Hyundai Xcent Review & Pictures: The 'X' Factor

Re: Hyundai Xcent: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Hi,
I took TD few days back and found that:
1. Steering is very light, I personally didn't like it.
2. Overall NVH level is OK.
3. Great Quality interiors.
4. Power delivery is average compared to Amaze and Desire.
5. Diamond cut alloys on top variant are awesome.
6. Exterior is good.
7. Price is competitive.[clap]

i think the petrol base variant is the vfm product, otherwise go for new tata zest, dezire, or amaze, indian car like dezire or zest will be more owner friendly in long run. A mere 20 to 30th bucks must not decide the buyers choice who are shelling out 6-8 lakhs from their pocket. However i am not against hyundai , but this product dictated only by market hurts quite lot while taking decision, i myself wanted to go for dezire but finally moved to amaze for family pressure. never liked this xcent from hyundai which is a two sitter in back at the most.

Yes , the Xcent Petrol base variant is quite loaded at just 5 lacs plus OTR. It is quite well the cheapest sedan in India.

Hi guys,

How is the Performance of Diesel version in Hyundai Xcent? Is there any issues with the 3 cylinder engine?

^^ One thing for sure, even while fully loaded, you will not feel under-powered, even in hilly roads. It was confirmed by some user here, who owns Diesel variant, who recently had a long trip in ghat roads.

If you are expecting, swift-like or amaze-like performance, no it is not made for that. But it is a decent engine, which give decent performance and offer better mileage. Even recently, this car topped as best mileage car, with amaze as second. So it is obvious, this car is tuned for better FE and so, performance is not expected to be to the likes of enthusiastic driver.

^^ One thing for sure, even while fully loaded, you will not feel under-powered, even in hilly roads. It was confirmed by some user here, who owns Diesel variant, who recently had a long trip in ghat roads.

If you are expecting, swift-like or amaze-like performance, no it is not made for that. But it is a decent engine, which give decent performance and offer better mileage. Even recently, this car topped as best mileage car, with amaze as second. So it is obvious, this car is tuned for better FE and so, performance is not expected to be to the likes of enthusiastic driver.
Spot on....I ouch performace of Grand i10 D....Its decent performer.
No problem at all fully loaded on ghat sections also.
Then where it underscroes?
1) Punch of turbo charger
2) 0-80 is Breeze but later on its lethergtic after 100 it will take its own time to pull socks
3) Top speed we can aceheve comfortably is 140
4) In Reverse gear its underpowered? well its my personal opinion but will it carry its duty very well
Where it performs decent/Above average.
1) The best city driving diesel, it just drives like any other petrol with no/Minute turbo lag .
2) 0-80/100 Very good performer
2) Even if fully loaded no siginficant drop of performance

Last edited:

^^ Yes. I agreed with that, but reverse is under-powered? Nope. Not at least in my Petrol Xcent. I comfortably reversed in bumps or even hilly regions, and never once had an issue.

Well 80-100 it is pulling fine, but after 100, i felt like i didn't pressed the gas pedal. But it seems after 100, it is out of breath and takes it's own to gain the momentum. I am not confident enough to over take at any speeds above 100.

^^ Yes. I agreed with that, but reverse is under-powered? Nope. Not at least in my Petrol Xcent. I comfortably reversed in bumps or even hilly regions, and never once had an issue.

Well 80-100 it is pulling fine, but after 100, i felt like i didn't pressed the gas pedal. But it seems after 100, it is out of breath and takes it's own to gain the momentum. I am not confident enough to over take at any speeds above 100.
furious driver, I have taken my Xcent at 120 km/h very comfortably, it doesn't feel underpowered at that speed.

^^ My everyday commute is 70% highway and i can see car needs some time to get to 120+ speeds. So this is what matters in over taking, if you build the power even before you over take, you can zip past the vehicle. But if i am going to pull the vehicle just before over taking, it will take some time to get to that speed, and it is what making me nervous.

Thanks to all..[cheers] If waan to put a seat cover for the car, which one is the best option. Because most of the time i ll use my car for long drives only and leather cover will get heated soon is it?/ Share your opinions:help:

Top Bottom