Hyundai Verna Fluidic or New Ford Fiesta?

Well having extensively driven both Verna's and Fiesta's (older versions) these cars are completely opposite to each other, they have different DNA's.

On paper Hyundai win hands down but on road things are different. Verna does 90% of things right and lets say Fiesta does 10% of things correctly. But for some those 90% might be redundant and some can strike chords with 10%. That's how I said that DNA's are all different. Lets have a step by step approach to the discussion-

Looks -
Verna - Fluidic design with muscles flowing through. One of the best looking car in and above its segment. Well looks could be perspective but 9/10 people will like the looks. So -
9 out of 10
Fiesta_ Now here comes the confused psychology. Rear, front does not look like parts of same car. Side profle is as good if not better than Verna. Fron nose is bit too sharp for my liking so, but anyways not a bad looking car. -
7.5 out of 10

Interiors
Verna - Good, decent and great stuff from Hyundai, but why so inconsiderate towards rear passenger. those claustrophic mirrors and low stance seating makes you feel kid trying to look out of window. Otherwise great fully loaded quality material. A trademark of hyundai be it Eon or Verna. So-
8.5 out of 10
Fiesta - Did I say crampe?, not sure why Ford favors driver so much that they tend to forget about rear passengers. They can also do away with bit more space.
7 out of 10

Gadgets & Features
Verna Fully loaded and so do Fiesta with Cruze control and voice controls. I love the voice control and cruze feature so Fiesta gets 9/10 and Verna 8.5/10

Engine
Verna any day with 260 NM of Torque and 126 BHP for a diesel. Fiesta not much behind but cannot match Fiesta on straight line with 90 BHP and 204 NM of Torque, but do we always drive straight [:D]
So, Verna - 9/10 on engine against 7.5/10 for Fiesta.

Handling and Ride quality
Now here we can see tables turning. With Verna ride becomes bumpy, tail swiging above 80kmph, well not acceptable. Steering do weighs up and ride is certainly an improvement over previous gen Verna, but still a long ay to go for Verna.
On the other hand Fiesta cuts through corners like knife in butter, feel planted at high speeds. Steering feels in complete control although pure hydraulic was an enthusiasts favorite, this with EPS is also pretty good.
So ride and handling - Fiesta 9.5/10 and Verna 7/10

Now conclusion, or opinion (purely mine)

Verna- More suited as a family, driven under limits. A good looking catr with all the comfort in the world. Well majority of buyers buying a 10 lac+ car fits in this category. And that why car is selling in huge numbers. your wife will love it, your kids will like it and your parents will feel proud. VFM upto an extent.

Fiesta- Suited for people who really care for what i being driven, it's the car or the driver. Who enjoy driving and does not care about everything else, I suggest go for classic 1.6 SXI. This new Fiesta with standardize petrol1.5 Lit engine is something medicore effort by the company. It cannot be a chauffer driven car due to cramped space at the back and perfomance has been compromised. 1.5 Diesel do fits the bill as a decent compromise between performance and economy but an exorbitant price of around 12 lac does not suit the pocket for most.
I again say above mentioned points are from my own experience and might differ from yours.

Regards- Maddy

Last edited:
with regards to views by maddy, rear seat comfort depends on person to person if person is tall no issues ample leg room and okish head room,some like privacy some dont, handling yes you do feel body roll when turning at a higher speed but not when lower. Do you corner at high speeds? car gets bouncy at speed over 120 if road isnt leveled well.
steering is excellent for city driving and highway i never found disconnected.

i own a fluidic verna drove it for 2800kms till now and these are my feelings, i knew the verna wasnt good at handling but went for it as it was a better vfm and these handling issues can be fixed by after market stuff. luckily hyundai is having these things fixed i have a service appointment tomorrow will elt you know how things fare

pls help me which is best

verna fluidic crdi 1.6 or new fiesta diesel

according to given below details

Verna fluidic crdi 1.6 New ford fiesta diesel
Mileage Mileage
Look and style Look and style
Road clearance Road clearance
Comfort Comfort
Maintenance cost Maintenance cost
Resale value
Resale value

Engine crdi
Engine tdci

Service and spare part cost Service and spare part cost

350Z

Core Team
Fiesta- Suited for people who really care for what i being driven, it's the car or the driver. Who enjoy driving and does not care about everything else, I suggest go for classic 1.6 SXI. This new Fiesta with standardize petrol1.5 Lit engine is something medicore effort by the company. It cannot be a chauffer driven car due to cramped space at the back and perfomance has been compromised. 1.5 Diesel do fits the bill as a decent compromise between performance and economy but an exorbitant price of around 12 lac does not suit the pocket for most.
This statement sums up all if it has to be the Fiesta. Classic 1.6 SXi is presently being offered at a stealing price and makes worth if one is purely looking for a value for money family sedan (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...counts-schemes-indian-cars-13.html#post117803). New Fiesta is also a better choice though but is focused more towards the driver with less spacious interiors for passengers (especially rear). Beige colour could have helped here to an extent.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #35
thanks a lot for the suggestions friends. I actually booked the volkswagen vento Tdi highline and i'll be taking the delivery in few days.

Do consider VW Vento.

One of my colleague in office opted for Vento after considering new Verna-fluidic & new Fiesta. He initially thought to go for Verna, just evaluated the Fiesta and finally got in love with Vento.
of course i did and decided to go for VW vento mate. [cheers]

pls help me which is best

verna fluidic crdi 1.6 or new fiesta diesel

according to given below details

dude in my opinion the new ford fiesta has an ugly lookin rear end and it has very poor road presence. The interior quality is poor and doesnt give a premium feel. The verna looks awesome but has poor dynamics. As an overall package i would suggest you to take a look at VW vento. With its newly added features, it is a very good choice. [thumbsup]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are on a tight budget then, go for Verna, however if you want a great handler and dont mind spending some more bucks, then Fiesta should be the choice. Good handler and looks smart (personal opinion).

Top Bottom