Hyundai Verna Fluidic Automatic OR Chevrolet Cruze Automatic?

Thread Starter #16
Thanx a lot for you replies friends. I am really sorry that I forgot to mention. My dad has strictly said to go for a diesel and diesel ONLY. [cry]

Thanks Jerwin for such quick reply. you nailed it in you first sentence, money matters a lot; hence the diesel. Dad too opined the depreciation thing. Guess I should start forgetting the 2.0 ltr beast already. [evil]

May I know the variant of your verna. Do you happen to know anyone having a/t version of verna fluidic?? If yes then what are his reviews. I guess we do not have any verna a/t on TAI yet ( 4 speed box the culprit??)[confused]
Is you Verna a recent one ??
Hi Guzzler , I am using a white Verna Diesel AT delivered to me in 1st week of Jan12 about 75 days back after a wait period of 6 months (booked in june11). Completed 3500km so far . Contribute to the forum on "Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX (O) Experience" .
Great Ownership Experience so far . Diesel average 10.5 kmpl in full city run in bumper to bumper traffic in Mumbai , 14.5kmpl in 50%city and 50% Highway driving and 18kmpl in Expressway driving . Diesel Manual would be more by 20% ie 21 to 22kmpl on expressway . For City use this is the Best Diesel Automatic in India . Fantastic handling and very easy to handle steering wheel . No suspension issues so far , Just a hype from Verna haters . Hyundai seems to have stiffened the suspension post Dec i presume . Traveled with 4 people for 400 km with no problem . Big Bad Speedbreakers may trouble any car including the Verna . The car size is just right so that you dont have to fight for space and worry while finding parking in the City . The Cruze would be too big for most in the city and really troublesome for people with any ailment . The size would be unwieldy and hence would not recommend . Also the service and maintenance costs of a Hyundai are more pocket friendly with a lot more dealerships for service . There may be one closer to your home too .
The Verna Fluidic Diesel is the Best Car in the Mid range . The Automatic is even better in city . Absolute driving bliss , Very light steering , Decent average , No issues , No complaints !!
Just Go For It !! You wont Regret it !!

Thread Starter #18
Hi Guzzler , I am using a white Verna Diesel AT delivered to me in 1st week of Jan12 about 75 days back after a wait period of 6 months (booked in june11). Completed 3500km so far . Contribute to the forum on "Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX (O) Experience" .
Great Ownership Experience so far . Diesel average 10.5 kmpl in full city run in bumper to bumper traffic in Mumbai , 14.5kmpl in 50%city and 50% Highway driving and 18kmpl in Expressway driving . Diesel Manual would be more by 20% ie 21 to 22kmpl on expressway . For City use this is the Best Diesel Automatic in India . Fantastic handling and very easy to handle steering wheel . No suspension issues so far , Just a hype from Verna haters . Hyundai seems to have stiffened the suspension post Dec i presume . Traveled with 4 people for 400 km with no problem . Big Bad Speedbreakers may trouble any car including the Verna . The car size is just right so that you dont have to fight for space and worry while finding parking in the City . The Cruze would be too big for most in the city and really troublesome for people with any ailment . The size would be unwieldy and hence would not recommend . Also the service and maintenance costs of a Hyundai are more pocket friendly with a lot more dealerships for service . There may be one closer to your home too .
The Verna Fluidic Diesel is the Best Car in the Mid range . The Automatic is even better in city . Absolute driving bliss , Very light steering , Decent average , No issues , No complaints !!
Just Go For It !! You wont Regret it !!
Woohoo glad to find a verna crdi a/t guy, after an ordeal of around 6-9 months. Now few questions for you [;)]

a) your ride has had two services I guess, am I right? What are the recommended service intervals?

b) I'm a little disappointed with the fuel consumption as I was expcting it to be 13 odd. Did it increase after first service? Also what is your driving style like ?

Regards,

Woohoo glad to find a verna crdi a/t guy, after an ordeal of around 6-9 months. Now few questions for you [;)]

a) your ride has had two services I guess, am I right? What are the recommended service intervals?

b) I'm a little disappointed with the fuel consumption as I was expcting it to be 13 odd. Did it increase after first service? Also what is your driving style like ?

Regards,
Guzzler , i have completed my 1st service at 1500 km . Next service due is at 10000km which may become due in June . Thereafter the service intervals are after every 10000km . Fuel consumption is pretty normal as i travel 100% city use during the week . The Mumbai traffic is terrible and most of my drives are 1hr to 1.5 hr to travel a distance of 20 to 25km in mumbai . Its bumper to bumper traffic and the car is kept on with the aircon working for the full time in the traffic . The pleasure of the Automatic is highlighted and a big boon in this kind of traffic . Normal highway driving should give you around 14kmpl and The Expressway driving will get you around 18kmpl . The auto is also fun to drive on the highways and you can shift to the Shiftronic mode for high spirited driving and the car works almost like manual mode . All in all its been a great ownership experience so far !!

Last edited:
I will go for Hyundai Verna Fluidic Automatic rather than Chevrolet Cruze Automatic, since i have heard that cruze is not that comfortable for the rear passengers.

And Hyundai is always less on maintenance than a chevrolet. But i am not against Cruze, just my personal views (so no offense to Cruze owners)

Thread Starter #21
I will go for Hyundai Verna Fluidic Automatic rather than Chevrolet Cruze Automatic, since i have heard that cruze is not that comfortable for the rear passengers.

And Hyundai is always less on maintenance than a chevrolet. But i am not against Cruze, just my personal views (so no offense to Cruze owners)
You're right buddy. Rear legroom in cruze is pathetic for a 14.5 lacs car. My dad has booked verna crdi a/t without my say on the matter [surprise]

After reading top gun's post even I would have had suggested verna[;)]

Will be visiting my sister in USA for two months. Will take delivery on 8th august (my bday) yippee

Sleepless nights begin [:D]

Sorry to go OT!
@topgun: BTW saw one white fluidic near k-star mall after diamond garden signal at around 8:15pm with projectors white angle eyes and hids in foglamps with embossed number plates with that blue logo and the plates were mounted in brackets. Was that you? I was on the other side of the road in my DZire returning from office and heading towards sion so couodnt spot the number.[:-)]
Must say the car was looking hottt...

Last edited:
You're right buddy. Rear legroom in cruze is pathetic for a 14.5 lacs car. My dad has booked verna crdi a/t without my say on the matter

After reading top gun's post even I would have had suggested verna

Will be visiting my sister in USA for two months. Will take delivery on 8th august (my bday) yippee

Sleepless nights begin [:D]
Congrats for booking the Verna buddy. And this would be a perfect birthday gift[:)]. It's a nice car, i would buy a verna itself if i have to buy a sedan under 10L
So what part of US are you going to visit though?

Sorry to go OT!
@topgun: BTW saw one white fluidic near k-star mall after diamond garden signal at around 8:15pm with projectors white angle eyes and hids in foglamps with embossed number plates with that blue logo and the plates were mounted in brackets. Was that you? I was on the other side of the road in my DZire returning from office and heading towards sion so couodnt spot the number.[:-)]
Must say the car was looking hottt...
Gears , Yes i stay near the KStar Mall . Was parked there . I recently got the number plates changed to these embossed ones with the Blue strip on the plastic brackets so that you dont have to drill holes on the plates and they look neat too . Also the HIDs on the fogs provide great brightness ,enough for me to not use the headlamps and just keep my parking angel eyes with devils eye kept on . Adds to the pesonality of the car. Whats news on your verna . Your office is at Mahape is it ?

Thread Starter #25
I am really sorry for staying away from the topic friends. I could not go to USA as I had my final exams (over now). I am taking delivery of my car (Fluidic Verna Crdi A/T; Crystal White), within May. [:D] Just cannot wait to get myself into it.

Any idea / suggestion, if I am really liable to pay Logistics charges (Rs. 6,800) to the dealer?[anger]

Regards,

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #27
There is no real update on this matter. Dealers are still charging the amount. You can negotiate with the sales person on this matter. Show them an excerpt of official notification and news articles if it works but at last moment, I doubt about it though (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...logistic-handling-charges-not-paid-delhi.html).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hey thank you.. I spoke to the logistics head Of Hyundai in Delhi. He told that the dealers have got permission from high court (Delhi) that it is legal for them to charge for logistics. So I'll have to pay the charges, IMO it's not justified [anger]

Last edited:
HI Guys,

Its Regarding Fluidic Verna ,

1)I have heard Controlling Verna at higher speeds like above 140 Kmph,is very difficult and bad ., compared to other cars in this segment like Vento ,Fiesto & SX4.

2) Ground Clearance is too low compared to other cars ?

and The rear seats height , size is very less and it is paintaking.

I am only worried about this.

Please help Thanks in advance[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't get Altis automatic. I am assuming you prefer automatic.
Go with Hyundai (any car you like). They offer automatic in almost all models.
I would stay away from Chevy. Maintenance is heavy. Resale value not good either.

Top Bottom