Hyundai Verna Fluidic Steering Issue

Thread Starter #31
Will wait for sometime before replacing. Had it checked at HASS, and they said I can safely use the car in this condition. My steering makes “krrr” noise when turning mostly when standstill or in very slow speed.
Actually I had decided same, to wait for sometime as I also had just low noise. I had taken it to HASS on 18th June , they had told me not to worry about, and its absolutely safe to drive and nothing will happen, even if it fails then steering will be little heavier, but in just two weeks unaccepted happened, I was trying to take it out of parking, I was unable to take turn, and now I see I can't drive it anymore [anger].

Scary. I have been driving for more than 1000 kms now and its been 2 months. Seems something to be worry about. Will check with HASS and change the motor.

Thread Starter #34
Steering column issue in Hyundai's are a known issue.Even after changing the entire Assy. it won't last .Its a matter of their design.
I had plans of buying Creta but after going through this headache again and again I don't want to go for any Hyundai vehicle.

I had the issue crop up second time after 2 years. But initially I was worried and later I left it as it is. Now I don't hear the grinding noise anymore. Also showed the HASS and they told to ignore as it won't cause any failure. 3 years since and I don't find any issue.

Thread Starter #38
Just my observation, I see this issue occurred everytime during Monsoon. So is it somehow related to moisture? Also, should I Ignore it for sometime to see if it disappears automatically?[confused]s

Own a 2014 Verna. The issue has crept up for the second time recently. Last time was in 2016. They keep saying it is due to non usage of the car. My car has run 60k in about 6 years now and I think its been used well enough. They are asking 8k for the motor replacement. Last time it was around the same price. I asked them if this a common occurrence and they said it was very rare and that 1 in 100 cars have an issue like this. Apparently it's a well known issue, I now have come to realize.

Salutations, team.

I own a Verna Fluidic 2012 automatic which has crossed 115000kms. For the past few months, it has been observed that the steering makes a rattling noise on small potholes and I can feel the steering vibration from the joint assy. So I took the vehicle to the service station near by where they removed the steering rack and changed the bush and bearing and re-installed it. We encountered the same issue with a slight rattling noise while testing the car after it had been repaired. mechanic says they have done all the work on the rack and tells me to replace the entire steering column, which costs Rs. 28000/-. My question is, when I touch the steering column joint assembly on my feet, I feel vibration a lot when driving on bad roads. I have attached a photo with this where I can feel the vibration. so kindly advise me . iam from Chennai so if any good mechanic around me you can suggest

thnaking you

Attachments

How did they diagnose that as Rack?
Most service centres do trial and error, sometimes the column is the culprit they change the rack, and vice versa!
The service advisor took the test ride and discovered that the rack and column were making noise. after changing the rack, the issue still exists.

do i have to change the column joint assy . as i can feel the vibration only from this part.

1656575565418.jpeg

Dear All,
I am a senior citizen, pls help as the issue started on my Verna Fluidic 2012 Diesel,
the steering used to give a noise when turning on stationary roads, then the problem aggravated to Hard Steering but there was sound also.
Now no sound but very hard with EPS LIGHT constantly on..
Do I need to change EPS Motor or Control Module as HASS confuses more.

Top Bottom