Hyundai Verna Fluidic Steering Issue

you are right. the new pat is also same. if the replaced part failed before 10000kms or 6months (which ever is earlier) they company will replace it under parts warranty.
other wise customer fait.
[surprise]That's something unexpected.

mr,bosss if you are ok to reply, may i know in which automotive company's R&D department you are working with???
Check your PM

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@vishnu - i get tak tak noise everytime my i10 goes over a pothole. I guess it's steering rattle issue , can you confirm it and do you know the solution ? 2009 may model

Also in my verna there's tak noise once when i turn the steering full right or left when the car is stationary. Same steering rattle ? 2012 feb model.

@vishnu - i get tak tak noise everytime my i10 goes over a pothole. I guess it's steering rattle issue , can you confirm it and do you know the solution ? 2009 may model

Also in my verna there's tak noise once when i turn the steering full right or left when the car is stationary. Same steering rattle ? 2012 feb model.
I suspect the replacement of steering dampner will arrst your problem. at the time of replacing damper tell the service people to replace rack bushes also.

My car is also added to this league, the infamous steering issue. My car is run 7500 KMs (17 months old) but from 1st month itself, I have noticed, the steering getting tighter and heavier. But recently I started to hear "krr krr" sound when rotating the steering during stationary. Steering feels heavy. Took the car to Trident Hyundai, KR Puram Service center last Saturday (10-Jan). They kept the car for whole day just to record a video and send it to Hyundai Motors to confirm. Seems it's a known issue and they are not very vocal about it before public. They confirmed today that they will replace the parts (Control Module and MDPS....that's what service person told but didn't confirm which parts exactly) under warranty. I need to give the car for the change once they have the parts.

Thanks to this thread, I was able to detect the issue.

My friend's Santro Xing had developed this problem+ an additional trouble,driver seat bay was moist with Oil(later found to be power steering fluid),As Power steering fluid was too low,we went to Hilton Showroom,Trivandrum,they had advised to Replace the full set 22k(It was actually a mediocre issue with oil seal broken and fluid to be topped up,if Steering rod was lose it may shell about 3k),hence about 10 K was reasonable.
He filled the oil,and replaced the seal,no sound or damping of driver bay.

In a 1.5 years old verna (petrol) there is a noise in steering column. Its very low, sort of like grinding sound, easily audible when car is not moving and steering is rotated. Its heard in cabin only. Also I feel steering is bit heavy while driving.

Car is rarely used, not even done 3000km. Dealer/technician says the problem might be in bearing, he says root cause is that the car is not used much.

So can this happen due to non-usage of car?
Also what are your thoughts, what could be the reason for noise?

I believe this should be rectified under warranty, right?
Verna Has EPS SET right?
Hence does it need Power steering fluid ?

[surprise]That's something unexpected.

Check your PM
What was the PM?
[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Private Message.
TWO lines below your name / handle and just above "Quick Links" [;)]
Click there.

PS 1: I got a Global Invite for Oneplus One. Did all sorts of clicking on Oneplus website and wasted the invite. Its good to know I am not alone in things like this.

PS 2: I believed, he has sent you a PM with something in it. On 2nd thought, it appears to be a blank PM. If that is the case I'm extremely sorry and I'll eat my words on 30th Feb.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
My car is also added to this league, the infamous steering issue. My car is run 7500 KMs (17 months old) but from 1st month itself, I have noticed, the steering getting tighter and heavier. But recently I started to hear "krr krr" sound when rotating the steering during stationary. Steering feels heavy. Took the car to Trident Hyundai, KR Puram Service center last Saturday (10-Jan). They kept the car for whole day just to record a video and send it to Hyundai Motors to confirm. Seems it's a known issue and they are not very vocal about it before public. They confirmed today that they will replace the parts (Control Module and MDPS....that's what service person told but didn't confirm which parts exactly) under warranty. I need to give the car for the change once they have the parts.

Thanks to this thread, I was able to detect the issue.
Thanks for sharing the info, please let us know in detail how your issue was rectified. [thumbswink]

My Steering problem was fixed. The motor was replaced within warranty. I still to collect the bill. But what I remember it was around INR 4500 and some thing else was INR 500 (from what I saw on ASS service person's computer monitor). I couldn't collect the bill that day as in a hurry. Now the steering feels little smooth with no "krrr krrr" sound. Will upload the bill once I get it. I didn't pay a penny from my pocket.

Overall experience was good. The car was kept for two days at Trident Hyundai, K R Puram.

Last edited:
My cousins ford figo had a minor but crucial problem,the steering got locked,my cousin switched off the vehicle and restarted,the problem got resolved.It was taken to Kairali ford,where they reported to be sensor issue,as my cousin had worked there for 3 months,he knows most of the staff there and he has full access to all points within the centre.As the complaint was 2nd time reported,nothing was charged,just workshop consummable charge of 100 rs.

Hence the message is EPS can also have errors.

Thread Starter #25
My Steering problem was fixed. The motor was replaced within warranty. I still to collect the bill. But what I remember it was around INR 4500 and some thing else was INR 500 (from what I saw on ASS service person's computer monitor). I couldn't collect the bill that day as in a hurry. Now the steering feels little smooth with no "krrr krrr" sound. Will upload the bill once I get it. I didn't pay a penny from my pocket.

Overall experience was good. The car was kept for two days at Trident Hyundai, K R Puram.
Thanks for the update, if you could post the exact parts /number it will be of great help. I'm planning to visit ASS for the same issue in couple of days.

Thread Starter #26
Finally I managed to take my Verna in showroom to rectify this issue. Initially SA told steering looks ok, its not very hard and sound is not much etc etc. But I told let's diagnose why even there is small amount of noise. Then after taking 3-4 trials by different people they concluded motor needs to be changed and accordingly motor was changed under warranty.

Now there is no noise and it feel much better :)

Thank you guys for the important updates and suggestions in fixing this issue. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
Hi guys,

Unfortunately, this issue came back again after a year, I hear exactly the same sound again. Last time they had fixed by replacing the motor.
What should I do now? Car is still under warranty and they might replace the motor but is this correct procedure? May be root cause is something else ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Hi friends,

In 2018 the problem is again repeated, again they say motor needs to be replaced. So far it is replaced two times, and the car is just 5 years old.

I'll be replacing it now for the third time, I'm very disappointed with this issue.
Is this motor so fragile? just 1.5 years life?

My worry is what if this continues again and again.

I want to write to Hyundai about it, any idea where should I send email?

Thanks

Same for me. This is 2nd time the issue has cropped up for me. But I have decided not to fix it as its just the sound that bothers me. apart from that everything works fine. Will wait for sometime before replacing. Had it checked at HASS, and they said I can safely use the car in this condition. My steering makes “krrr” noise when turning mostly when standstill or in very slow speed.

Top Bottom