Hyundai Verna Fluidic Technical Issues & Solutions

Thanks for your reply.The sound doesnt increases on acceleration in idle.It only occurs in rpm below 1200.Their is problem with steering rack.Is that can be the cause?
A worn out/misaligned bush in steering column may cause humming noise. But most of time it's due to bearing or compressor or dirt/grime in blower fan.

Rear suspension noise present. Is arc suspensions good for fluidic verna? The cost is around 12500/-
You mean leaf spring or Arc gas suspension ?
I have seen both being used on off-road vehicles, never on a sedan.

2013 Fluidic Verna few Technical issues

Hi there,

I'm a old member in this forum since 2013 but now a days couldnt be active due to work and other things. My 2013 Fluidic verna Petrol now a days giving few issues, I'm describing them below.

1# As its 4year old the stock battery sometime drained and I had to push start the car, so replaced with a Amaron battery with same watt volt etc. But just after the new battery the power steering started giving issues, not sure if the have any connection with this issue and new battery. Normally the power steering working fine but if it turn it to most edge left or right its started some grinding feeling, I can feel the vibration in hand and then power steering failed and started working after a turn to opposite side. Same for left and right. And when this happens no EPS warning, EPS light doesnt came on.

2# The right window only auto fold not working, is it motor failed? Is there have any fuse to check?

3# The distance warning signal at rear bumper isnt working, is there have any fuse to check? please advice. Thanks

Re: 2013 Fluidic Verna few Technical issues

#1 Issue is with EPS +Steering assembly +Tie rod (Check all the three)
#2 Is it mirror not folding or window ,it's not clear in what you typed.If its mirror (One side isn't folding),it is with the coupler (An electric device which controls the fold in and out).If its with window ,then check with power window winding setup or the motor.
#3 Did it get any impact (Hit or something),as its stock sensor ,i am not sure of its wiring .
If its in series - Then all the sensor might have konked off
If individually powered,only one might be in trouble.
Replacement you have to contact ASS.

Re: 2013 Fluidic Verna few Technical issues

Hi there,

I'm a old member in this forum since 2013 but now a days couldnt be active due to work and other things. My 2013 Fluidic verna Petrol now a days giving few issues, I'm describing them below.
For starters, scan the ecu using an OBD tool and clear all stored faults codes. The low voltage from the older battery tends to mess up most sensors working on specific voltages. Happened with me.
Check the fuse box for blown fuses.

1. First, dont turn your steering to the extreme ends and keep them there for long. It tends to overwork the motor. Take the car to the service station and ask them to check the motor pinion grease. That tends to dry up sometimes, making the steering feel different. Using your VIN, check your eligibility for the recent TSB.
2. Does it work using the door switch ? Try cleaning the small recess under the mirror, around which the mirror rotates. Use some degreasing agent.
3. There are 4 rear sensors i believe plus the camera. Which particular sensor is not working. Are they clean and not blocked by anything(like sticker)?

#1 Issue is with EPS +Steering assembly +Tie rod (Check all the three)
#2 Is it mirror not folding or window ,it's not clear in what you typed.If its mirror (One side isn't folding),it is with the coupler (An electric device which controls the fold in and out).If its with window ,then check with power window winding setup or the motor.
#3 Did it get any impact (Hit or something),as its stock sensor ,i am not sure of its wiring .
If its in series - Then all the sensor might have konked off
If individually powered,only one might be in trouble.
Replacement you have to contact ASS.
1# Later I research and found many Hundai car have this issue started and its due to the Power steering motor bearing.

2# Sorry my bad, yes it the right rear view mirror.

3# No, no impact not even scratches, very well maintained car. Yes I will take it to the service center soon.

For starters, scan the ecu using an OBD tool and clear all stored faults codes. The low voltage from the older battery tends to mess up most sensors working on specific voltages. Happened with me.
Check the fuse box for blown fuses.

1. First, dont turn your steering to the extreme ends and keep them there for long. It tends to overwork the motor. Take the car to the service station and ask them to check the motor pinion grease. That tends to dry up sometimes, making the steering feel different. Using your VIN, check your eligibility for the recent TSB.
2. Does it work using the door switch ? Try cleaning the small recess under the mirror, around which the mirror rotates. Use some degreasing agent.
3. There are 4 rear sensors i believe plus the camera. Which particular sensor is not working. Are they clean and not blocked by anything(like sticker)?
1# Ok thanks I will try that, I too think just bearing faults and may be require lubricants.

2# Yes it works by the door switch and left one working fine, rotating the right one feels like nothing inside it, its moving freely.

3# Yes camera working fine and it was not blocked by anything, just one day noticed its not working, not sure when it was started and since some time only my driver was driving it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI all, I'm using 2014 Hyundai verna Fluidic 1.6 SX (o) Diesel Variant. My car came with projector headlamps. All these 3 years I managed with this worst headlamps as I don't drive much in evenings. Now that I started driving in Nights in highways i couldn't drive at all with this poor light quality of the projectors lamps. It has very poor brightness. And if i drive in rain the visibility is absolute zero and I almost made an accident. My query is
1. Can I improve the brightness of existing Projector lamp
2. If I want to change this projector lamp which one should I opt for?

Another issue I'm facing is Tight clutch. Car odometer is 64k. Should I change the Clutch plate? The SA told that not to change it until 100k kms. I'm getting knee pain due to the hard clutch.
So please find me a solution for the issues I'm facing.

HI all, I'm using 2014 Hyundai verna Fluidic 1.6 SX (o) Diesel Variant. My car came with projector headlamps. All these 3 years I managed with this worst headlamps as I don't drive much in evenings. Now that I started driving in Nights in highways i couldn't drive at all with this poor light quality of the projectors lamps. It has very poor brightness. And if i drive in rain the visibility is absolute zero and I almost made an accident. My query is
1. Can I improve the brightness of existing Projector lamp
2. If I want to change this projector lamp which one should I opt for?

Another issue I'm facing is Tight clutch. Car odometer is 64k. Should I change the Clutch plate? The SA told that not to change it until 100k kms. I'm getting knee pain due to the hard clutch.
So please find me a solution for the issues I'm facing.
Replacing the whole projector assemble will be costly, better you go for HID kit for more light. And always use lower stock fog lamp for more light. Mine is a 2013 without projector system but it gives enough light to drive in night and rain, no issues so far.

Its clutch is hydraulic in both side and it shouldnt be hard even if the clutch spring is tight, then you have some issues in hydraulic system, check for clutch lube, if low then use break oil, if still remain same then replacing the both hydraulics in clutch system would cost you around 8k. I had one failed and leaking, the service guy replace both at that cost.

Replacing the whole projector assemble will be costly, better you go for HID kit for more light. And always use lower stock fog lamp for more light. Mine is a 2013 without projector system but it gives enough light to drive in night and rain, no issues so far.

Its clutch is hydraulic in both side and it shouldnt be hard even if the clutch spring is tight, then you have some issues in hydraulic system, check for clutch lube, if low then use break oil, if still remain same then replacing the both hydraulics in clutch system would cost you around 8k. I had one failed and leaking, the service guy replace both at that cost.
Can we add HID kit to existing projector Lamp setup? How much does it cost?
And Clutch problem i ll check with the SA again

Can we add HID kit to existing projector Lamp setup? How much does it cost?
And Clutch problem i ll check with the SA again
Yes you can put HID kit in any model. It will be costly and dont know the price, check on online store. But before doing that you can try more bright after market bulbs.

Hi. I have recently purchased a Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX. It has clocked 57200kms already. I test drove the vehicle and it was well maintained. I brought the car home and next day went for a drive with my family. I got stuck in a bad traffic jam and the gears started giving issues. They refused to change. It was a rather embarrassing and worrisome incident. I had to put the engine off and shift it to first gear and park it on the side for a while. I took it to the company showroom and the advisor said nothing seems wrong but the clutch is a bit hard and will have to replaced after a while. I still face the same issue of gear shifting after driving the car for 20kms. Can anyone please guide me as to what is wrong?
Best Regards,
Ishan

Hi. I have recently purchased a Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX. It has clocked 57200kms already. I test drove the vehicle and it was well maintained. I brought the car home and next day went for a drive with my family. I got stuck in a bad traffic jam and the gears started giving issues. They refused to change. It was a rather embarrassing and worrisome incident. I had to put the engine off and shift it to first gear and park it on the side for a while. I took it to the company showroom and the advisor said nothing seems wrong but the clutch is a bit hard and will have to replaced after a while. I still face the same issue of gear shifting after driving the car for 20kms. Can anyone please guide me as to what is wrong?
Best Regards,
Ishan
This is a very easy fix which i have done for my pre-owned verna, you can follow the steps as below :

1. Get the Master cylinder changed and ask them for new version Master Cylinder not the old one, the new one released as of 2014 has a modified unit which addresses the gear issues.
Cost : 4555/-

2. Get the slave cylinder also changed cost: 3600/-

3. Next get the gear oil changed and get them bled properly. 200 bucks max.

This will address the issue your having...

Hello friends,
My free servicing are done and now I’ve to do small servicing by myself or by any other mechanic. So its time to change the engine oil and I’m bit confused as the user manual details are not clear to me. I’m very confused with it. So my questions are below:

1# What is grade I should choose? As far as I understand the manual says 5w20 is good for mileage?
2# what is the exact quantity require (in Liter) for the 1.6 Petrol engine? With the oil filter change and without the oil filter change?
3# My car hardly ran around 2k km after the last oil change, so it it really necessary to change the oil filter? Of is it fine if I change the oil filter in my next oil change. In last servicing the replace the oil filter.
4# I always prefer Castrol, still if anyone have any other brand advice which performs best.
5# I saw Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5W-30 Full Synthetic Engine Oil, but does Full Synthetic will be good for it? As few people advice to go for mineral oils.
I’ve good experience and knowledge servicing bikes and superbikes which I all do myself but never worked in a car so far.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Get 5w30 , 3.3 liters. Get the oil filter changed regardless of kms run. Doesn't cost more than 100rs.

With your running go with normal mineral oil. Don't waste money on semi synthetic or fully synthetic oil. You can go for castrol or Mobil 1. Check here for more details Oil & Consumables

Two questions I wanted to ask.
How much time since your last running ?
How many kilometers ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom