Hyundai Verna Sticky Dashboard Problem

Re: Hyundai Verna Dashboard Paint is Getting Removed

Hi All,

I'm here for the same issue. My Verna has done 54000 kms Model 2007. Hardly do i stop in the sun, even then the Dashboard looks very weird. Its a kind of embarrassing situation after buying a car worth so much.

Have just mailed Customer Care Hyundai rgdg it. Lets see what steps are being taken.

Guys Let me know if there is way out of this issue.

Manoj.s.r
Coimbatore

Last edited:
Thread Starter #77
Re: Hyundai Verna Dashboard Paint is Getting Removed

Sorry for the late, late reply @ ireynoldg,noeldomi and manoj9002. So, did you guys get any reply from Hyundai apart from replacing your dash board paying about 13k.

Old Hyundai Verna Sticky Dashboard

Hi I have a 2007 model old verna . From past few months the top layer of dashboard has become sticky and paint/ material is coming off. I have read in this forum of a similar cases. Is this a manufacturing defect. What can I do about it a new dashboard costs 18000k. showed my car to service centre they have no answer for it.

Re: Old Verna 2007 sticky dashboard

i came across a similar case in a know service station. That too was a 2007 manufactured Verna. From H.A.S.S there is no solution.

What my mechanic did is cleaned the dashboard and painted back to the original color.

Wow!!

This is suprising!

I dont believe it to be a manufacturing defect. It should be the word mistakenly told by SA.

If any car is standing in direct sunlight always, the chances are on higher side.

I beleive writing up even to the top levels will not work in this case.
Disagree,direct sunlight's fades the color of the dash board it do not melt the dash board.
This is a manufacturing defect for sure,so he has all his right to claim.

@ALL.

Ask for a report from the dealer(you have the right to get it) stating that nothing can be done on this issue since this is due to the manufacturing defect and the dealer cannot issue a warranty replacement as the 2 year warranty period expired.
Then attach this report and send it to Hundai.

And do remind the Hundai on your Email of the consumer court, as you have no other options.
Good luck Bro's having these prob's , it worked for me many times and i hope it works for you too.

Last edited:
Mr BOSS,
Can you give details as to how the stickiness was removed? What cleaning agent was used? or was the complete top layer scrapped off before painting? Details of primer used and cost involved[confused]?

Last edited:
Same problem - got solved with elbow grease and Mr Muscle (commercial cleaner found in most general stores) Doing good now after one year - just needed a single application over the affected area and a couple of hours in the sun to dry. Need to be careful of letting the fluid flow into the AC vents or splash on the ICE / Instrument panel

Regs
Abhishek

Top Bottom