ICE Configurations For Different Budgets

@ RSM : If you are using the OE HU, then it wont have the required pre-outs.
Sorry for asking basic question, what is pre-out?
What i came to know from other Punto users, the OE HU has sufficient power to handle more powerful speakers.

What you can do is install a line-out converter with a 4/7 band equalizer. Install a good 4 channel amp, go for nice component speakers in front & in rear too, since you are saving on subwoofer!
What is the use of 4/5 channel amp? To amplify the sound?

And which is the good brands for speakers?

Thread Starter #17
Sorry for asking basic question, what is pre-out?
What i came to know from other Punto users, the OE HU has sufficient power to handle more powerful speakers.
Its not about power buddy, its the ability to connect an amp.

RCA Preouts are used to connect external amps to your head unit. These are the same red and white cables that you use for your home system. Basic head units usually have one set of preouts (front left, front right). Some head units have two sets (front left, front right, rear left, rear right), but most decent head units have 3 sets (front left, front right, rear left, rear right, subwoofer left, subwoofer right). Subwoofer outputs are sometimes called "non-fading" outputs because they are not effected by the head unit's fade control (front to back balance). If you're not planning on adding an external amp, you don't need to worry about RCA pre-outs. If you want to add an external amp (or amps), its always recommend getting a unit with two to three pre-outs.

If you are adding only one 4 channel amp to power front & rear speakers or front speakers & sub, then 2 pre-out HU is more than enough. But if in future, you need to upgrade to one more amp for your sub, then you may require 3 pre-outs.

What is the use of 4/5 channel amp? To amplify the sound?
Amplifiers are meant to reduce distortion in your speakers at higher volume & give a clean & crisp sound.

General myth is that amps may damage speakers because of the additional power. Not true. Infact, if speakers are played at high volume without an amp, then chances of the speakers going kaput are higher.

And which is the good brands for speakers?
there are many brands as i have mentioned in my first post. depends on your budget & availability.

Friends i already have sony music player of specs:
Sony Xplod USB Compatible In-Car Head Unit-CDX-G1071U Price: Buy Sony Xplod USB Compatible In-Car Head Unit-CDX-G1071U Online in India - Infibeam.com
so what kinds of things i must buy to complete the ICE set up.
my requirements are clear music with sometimes good bass, in a nutshell i want easy going little high bass/beats with clear music thing on run and heavy BEATS aren't compulsory
how many speakers can i connect to it and can i also attach subwoofer?
can anyone say what does these mean:
1) 55wx4 ?
2) Dynamic reality Amp2 (is it inbuilt amplifier to eliminate use of amplifiers ) ?
3) EQ3 stage 2 ?
4) 2 Pre out? (regard to what and where it's used)
5) what's BLACK OUT ?
budget for speakers,mono,components,twitters, whatever etc is _________ cant decide but under 10,000

I am planning to upgrade music system in Fiat Linea 2011 model. Need your expert views.

1. Car Description: Linea Emotion 2011 Model.

2. I am planning to get

a. JVC HU model no. KD-R862BT or KD-R320BT single din – INR 6500

b. JBL CX-650CSI Crossover Components 6.5” for Front Doors – INR 5200

c. JBL CX-36CSI Coaxial Speakers 6.5” for Rear Doors – INR 3600

d. Damp mat (for front doors only) – 2000/door

3. I read various forums and visited shops in Gurgaon but I found no one suggesting JBL components and coaxial.

Questions: Is there any performance problem with JBL? I am considering JBL because of budget only.

Is the above mentioned combination good as in performance? I want to feel good surround sound with clear beats.

My budget is maximum 20000 INR including everything. Please suggest if any other brand I can go for Components/Co axial?

Any suggestion for Damping the doors?

Hi ! Yes you can go for this setup . JBL has VFM products . You can enjoy good sound quality without spending much on JBL products.
Second option is pioneer . You can get pioneer double DIN HU within 7k. Damping is not necessary without amplifier. You can decide latter if doors vibrate.

I just bought a s2 model, awaiting delivery. Now I am thinking of setting up my car audio system. I want to know whether 6.5" speaker will fit in the Scorpio s2 model or not??

Also can you guys suggest on my chosen head unit and speakers, they are as follows:

1.JBL - Combo of CS 6 - 6.5 inch 2 Way Coaxial Speakers (135 W) [Pair of Speakers] + CS 6C - 6.5 inch Component Speakers (150 W) [Pair of Speakers]

2. SONY CDX-G1150U - CD, USB, FM/AM Tuner with MP3/WMA Playback (Single DIN)

I am thinking of component at the front and coaxial at the rear
I am not planning for an amplifier, do I need one? If I need one I can get that in 3 months time. But now can I proceed with above setup and add an amp later, if needed?? Please help!!!

You guys can suggest any alternative to mine given above.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have very little knowledge about car audio system and my budget is little tight.

I just bought a s2 model, awaiting delivery. Now I am thinking of setting up my car audio system. I want to know whether 6.5" speaker will fit in the Scorpio s2 model or not??

Also can you guys suggest on my chosen head unit and speakers, they are as follows:

1.JBL - Combo of CS 6 - 6.5 inch 2 Way Coaxial Speakers (135 W) [Pair of Speakers] + CS 6C - 6.5 inch Component Speakers (150 W) [Pair of Speakers]

2. SONY CDX-G1150U - CD, USB, FM/AM Tuner with MP3/WMA Playback (Single DIN)

I am thinking of component at the front and coaxial at the rear
I am not planning for an amplifier, do I need one? If I need one I can get that in 3 months time. But now can I proceed with above setup and add an amp later, if needed?? Please help!!!

You guys can suggest any alternative to mine given above.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have very little knowledge about car audio system and my budget is little tight.
For a simple setup, addition amp is not required.
I'm currently using Sony DSX A35U, JBL GTO 509C components in front and JBL GTO949 as rear speakers and I'm pretty happy with the config, it's been more than a year and quite satisfied with it's performance.
So, yes front components and rear coaxials is a good choice

What is your budget?
How much is the HU costing you?
You can check my post as I was having similar constraints as yours but, I hope it helps
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/17889-ice-eon-magna-under-10k-budget.html
I'm not sure about scorpio but generally most vehicles have provision in door to support till 5 1/4" inch speakers.. Please get it confirmed from the dealer.
Where are you planning to fit the rear speakers? i.e. rear doors? If so then it's the same question.. get the info from dealer if it's possible to mount 6.5 inch speakers in the doors.

I will contact the dealer but if Scorpio s2 model has 5.25" slot, can I use a speaker bracket or ring?? Will it hamper the music quality??

The HU is priced at Rs. 4159 currently at snapdeal
http://m.snapdeal.com/product/sony-cdxg1150u-cd-usb-fmam/914627741?tag=

The speakers are priced at Rs. 3717

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-combo-of-cs-6/1860076779?tag=

So my budget is pretty tight!!

Where are the places I can fit rear speakers other than rear doors??

Excuse me, if my questions are silly. The little knowledge I gained is from this forum only.

Thanks

I'm not sure if 5.25" slots can accommodate 6.5" speakers.. Try to go for 3/4th inch mdf rings instead of 1/2 inch rings, and some workshops will do damping by default.

Also, you could go for Sony DSX-A35U.. it just doesn't have CD player, but I'm sure you wouldn't miss it.. it has Aux,USB,FM, and would cost you Rs.3700

I've seen some cars(an alto and a yellow board Tavera) doing it on the tailgate/hatch as well, or maybe speakers mounted on mdf box in the boot; but, I'm not sure how effective it would be.. sound quality in the tavera was good; it was a taxi we hired.

IMHO, you should go for mounting it on the doors itself if possible. It might require some panels to be cut to place the components, so make sure you get it done from a good workshop.. Fellow TAI-gers from Kolkata might be able to help you with that. Before buying online, check for prices in the shops as well. If you buy from the shops, it will save you around 1k, which they take for installation[;)].

Thanks a lot for your reply. Last few requests

Can you suggest me any website or link where I can buy those rings you recommended??
And can you suggest me something on the wiring needed for the setup?? You can also direct me to a link where I can get the required information regarding wires. So that I can research a bit.

Once again thanks for your valuable suggestions and I will surely verify the price with the workshops before I buy them.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for ur reply. Last few requests

Can you suggest me any website or link where I can buy those rings u recommended??
And can you suggest me something on the wiring needed for the setup?? You can also direct me to a link where I can get the required information regarding wires. So that I can research a bit.

Once again thanks for your valuable suggestions and I will surely verify the price with the workshops before I buy them.

Thanks
You need not buy those rings, the workshop where you will get these fitted will have these with them. Just insist them on using 3/4th inch ones.
I'm not sure if any special wiring setup is required, the workshop guy used the regular wiring that he uses for installation.
However, if you want to know more about the wiring and audio components, there's a thread by raj_5004
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-basic-information-car-entertainment-ice.html

Top Bottom