2 ohm speakers could be preferred for better bass (all subjective )
brands preferred focal,morel,JBL, power bass, hertz etc.

Important : do not rush in for the ice purchase.

Move around in more than 4 to 5 shops. Get the feel of what brands they sell, audition them (only for their sound signature since the ambience inside your car would be different than the speakers at the audition) . Check out how they perform on other car they might be performing the ICE installation.

Top Bottom