Hyundai Verna SX CRDi 4 Months 5000km Review

Thread Starter #16
Congrats on Verna Fluidic. It seems that fellow owners have missed this thread. Otherwise, I’m sure it would have turned into pages long in no time. :smile: Your seat covers look fantastic and match well with those interiors. By the way, are the registration plates actual HSRP?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z for being the first one to reply to the thread, was getting little restless to be true, seeing no one replying to the thread [confused].

The seat cover was bought by Glix Kolkata. In fact, I was planing to go for real leather seat covers from Stanley Boutique but they quoted me a bomb and I didn't want to spend so much just on the seat covers. So, I settled for the leatherette seat cover. The Brand is called Dolphin and costed me Rs. 12,000 and I am pretty satisfied with it. The fitting is tightly done by Glix. The only problem I face is keeping the seat covers clean. Its like dirt magnet.

Yes, the number plate is my actual HSRP, forgot to edit the number before posting the pics.[frustration]

Congrat's on new Verna, Verna is the best looking C segment car you can buy in our country right now.
Totally agree with you on that. Verna is the best buy in C segment diesel car today. The looks and features are amazing. Now after using Verna, when I sit in my friends Vento or City it looks like so plain and boring to me.

Aaaha one more thread on Fluidic!! How could we miss this.:biggrin:
Well congrats Amit for having the hottest car in its segment and also having the not so common color other than White. Good to know that you are enjoying the car and wish you happy miles with this beauty.

So whats the FE you are getting? I am not getting more than 13kmpl in my CRDi SX.[anger]
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/6717-got-wet-rain-fluidics.html
Thanks a lot, and wish you the same for your car. The average F.E that I am getting in bumper to bumper traffic is 12 km/l. Initially, I was getting 15 km/l till 1000 km but that time I wasn't doing any spirited driving either. When I change gear with gear change indicator, the MID shows 13 - 14 km/l.

I am actually planning to change my engine oil and fuel filter, and go for full synthetic oil from MobilOne. Read, in Nick's thread his F.E actually rose by 2 km/l after changing the oil.

I personally think the car is actually very sensitive to the quality of the fuel we put. Like I generally refill from a HP owned petrol pump which is on the way to my work and the average F.E I get is 12 - 13 km/l, tested from tankful to tankful method (MID showing 14 km/l). While couple of times, I refilled from a normal BP Pump and my average dropped to 9.5 km/l.

Congratz on the verna AMIT ! Carbon gray is my fav colour after white. After living with my verna for 6 months. I have realized those beige interiors are very hard to maintain! specially the fabric on door pads.
@gears, you will get high mileage under optimum conditions only (hyundai service center told me this).
The other day i read autocar india's long term hyundai verna review. They had stated they their verna gave a mileage of 12.5 in city. And It was ''very good mileage'' according to them.
My initially choice of color was White, but then I thought White was getting pretty common in Verna. Every second Verna I see in my city is White.

Ya, maintaining the beige interior is no doubt a pretty tough task. I try to clean the seat covers and door pads, with car shampoo once in 15 days, but still it get real dirty. Its getting more tough maintaing them during Monsoon.

I, in an average get a F.E of 11 - 12 km/l calculated by tankful to tankful method while (MID shows 13 - 14 km/l) in Kolkata's bumper to bumper traffic, with A.C on all the time.

HI Amit,

How do you find the service Quality and the cost from Hyundai for this particular model?
To be honest, I think SX version is more VFM car compared to SX(O). There is no doubt that, the extra airbags add more safety to the car. On the other hand Chrome Door Handles, Keyless entry and Start/Stop Button is adding more elegance but all these increases the on road price by 2 lac which I don't find a good deal. If, Hyundai would have added Sun roof in SX(O) it would have been a deal maker for me.

Congrats Amit. Have good times with your ride.

One more verna. I guess verna would be the fastest added car here on TAI
Thanks a lot. I too think the most number of ownership thread in TAI is of Hyundai Verna only.

Congrats on the new Verna . So actually how much was your waiting perioud . I have a White Crdi SX and i waited 4.5 months for it . What was the total onroad price in west Bengal , as far as i can remember i paid around 10.7 lackhs which included extra warranty and better insurance etc .
Thanks a lot, Rohan. The waiting period that was quoted by the dealer was 3-6 months. I booked the car on 23rd October 2011 and the car left the factory on 28th of January 2012 . It reached Kolkata on 7th of February 2012 but due to work pressure, I couldn't take the delivery of the car. I took the delivery on 1st March 2012. So, basically the car was ready to deliver within 3 months of booking and S.E sticked to his promise of trying to deliver it within 3 months of booking.

Ex- Showroom Price = 9,58,254
Insurance = 32,258 (Normal) & 39,251 (0% Depreciation)
Registration and Tax = 44,500
Total = 10,42,005
I took my own insurance from HDFC bank. I got a 0% Depreciation insurance for 32,000 for which the dealer was charging 39,251. Still haven't taken the extended warranty which I think cost approximately 15k. Will get it when I send my car for the 2nd service.

Many congrats Amit. The verna is always stunner. What i like about your verna is leather seats and leather covered wrapped steering wheel. Please tell me whether it is original leather or artificial leather. How much does it cost to you? Whether it is branded ot made as per your requirement.
Thanks a lot sandy. The seat cover is not original leather but leatherette done by Glix, and the brand is Dolphin it costed me 12k. I too really liked the fit and finish, which I think is almost like same that of SX(O). When I went to Glix workshop at Salt Lake I thought of going for G-Spot which also cost the same but they didn't have that in full beige it was dual toned, which I didn't like much. The only problem that I am facing with these seat covers is keeping them clean. No matter how often u clean it still look dirty after couple of days.

The steering wheel cover is also done by them only and costed me Rs 800.

Congratulations Amit and welcome to the Verna club!!
Thanks a lot Aristo, appreciate it.

Congrats for your Verna Amit, that was a well written review and in the photos, your verna is beautiful. Is that an aftermarket steering cover?

Please do share also about maintenance/service since you have touched 5k kms.
Thanks a lot Vishwas, glad to know that you liked my thread. Yes the steering cover is an after market. I wanted to go for steering wheel cover like that on SX(O). It is one of the few area, where I think Hyundai did a cost cutting on the SX model.

Even though the steering wheel doesn't have the feel and grip of the upper SX(O) model but it does it job pretty nicely and looks pretty elegant too. Really hate those big fat cheap steering wheel covers takes away all the class from the car.

I will be writing about my experience about the car in couple of days. I thought I will write it on the weekends but couldn't as I wanted to drive the car on Highway as I never drove it on NH. So the past weekend I covered some 100 km on NH6 went to Ulubeia to have a feel about the car on high speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Yes, the number plate is my actual HSRP, forgot to edit the number before posting the pics.
No worries. Done. :smile:

The seat cover was bought by Glix Kolkata. In fact, I was planing to go for real leather seat covers from Stanley Boutique but they quoted me a bomb and I didn't want to spend so much just on the seat covers. So, I settled for the leatherette seat cover. The Brand is called Dolphin and costed me Rs. 12,000 and I am pretty satisfied with it. The fitting is tightly done by Glix. The only problem I face is keeping the seat covers clean. Its like dirt magnet.
A similar design is also available with Autoform (U-Emperor). I think it would cost less than Rs.8,000.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks a lot, and wish you the same for your car. The average F.E that I am getting in bumper to bumper traffic is 12 km/l. Initially, I was getting 15 km/l till 1000 km but that time I wasn't doing any spirited driving either. When I change gear with gear change indicator, the MID shows 13 - 14 km/l.

I personally think the car is actually very sensitive to the quality of the fuel we put. Like I generally refill from a HP owned petrol pump which is on the way to my work and the average F.E I get is 12 - 13 km/l, tested from tankful to tankful method (MID showing 14 km/l). While couple of times, I refilled from a normal BP Pump and my average dropped to 9.5 km/l.
Is that not pretty less for a CRDI? I thought only petrol ones had FE issues. [frustration]

Thread Starter #19
No worries. Done. :smile:

A similar design is also available with Autoform (U-Emperor). I think it would cost less than Rs.8,000.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Oops !!! I didn't see Autoform while selecting the seat covers. I just told him G-Spot Europa, which I didn't like much and went for Dolphin. My mistake could have saved some bucks there. [frustration]

Is that not pretty less for a CRDI? I thought only petrol ones had FE issues. [frustration]
I think Hyundai always had some problem with FE. When it comes to mileage I think Maruti Suzuki cars are pretty ahead of Hyundai, but to be true I am ok with the mileage I am getting from my car. 12 -13 km/l in peak Kolkata traffic isn't that bad I guess.

Top Bottom