Hyundai Verna Diesel or Petrol? Need Urgent Help.

Thread Starter #1
this is my first post. i am planning to purchase new hyundai verna fluidic.
i am in merchant navy. i live almost 5 months out of india. so my confusion is-
my monthly running will be approx 1000 km..(when i am in india). and around 600 km when i am not in india.
so should i purchase diesel verna? price doesn't matter for me. i want to go for fludic verna 1.6 sx crdi. will i have to run it more to maintain the engine or its just the past saying?? i have heard that modern diesel engines are more refined.
and also the difference between petrol and diesel is almost 30 rs. per litre..
so am i right to go for a diesel engine if i run it 1000 km per month for almost 7 months and 600 kms per month for 5 months??

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: hyundai verna diesel or petrol? need help urgently

with that much of kilometers to be covered , don't even think of petrol [;)]

i myself has a fluidic verna petrol.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../7281-new-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html

and i'm not getting much out of petrol [anger] only 8-9 city driving. will get it checked after some time.

my yearly commute is around 8000 , and your's is 10000. and the prices just increased so now its better to go for the diesel.

and should not tak about diesel engines , because i don't have much knowledge but many members said that engines are more refined now so they are good , and you know the success of hyundai diesel verna [;)] so take the diesel.

The drive in the diesel is wayyy better. I own a petrol, the mileage it gives is horrible. Recently got a honda city 2012 and its better in every which way, except in terms of gadgets but the drive is amazing and it also feels sturdy and gives an economy of 12 in the city

this is my first post. i am planning to purchase new hyundai verna fluidic.
i am in merchant navy. i live almost 5 months out of india. so my confusion is-
my monthly running will be approx 1000 km..(when i am in india). and around 600 km when i am not in india.
so should i purchase diesel verna? price doesn't matter for me. i want to go for fludic verna 1.6 sx crdi. will i have to run it more to maintain the engine or its just the past saying?? i have heard that modern diesel engines are more refined.
and also the difference between petrol and diesel is almost 30 rs. per litre..
so am i right to go for a diesel engine if i run it 1000 km per month for almost 7 months and 600 kms per month for 5 months??
Go for diesel since your annual run comes to 10000+kms.
Have you finally decided on Verna ? Do consider other sedans such as VW Vento , SX4 etc !

Top Bottom