Hyundai Verna Fluidic Black SX VTVT - Experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Well its been quite sometime on this couldn't post earlier as was busy with my car [:D]. Where shall i start, well yes off course from my prev car the Swift VXI it was a worthy car did have any issues in the almost 6 years it was with me. Had only covered 32000 kms tough. Infact i wasn't thinking of a new at all but then came the vento. Actually i started looking for the vento initially didn't even had the verna shortlisted. I wanted to go in for the vento 1.6 TDI was reading rave reviews about it but then the interiors man was is old school. Also the diesel noise just made me think hold on all this for what?

Then came in the verna, the waiting period made me think do people really have soo much patience in their life's i thought we lived in a fast world with tolerance at like - 20% [;)]. Either ways i had a inclination for petrol will tell you folks in a while why it made sense to me. Took the test drive and floored the TD vehicle and man did it make sense a whole truck load of it infact after the TD i was 99.99% sure it wud be this that i need. Although to rule out that 00.01% took a TD of a AT diesel and did it make me feel like getting out of that car! Seriously didn't like it.

Came back to the showroom and took the Black color, wify's choice i have no say there [;)]. The question you all might have is why not diesel? Honestly guys i don't have a high usage max 600- 700 Kms and if i take a diesel car and calculate the extra money and the interest i would pay for the loan that was like 5 years of free petrol! Yes that was huge and at 80 rs a litre! Going for diesel didn't make sense to me also if i had it would be only a personal satisfaction of paying less at the bunks nothing more.

Post Booking Experience:

Well the actual fun started post this, i pushed the dealer to confirm date of delivery they confirmed by 25-01-2012. I was ok with that and the Sales exec was a good chap so it started of fine but then came the loan formalities i initially went to SBI for their low interest and quick pay offers but that didn't materialize so then it was finalized with HDFC.

The dealer has cleared told no free accessories except the usual thing of floor mats , mud flaps, idol and perfume. I was checking around and found that a competitive dealer was giving sunfilm and Hyundai original car cover as free. This pushed me off i spoke to the sales guy he directed me to his manager spoke to her and said :

"why is it that 2 dealers in the same city offer different things for the same car and also told her that if i go with the other dealer i get all the cool stuff and i have to wait for few days more."

In 30 mins i got a message saying they will give that and also i was charged 1000 bucks for a carpet mat which was also waived off.

Then i saw the insurance was charged at 33500! outside i cud get the same for 23k!. I told them directly i will get the insurance made and for my surprise they agreed to get it for the same amount!

Overall my On road price was reduced from 10,17,000 to 10,00,000 that's a 17k savings direct! the sales manager came back telling :

"Sir, your the only one for which we have done this for a verna!"

Its true folks there is nothing wrong in fighting for your money!

On 25th i took delivery of the beauty. Boy was the car looking good it was stunning! Pics below folks!

DSC_9687.jpg

DSC_9713.jpg

DSC_9732.jpg

DSC_9734.jpg

Engine Bay :

The keys!

congrats once again bazooka and i do hope you constantly keep adding things as time goes by, i do hope you keep loving and pampering her like you have been doing and last but not the least i honestly hope you never have any issues with the car.

nick.

Hey bobazooka, very good write up with added photos like spices. A very happy and troublefree ownership. I myself feel very proud to own this beauty. Keep posting pictures.

Average fuel economy shown is just 5.9km/l , little low i guess . Anyway , your black verna looks like a beauyt . You will need to take extra care for the black color . Do update if you plan to upgrade any accessories .

Congratulations bobazooka , Verna is looking stunning in black. Wishing you many more happy miles with the car.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys, yes keeping up with black isnt that easy. I have realized that need to get infrequent washes helps a frnd of mine said. Also black does get dirty quick but that doesn't mean u go right away and wash need to take it infrequently.

Did do a interior cleanup a short DIY for you all :

What you need :

1. Scotch Brite gloves you can get it from any store.

2. a good interior cleaner i have used STP's Tuff Stuff cost 360 bucks, you can get it from any automotive store.

3. A soft cloth i use a trimmed new jockey baniyan white inner cloth. I have made 2 separate pieces of it.

4. A brush for the carpet, i used a plain shoe brush.

Method :

1. Start of one door at a time dont want to spray across and run around do we[;)]

2. Spary the cleaner and leaves it for like 40 secs then wipe once to remove and dirt.

3. Then wipe the area clean with the jockey soft cloth.

4. Remem one to wipe and one to bring the shine. The soft is necessary as the faux wood and system look scratch prone [;)]

Pics After the clean :

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Thread Starter #8
Average fuel economy shown is just 5.9km/l , little low i guess . Anyway , your black verna looks like a beauyt . You will need to take extra care for the black color . Do update if you plan to upgrade any accessories .
Hi rohan, that was at when i took the car now im getting an average of 11.2 kmpl. Yes black needs extra care in our city conditions!

good going bazooka gad to see you also joined the diy league. btw its good you have fabric seats. my stupid art leather seats get dirty fast, like in 4 days of cleaning it, its dull and dirty. and the beige plastics get dirty even sooner

Thread Starter #11
Hi nick yes fabric is good but they also get dirty, I thought the Hyundai one was original leather. Didn't knew it was art?

haha original leather? only steering and gear shift is original rest art leather average quality that to. original leather would need less cleaning and would have a gloss to it was thinking of going in for a mid range stanley leather and few other stuffs but changed my mind after the issues.

we have 4 air bags more chrome gear stick chrome door handles smart key and push button start. so worth the one lakh rear passengers get partial safety also
so its worth it if you ask me.

btw how come you haven't taken of the seat plastic, don't you feel hot?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
yep ur rite there nick missed the other parts but they cud have given the correct leather! Well have to remove but i like to keep the new car feel for sometime ;) actually contemplating on going for a seat cover not stanley looking for something that would be good and not to pricey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom