Hyundai Verna Diesel or Skoda Rapid Diesel? Which is Better?

Hyundai Verna Fluidic vs Skoda Rapid Diesel

• Total voters
[thumbsup] Hey , just go ahead with the Verna. You won't go wrong with a car delivering 6000+ cars every month and 70000+ cars per year. It must have some good in it to be notching up such delivery figures every month consistently for the past 1 year now.

Drives Great , Feels Great , the features are Great. So just Enjoy a Good Car till some other really comes along. [clap][thumbsup]

I voted for Verna since it has more features then the rapid and then the other thing is A.S.S for the Skoda is not as good as Hyundai. And overall verna looks great as well.

Okay guys,if there is anything called ride and handling,high speed stability and responsive engine and ease of everywhere driving(city or highway or hills) exists on earth then its the Rapid which is the car which has got all of them better than Verna.

@TSIVipul reading your comments it shows that you don't like Verna.Its your opinion and its well and good.The Hyundai Verna is Truly A MasterClass and it is proved by its sales figures.It does have some cons but it has been rectified and fibally it is the Best Sedan below Rs.10Lakh Category.

Hyundai has come a long with in terms of its suspension, stability and handling right from the grand i10 to verna, probably the elantra? The boat like feel, unstable and all that has been rectified to quite an extent. I drive a grand i10 and its quite stable even at 150kmph. ( I dont endorse overspeeding. It was a one off on an empty stretch). As can be read in the review of the verna the suspension and handling is improving in every facelift. It's not quite there with the europeans but its not bad as you'd think. For highways speeds its just fine. You aren't planning to take your car on the track are you?

The engine, oh man the engine. Its a power house. Quickest in its class and super refined. The Hyundai crdi engines dont quite sound like a diesel engine. Quite silent and very smooth. The power delivery is quite linear. Im a petrol head but have driven crdi engine and it put a smile on my face. Good low end torgue, responsive, almost no turbo lag.

The build quality I agree is not there with the Europeans but close. Hyundai cabins do feel premium and the fit and finish very well done. Panel gaps are consistent.

Finally and most importantly, its not about just buying a car, its about keeping one and after sales service matters alot. The reality is European cars a very good in themselves but are not backed up by good after sales service and until they don't sort that out I think the chances of them gaining on the indian car market share is bleak. I would say Hyundai's after sales service is at par with maruti suzuki in terms of cost. Customer service as far as ive experienced is very good. I've got minor repairs done for free.

Cheers

P.S. I would love to own a polo GT or even a golf GTI for that matter in an ideal world but we aren't in an ideal world now are we? [;)]

Hyundai has come a long with in terms of its suspension, stability and handling right from the grand i10 to verna, probably the elantra? The boat like feel, unstable and all that has been rectified to quite an extent

As can be read in the review of the verna the suspension and handling is improving in every facelift.
Exactly, this is an important reason poll going in Skoda favour.
Ten years since its presence in the market and costing a premium of more than a million, R&D is not yet complete. Hyundais are doing business on the basis of sales chart and not the comparable quality.

It's not quite there with the europeans but its not bad as you'd think. For highways speeds its just fine. You aren't planning to take your car on the track are you?

The build quality I agree is not there with the Europeans but close. Hyundai cabins do feel premium ]
And this is one more reason.

Last edited:

Top Bottom