Hyundai's Unfair Business By Cutting Features at Same Price

Thread Starter #1
Guys, be careful on Hyundai vehicles delivery process ( in fact any car delivery).
2 months back i booked i20 asta crdi and recently received ; it doesn't contains 6th gear and gear shift indicator. Still i am not sure what is missed out. But paid full price.

Since there is a long gap between booking and delivery, once has to constantly keep watch on its products feature changes.
But these changes are no where mentioned in their web page and also dealer also not going to reveal unitl you pay downpayment and loan process, which is a cheap and unethical sales procedure.
So please take per-cautionary measure before signing of the T/R or even before paying the down payment, like do check all feature listed in the brochure.

Last edited:
Did the Asta come with 6th gear and gear shift indicator? If it used and now they are removed it is totally unacceptable. Lowering price and reducing features can be understood, but cutting down on features without reducing on price is bad.

Good that you have brought up this point and it is a nice piece of advice to all those who book their cars and then have to wait for 3-4 months to get the delivery. In these days of dynamic changes one needs to be abreast of everything they had and are getting.

Thread Starter #3
After extensive study, i understood that they want to cut down production delays(because of 3rd party parts delivery delays) and also there by they can also make some profits. But they don't want to pass that benefit to end customer.
Their website says all features available. But in reality they may not.

So it is upto us to take time and do complete test on the vehicle before you proceed downpayment and loan processing. And after verification also take confirmation mail VIN/Chassis no, feature list letter , then go for payment part.
This will put you in very safe hands.

But why this korean seller doing this kind of unethical business in our country.
I think time will take decision and some one will definitely file a case against Hyundai as well as the dealer.

Similar thing happened with Ford Figo as well. Exi used to come with music system and rear wiper. Now because of increase in taxes on diesel engines, they removed these from this variant. Although in brochures and on site features are still listed.

I agree with you this is totally unethical. Sometimes I even wonder on the feature list these car makers provide these days, like body colored bumpers in premium hatches, is that even a feature??:eek:

Similar thing happened with Ford Figo as well. Exi used to come with music system and rear wiper. Now because of increase in taxes on diesel engines, they removed these from this variant. Although in brochures and on site features are still listed.

I agree with you this is totally unethical. Sometimes I even wonder on the feature list these car makers provide these days, like body colored bumpers in premium hatches, is that even a feature??:eek:
Indeed it is unethical on Hyundai's part and dealer should gave briefed the buyer before taking the booking amount, let alone delivery. But what if dealer himself was not aware of these cuts [confused]

I did not know that Figo EXI used to come with a rear wiper. According to my information it is available from ZXI onwards. Music system I do not know.

my bad. removals were :-
EXI - music system was removed from the list
ZXI - rear wiper, electric ORVM were removed from the list

Thread Starter #7
Hyundai Dealer knows everything and since customer does not know, they just got some profit by cheating the end customer. Even Hyundai web page is not updated with new information. And also no official news from Hyundai regd this.

Thread Starter #8
This is basic violation of sales process. Hyundai web page/brochure vs actual product.
Does consumer courts saves the end customer in this regard.

350Z

Core Team
The word is that Hyundai has silently phased out the Six Speed Transmission on all variants of Hyundai i20 and that is most likely done to reduce manufacturing costs. But, in this case the disappointing part is that it was never informed to you in spite of being a customer in the wait list. You should definitely let the higher officials of Hyundai know about this matter. Please also refer to this post for more and this post for contact information.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I know how frustrating this can feel. Hyundai has silently removed the 6th gear in i20 CRDI without any information. I am sure the dealer must have got information on the same before hand. Try mailing or contacting the higher officials , this attitude from the dealership is really bad.

But on the other hand Hyundai themselves has not reduced the price of i20 CRDI even after cutting the features so i think even if you complain you will just be getting an apology. Even Ford has done this recently , this is a very bad practice from manufacturer's. They are probably doing this not to gain more profit but to keep the rising cost of raw materials in check.

Top Bottom