Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Got the car at 1812hrs from service station. Total bill was 2752 INR. The price includes Engine oil, Oil filter, Air filter, Cabin filter and Drive shaft oil seal (350 INR).

Initial Observation :
Rattling noise was gone. This was due to damaged oil seal, because of which dirt got into joint and cause that noise.

Bass is back on front right speaker.

ASC is on a highway, so it was noisy and couldn't hear fuel pump noise. When I came back home and checked, I could hear priming noise.

Engine became smooth and less noisy.

They used some crappy polish on dashboard and on leather seats. It feels like I'm slipping from seat and dash is shiny like hell, a lot of reflection on windshield. Planning to get it cleaned on weekend.
How did the boot got damaged so soon? did something hit near the CV joint?

fuel pump is not even audible in mine.. are you sure its from the fuel pump?

Guys, Today I was travelling with 5 people on board with light luggage in boot. Car scraped a hump which I used to travel before with no problem even when there were 5 people with heavy luggage. Do you think suspension is going soft ?

PS : Tyre pressure was 33 PSI.
Try inflating to 35 or 36 when you have more load on board

Hello friends,

Got myself a new 2017 Verna VTVT SX silver colored car last week. [clap]

I have been following all the posts on Verna on TAI.

I will try to make a small review with pictures soon.

Thanks,
Raghavan

Congrats.. wish you a pleasant experience and long safe miles with the car

Post few pics and the cost break up

Thread Starter #107
How did the boot got damaged so soon? did something hit near the CV joint?
I am clearly not sure, I had this issue since first service. I needed my car ASAP so didn't want to argue with them for 350INR.

fuel pump is not even audible in mine.. are you sure its from the fuel pump?
I could hear priming noise for 3secs every time I turn ignition on.

Checked the part number (21443-02501), it says
Name : Seal-Oil RR
Fitting Place : Crankshaft Drive
Height : 8mm
Fitting Position: Transmission End
Material: MVQ (Silicone Elastomer)

SA did mention to me that it was crank drive seal, I assumed it to be CV seal since I had rattling noise when I turn wheels to extreme and move. I wonder is that normal for that seal to get damaged at 10K kms ?

Thread Starter #109
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

i have the same noise present in my car as well. don't know if it's a problem or normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdddPERWj84&feature=youtu.be
Checked many forms and youtube, few says that noise is normal for hyundai engines. Some say its issue with tensioner, some say it's problem with valve lifters (miata), some says piston slap due to a coating on spun, some say ignition knock due to vtvt etc.

Owners of hyundai Elantra and Accent having this kind of noise from engine had their engines replace by hyundai (short block issue & piston slap) in 2013.

Last edited:
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (10K Kms. Second Service Update)

I did a trip to valparai and palani last weekend. The car handled awesome and the drive from Athirampalli to valparai thru dense jungle was a refreshing experience.

Got the first dent on my car. A horse cart lost control and banged on my parked car at the rear right. Bumper damaged and slightly dislodged. Tail lamp shatterred. I collected the pieces and used quick fix to put them back together. Was able to cover the hole but a close look may reveal that it was damaged. Need to get the bumper patched and painted :(

Thread Starter #111
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (10K Kms. Second Service Update)

I did a trip to valparai and palani last weekend. The car handled awesome and the drive from Athirampalli to valparai thru dense jungle was a refreshing experience.
Verna is very fun to drive, especially in ghat. Man !!!, those who complain that steering is light and sensitive must ride this car in ghats. They'll immediately fell in love with this vehicle.

Got the first dent on my car. A horse cart lost control and banged on my parked car at the rear right. Bumper damaged and slightly dislodged. Tail lamp shatterred. I collected the pieces and used quick fix to put them back together. Was able to cover the hole but a close look may reveal that it was damaged. Need to get the bumper patched and painted :(
Sorry to hear about your incident, Things like that happens to our beloved ride. Only thing we can do is to curse the cause and move on.

There are some products called Lens repair kit. Even 3M & wurth has it, check once whether they get you job done. If bumper is not damaged extensively, I suggest you to fix it when your insurance renewal date is nearby.

Last edited:

Bumper has a thin layer removed on the top just below the tail lamp. The quoter from service center is 1500 before tax for patching and painting. Tail lamp is fine as of now as i was able to glue the broken pieces together.. A new assembly costs 2000. If i claim insurance, claim charge will be around 1500 and i will lose 50% NCB for the next renewal.

Its better to pay from my pocket than claiming for something around 3-4k..

Last edited:

I did a trip to valparai and palani last weekend. The car handled awesome and the drive from Athirampalli to valparai thru dense jungle was a refreshing experience. (
Hi Sai.. I totally agree with you... The car handles awesome during uphill rides and specially while taking the curves.. I too recently had a similar trip .. Rode all the way from Chennai to Kottayam via Kumli and also visited the "ADAVI ECO TOURISM", the road to adavi was an experience.. through the jungle..

I had to go through the exact moment when a heavily loaded auto banged into my car and the rear right tail lamp got damaged (The auto drivers excuse - "I applied the brakes and the vehicle never stopped"[surprise]). Then I went to a local place (Pudupet) in Chennai where they usually have all spare parts. Name the vehicle and they have all the parts. A mechanic inspected the damage and then later appeared with just the tail lamp glass (no idea where he go it from).. He then removed the remaining pieces of glass left on my tail lamp and installed the one that he had after polishing. And believe me or not it looked brand new. Just cost me around 500 INR. You could try searching for something similar locally.

Attachments

Thread Starter #114

@Dithi, @sai_crdi, @allhyundaicars

I have a damaged right ORVM led gaurd. SA told me that they have to change entire right ORVM. Do you think I could get just this part only ?

Apologies for not introducing myself.. I've been a member since Dec 2016 but I can see that i'm definitely a late entry on this thread.. You guys have been sharing great updates, reviews and suggestions... I missed all that till now.

I been driving Verna 4s 1.6 VTVT(SX) for exactly an year now. Clocked 17K Kms just a week ago and the car is still as good as it was an year ago (except for a few minor stone chips on the bumper coz of the long rides).. I've had some great and memorable rides .. Multiple trips to Pondy, then a Chennai to Ooty trip and recently one to Kerala.

Just a few upgrades that i've made
- Upgraded the AVN to a Pioneer F980BT
- Got a shark-fin installed.
Rest all remains stock.

I've had two heart breaking moments
- one is the picture in my previous post when an Auto banged into the rear.
- And another when my car was parked in the open and the guy next door decided to paint his house without even asking me to move the car. I was shattered at the sight. (picture posted below). But the guys at 3M came to my rescue and that rescue did cost a bit.

Mileage observed till date
- 12-13 Kms in Chennai City traffic
- 19-20 Kms on highways (if i decide to keep it under 100) else somewhere around the 17 Km Range
- Downhill from Ooty gave me around 26 Km (i didn't forget to take a pic)

The Hyundai guys have done a fantastic job in terms of servicing. I'm done with 2 services and due for the third shortly. The car just glides even smoother than before after every Service. I've been pretty satisfied with the quality of service.

I would like some suggestions for certain modifications that I've planned to do on the car
- Upgrading the rear diffuser
- Installing the Auto folding side mirror relay so that the mirror auto folds when i lock the car. (Currently I've to use the button next to the side mirror control)

I'm glad to have joined you guys for reviews and comments on the Verna. Standing by for more updates.

Attachments

@Dithi, @sai_crdi, @allhyundaicars

I have a damaged right ORVM led gaurd. SA told me that they have to change entire right ORVM. Do you think I could get just this part only ?
I'm pretty sure that we can get the LED cover as a separate part but we might have to search a bit. If you look at the details in the link below, the indicator lamp is shown as a separate part.

Hyundai Fluidic Verna Outside Rear view Mirror RH (Driver Side)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@krishna- where on earth do you live :p as dithi said if the link shows it as a seperate part you can get it. Ask your advisor to take you to the parts room and tell him to show me the pic (the pic in the link posted by dithi should exactly be the same) tell them to order that part. Or you can ask 99rpm to deliver it to you.

@ dithi- that paint thing sucks. Seriously some people don't care about other's property.
Also what did you do with the stock avn system ?

@ dithi- that paint thing sucks. Seriously some people don't care about other's property.
Seriously!!... I still have some paint stains on the tyres.. Its difficult to get rid of them..

Also what did you do with the stock avn system ?
The stock AVN is still with me... not even used it for a day as I had the upgrade done by the dealer before delivery... They initially installed a Mega Audio AVN with which I had issues while using Bluetooth for phone calls and then they upgraded it to the Pioneer. The sales executive said that he'd let me know in case anyone who gets a base model Verna asks for an upgraded AVN ( So that he could use my stock one ).. Well, its been an year and I guess not one got a base model Verna. [roll]

I Still have it with me, safely packed along with the OEM wooden fascia.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #119

@krishna- where on earth do you live :p
In a state called Karnataka where sadly we pay more taxes and get less than anywhere in country.

Ask your advisor to take you to the parts room and tell him to show me the pic (the pic in the link posted by dithi should exactly be the same) tell them to order that part.
I did ask SA and other 3 showrooms in SBC and MYS, They all told that I'll have to buy ORVM. Since there is no other place where I can get this part I am forced to comply with Hyundai ASC. It's like some spare part extortion.

you can ask 99rpm to deliver it to you.
99rpm does not deliver hyundai parts. In fact they were sued by Hyundai for selling their spares without their permission. There is another website called "https://boodmo.com/" which seller hyundai spares but with a slightly higher price.

I am looking for spare as in 2nd's. You know, from a total loss car or stole from other car or from someone who is changing his OEM's to aftermarket.

You seems like pissed today, Bad day in office bro ?

Mileage observed till date
- 12-13 Kms in Chennai City traffic
- 19-20 Kms on highways (if i decide to keep it under 100) else somewhere around the 17 Km Range
- Downhill from Ooty gave me around 26 Km (i didn't forget to take a pic)
You sure yours is a petrol one ? [;)]. Are those MID figures or FT2FT (Full Tank 2 Full Tank)? Do share some of your tips on gaining FE

Last edited:

I had to go through the exact moment when a heavily loaded auto banged into my car and the rear right tail lamp got damaged (The auto drivers excuse - "I applied the brakes and the vehicle never stopped"[surprise]). Then I went to a local place (Pudupet) in Chennai where they usually have all spare parts. Name the vehicle and they have all the parts. A mechanic inspected the damage and then later appeared with just the tail lamp glass (no idea where he go it from).. He then removed the remaining pieces of glass left on my tail lamp and installed the one that he had after polishing. And believe me or not it looked brand new. Just cost me around 500 INR. You could try searching for something similar locally.
Am surprised and curious to know how the bumper is not touched and auto hit the tail lamp ?!! Did you fix the bumper also?

getting the cover for 500 is real cheap.. I miss being in chennai for such factors :(

Top Bottom