ICE For Mahindra Scorpio within Rs.15K

Thread Starter #31
Ts touch screen ones.

From what i know component systems need an amp. It would have been better if you would have opted for components at the front and co axials at the rear. The hertz one would need amp for sure. Sorry , do not know if you have an amp installed already.
Check out carplus for range in jvc /pioneer. From what i have read pioneer hu provide better bass for the Hu powered speakers.
You can power the front components to an amp and change the rear to co axials.

So which HU do you guys suggest me, my Budget on HU would be around 12 k, including damping if required.
I have always liked Pioneer HUs in that budget.

Guys my questions are, While changing HU, do i need to rewire them, or use the same connection provided by M&M.
You can use the same wiring.

Can i get the wiring done of good quality with VMS working.
I would suggest you use the same wiring for the front speakers as VMS uses only the front right speaker. Else the VMS may stop working.

If i get the wiring done for front components, will my VMS(Voice Message System) work?
I dont think so. Avoid messing with the stock wiring of front speakers.
Will a good set of wiring improves sound clarity and music ???
Definitely.

Which HU will all you guys suggest me, i visited a shop here, they suggested a Double DIN JVC or pioneer one for 17,500/- onwards.
I suggest Pioneer.

Is the damping with dynamat required for Components.

I thought only to change HU, do i need to go for damping of doors?
If you can afford it, why not? Else put the damping when you plan to install a subwoofer.

Thanks for the replies Raj, any specific name of HU in Pioneer.

Does a component gives the thump and Bass, without amplifier and Sub?

Because i have all 4 components, i didn't wanted any cutting, so had went for all 4 components.

Again can you differentiate the merits and de-merits Oval speaker(Coaxial) and components.

Which one is better.

Do i need to switch over to Ovals at the rear.

1) Component speakers always work better with amplifier.

2) Co-axials produce more thump/bass than component speakers.

3) Both co-axials and components cannot produce a bass effect like subwoofers but some good speakers can give sufficient bass effect in small hatchbacks. Dont expect anything in a Scorpio... only a subwoofer will work!

4) Components produce clear sound whereas co-axials make loud sound, so I guess a mix of both is ideal. However, since you already have components in front and rear, let it be. Dont install co-axials in the rear. Instead install a sub and amplifier.

5) I cant recommend a HU model number but select the one that fits your budget.

Thread Starter #35
Thanks for the replies Raj, any specific name of HU in Pioneer.

Does a component gives the thump and Bass, without amplifier and Sub?

Because i have all 4 components, i didn't wanted any cutting, so had went for all 4 components.

Again can you differentiate the merits and de-merits Oval speaker(Coaxial) and components.

Which one is better.

Do i need to switch over to Ovals at the rear.
better you get a 4ch amp along with your HU.

depending on the upgrade in the overall sound signature you can then decide to get a subwoofer along with a mono ch amp installed

1) Component speakers always work better with amplifier.

2) Co-axials produce more thump/bass than component speakers.

3) Both co-axials and components cannot produce a bass effect like subwoofers but some good speakers can give sufficient bass effect in small hatchbacks. Dont expect anything in a Scorpio... only a subwoofer will work!

4) Components produce clear sound whereas co-axials make loud sound, so I guess a mix of both is ideal. However, since you already have components in front and rear, let it be. Dont install co-axials in the rear. Instead install a sub and amplifier.

5) I cant recommend a HU model number but select the one that fits your budget.
better you get a 4ch amp along with your HU.

depending on the upgrade in the overall sound signature you can then decide to get a subwoofer along with a mono ch amp installed
Thanks for the clarifications.

One final question, Can a Hi-Low converter be used to enhance sound, in order to retain the HU.

Can the sound experience change?,With a 4 channel Amp and a thin wafer type Sub-woofer, that can be placed behind middle row, just in between the gap of side facing seat?

How is Hertz Sub?

Sorry for too much of questions.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
Thanks for the clarifications.

One final question, Can a Hi-Low converter be used to enhance sound, in order to retain the HU.

Can the sound experience change?,With a 4 channel Amp and a thin wafer type Sub-woofer, that can be placed behind middle row, just in between the gap of side facing seat?

How is Hertz Sub?

Sorry for too much of questions.
a hi- low converter would have made sense if you wanted to retain your OEM HU.

since that is not the case get a better HU with overall better sound output.

as said earlier a decent HU has better sound processing so no need to worry on that front.

Thread Starter #39
From your listed options i would prefer you get the jvc HU for the simple fact that it has 3 pre-out unlike the pioneer which has 2 pre-outs. This would be useful if you decide to get a sub installed.
As of now get the jvc Hu with a 4 ch amp(sorry i have No idea about the amps since i have not researched for them). But the overall feedback suggests a decent JBL amp should suffice.

Last edited:
From your listed options i would prefer you get the jvc HU for the simple fact that it has 3 pre-out unlike the pioneer which has 2 pre-outs. This would be useful if you decide to get a sub installed.
As of now get the jvc Hu with a 4 ch amp(sorry i have No idea about the amps since i have researched for them). But the overall feedback suggests a decent JBL amp should suffice.
From what i have heard from some of my friends that amplifier without Sub, may damage the speakers , thus reducing its life span.

Thread Starter #41
From what i have heard from some of my friends that amplifier without Sub, may damage the speakers , thus reducing its life span.
you have to keep their gain in check.
The 4 ch amp was to be connected to the 4 component speakers. So the question of connecting a sub to that amp does not arise. Since you have four component speakers get a 4 channel amp and power them up.
For connecting a sub you would need a mono channel amp.
Alternately if you want a sub to be connected to a 4 channel amp Then you have to then only power the front components to an amp and then the sub connected to that 4 channel amp in bridge mode leaving the rear components to be powered by the HU.

Decide the combination depending upon your budget since installing a sub would then also increase the cost in damping.

Thread Starter #43
Sorry to burst your bubble but you have bought an inferior product. The one you bought has 2 pre outs and 3 band equaliser. The other two had five band equaliser and the jvc had 3 pre-outs.
congrats anyways [:)]

Top Bottom