Hyundai Verna Sticky Dashboard Problem

350Z

Core Team
Shaded tint on windshield can cause obstruction in view during night, though transparent heat rejection films are also available in market but they are pricey, Around 10k. So, It's advisable to use Windshield shade which is cheap and effective. Purchase it once the dashboard issue is rectified.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

First let surender try with contacting seniors in Hyundai and then decide what could be the problem.
Personally i don't believe this is related to sun-light heat. So many cars are standing in sun whole day and i never heard this to be normal issue.
I firmly believe its manufacturing defect.

Typically, darker shades of the Instrument panel and other parts are in-mould colouring, and the same does not have problems similar to what you have mentioned.
Some lighter shades, especially if the base variant is in a darker shade of interiors are done with a painting process.
The paint process is subject to testing, and it is not acceptable at all that this kind of problem should occur.
My sincere advice to you is to accept no compromise from the dealer / manufacturer.
But unless it was a batch issue or something like that, this could re-occur in the replacement also. Insist that the replacement is also guaranteed against similar failure.

With no sun film and screen the dash should be in perfect. Even the metallic paint should fade only after 7 long years if the car have not seen a bit of shade in its life.

it was like that long before the meet. i myself have tried with my hands on them. its like rubber. Then i checked dhaya's verna too when he came for sub fixation and it was absolutely perfect. then i though it may be difference in version , so difference in material.

so , parking in sun , driving in sun is not the blame.

i can accept fading , but melting[frustration]
This is a strange behavior from Hyundai , they are know for the best customer service.

Oh then what after Ilango has said it must surely be a manufacturing defect only.

Now Hyundai must accept the blame and not keep on pointing their fingers to something else. Hope they respond to his mails soon and he gets things done for free.

Thread Starter #21
Today,i received mail stating,
Dear Customer,
This has reference to your mail regarding your Hyundai vehicle.
Please note that we are in receipt of your e-mail, we shall be advising our concerned Regional Office to coordinate with our dealer to arrange for necessary action to address your concern. You shall be hearing from our Dealer / Area Office within 3 working days. Please bear with us till such time.

In case you are not contacted within 3 working days, you may contact our Regional Offices from Monday to Friday between 8 am till 6 pm at:-

HMIL North Regional Office Service Support
Ms. Neetu 0172-6605000
Sales Support
Ms. Harpreet 0172-6605029

HMIL South Regional Office Service Support
Ms. Latha 044-42204623
Sales Support
Mr. Sivakumar 044-42204674

HMIL Central Regional Office Service Support
Ms. Jayshree 011-66241100
Sales Support Ms.Aparna 011-66241100
HMIL West Regional Office Service Support
Mr. Swapna 022-40969028
Sales Support
Ms. Juanita 022-40969035

HMIL East Regional Office Service Support
Mr. Chaitanya 033-40060047
Sales Support
Ms. Subhadra 033-40060047
For any queries/complaints on product and service you may also reach us at our 24X7 Customer Care Toll Free Number: 1800-11-4645 (From MTNL/BSNL) or 9873564645 from others.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best possible services at all times.
Regards.
Customer Relations
Hyundai Motor India Ltd.

But,the number 9873564645 is switched off always or the pre-recorded voice says to wait till the customer care executive gets connected to your line.I waited for ten minutes on the line,still no reply.
As per this mail,I will have to wait for 3 days.

These are normally automated message.

Wait for 1-2 days and then contact -
HMIL South Regional Office Service Support
Ms. Latha 044-42204623

Hmmm wait for 3 days. If you don get any response then call the number which RSM suggested!

BTW you still din take a picture of the dash??

I am shocked to see such a kind of issue. Anyways hope hyundaiguys get back to you in three days.

Hmmm i can see the paint coming off!! Seems like your dash is in pretty bad condition!! Maybe me and Zinam will have a closer look at it when we visit Pondicherry!

Hey!

you are peeling off the skin like a fruit!!

Man, this is worse, Even our maruti stands in hot Sun all days, it will have lot of cracks but will not peel off like this!!

I now doubt it can be manufacturing defect[thinking]

Top Bottom