Hyundai Xcent SX VTVT Ownership Review - My Family Car

Thread Starter #31
Re: My "Family Car Hyundai Xcent SX VTVT" Ownership Review

Hi Cnus8n, I have booked a S "O" Diesel variant in Silver today. The SA promises the car to be delivered in 20 days.[:)]
Congrats Hawk for booking your new car, you will surely enjoy driving xcent.

Yesterday went and checked out the vehicle and did a quick inspection. Looks good, but would be even better once they have it all washed up before delivery.

Spent a good amount of time arguing with them for taking my own insurance instead of the supposedly superior "Hyundai Insurance" (had the same discussion at least 2 times before yesterday). I didn't get down from my demand and finally they agreed to my own insurance. I took a zero depreciation insurance from ICICI Lombard and today gave them the copy and finished all the form-20 stuff.
The car will be registered tomorrow and I have planned to take delivery on thursday afternoon.

Will post an initial ownership thread after I get at least a few hundred kms on the odo.
Congrats cnus8n, wishing you many happy miles ahead. Enjoy your new ride. Awaiting your ownership review

Congrats for your car gagan. Waiting for my S 1.2 delivery and SA promised me the delivery by this 18th. Waiting for the day....
Thanks furious_driver & congrats for booking your new car, you will surely enjoy driving xcent.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32

Hi guys, yesterday I have done my first service at 1730 kms on odo.
Overall great experience with service advisor of Koncept Hyundai [clap].
I have paid only Rs 18 for windshield cleaner.

^^ Wow! That's so damn costly! :D

BTW Anyone have any idea if there is any delay in their Chennai plant? The SA guy claiming that due to backlogs they are not taking new orders in production line. I am more worried now.

^^ Good to hear. Have you faced any other issues?

How about big potholes. How the car is behaving.

BTW my SA Called me and told me that SX is in stock and if i wanted to take it. I said no, I booked an S Petrol BTW.

Dear Gagan,

Congrats on your new Xcent[clap][clap]. My Xcent will be delivered tomorrow (after a loooooooooooong wait of 45 days). Just wanted to check with you whether the stepney provided with your vehicle is alloy as well!!

Regards,
Samson

Thread Starter #38

Dear Gagan,

Congrats on your new Xcent[clap][clap]. My Xcent will be delivered tomorrow (after a loooooooooooong wait of 45 days). Just wanted to check with you whether the stepney provided with your vehicle is alloy as well!!

Regards,
Samson
Thanks Samson and congrats on your new ride.
No, stepney is steel wheel not alloy,

Finally my Xcent S (0) is delivered. Gagan I wanted to check with you about the floor mat. The dealers has given me a floor mat that does not cover the floor that is just behind the rear AC. Can you please post a pic of your floor mat?

Finally my Xcent S (0) is delivered. Gagan I wanted to check with you about the floor mat. The dealers has given me a floor mat that does not cover the floor that is just behind the rear AC. Can you please post a pic of your floor mat?
Congrats samsmie.Wishing you many miles of happy driving. The floor mats provided by hyundai arent the best ones. I purchased 3d digi mats.They seem to be doing the job for me as its monsoon here.
Check the pic below
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ownership-review-wp_20140530_16_36_48_pro.jpg

Xcent owners what is FE you are getting City and Highway for VTVT or CRDI versions ?

That is quite ambitious, the same engine in i10 used to give pathetic FE.

People who have tested the FE, please advise as of of my friends asked me.

OK just saw above update, thanks.

Top Bottom