Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

I observed MID when using my car with ac in city it was showing as 7.3 kmpl. Got surprised and immediately went to a petrol bunk and fill up my tank. Drove for a 40kms and filled up again, mileage was found to be 7.11 kmpl with ac on in city. I live in Mysore, there is less traffic when compared with Mumbai/Bangalore.

Check 3 times over following week w/o ac in city. Avg FE was 9.89 kmpl [frustration]

During AC on, car will be in Auto CC mode with temp set at 22C. Outside will be around 32C

air filter and ac filter is clean. Shell (80%t) or indian oil (20%t) are the fuel stations i use most of the time.
Whats the air pressure on all tires? I maintain 35-37 based on road condition. My odo is 7600 and i get 15-17(always with AC on and 2 people on board) based on average speed and traffic (mostly nil as most of my drives are at night).

Slight variations on FE will be mainly due to the limit till where you fill the tank. Fill till the brim and then drive at least for 100 kms and fill till brim again to check the actual FE. Certain pumps fill little extra after the release valve clicks and you may feel the FE has lowered during your next fill as in the later fill you will be pumping few more litres of petrol.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #92
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

Whats the air pressure on all tires? I maintain 35-37 based on road condition.
i get 15-17(always with AC on and 2 people on board)
I maintain 33psi pressure.

15-17 with AC on is a great FE. [clap]

I always make sure fuel is filled till auto shut-off and not even one drop more. Since I pay using credit card petrol bunks don't care about change.

I'm getting like 8 kmpl in city and 11 kmpl in highway both with AC on.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #94

Try inflating the tires to 35 and see if that helps
Tried it, only marginal improved to 8.81 kmpl (w/AC) in city.

Probably will go for second service within may 2017. Hope it improves after changing engine oil.

My second service was done couple of days back at 9325 kms on odo.. Costed 1350 for engine oil and oil filter

whats your odo reading now and any improvement on the FE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #96

My second service was done couple of days back at 9325 kms on odo.. Costed 1350 for engine oil and oil filter. whats your odo reading now and any improvement on the FE?
Cool [glasses], 1350 INR is pretty cheap for full service. Did you have any problems before servicing ? Did they rectify it ? Was there any improvement in FE after servicing ? Any other improvements ?

My car has ~9150kms on ODO. Still no improvement in FE [cry]. Planning to give it for service by next month.

I maintain 33psi pressure.

15-17 with AC on is a great FE. [clap]

I always make sure fuel is filled till auto shut-off and not even one drop more. Since I pay using credit card petrol bunks don't care about change.

I'm getting like 8 kmpl in city and 11 kmpl in highway both with AC on.

I've not read preceeding posts, and I might be repeating here. FE improves with mild changes in your Driving style. Most times, we exert a bit more pressure on throttle and waste fuel.

Adjust your seat height / adjust the angle at which your foot contacts the petal / adjust the contact area on the pedal / try a different foot-wear (flat sole instead of heel or vice-versa) etc.

You may try changing gear according to the rpm / engine sound. Many times, up shifting early results in bit more Fuel wastage. Shift late, to ensure that the engine is within power band.

Hope these help

Cool [glasses], 1350 INR is pretty cheap for full service. Did you have any problems before servicing ? Did they rectify it ? Was there any improvement in FE after servicing ? Any other improvements ?

My car has ~9150kms on ODO. Still no improvement in FE [cry]. Planning to give it for service by next month.
I strictly told them to change only the engine oil and the oil filter. They pushed for air filter and the AC filter which i usually clean every month and felt it doesnt need replacement. I did not opt for the wheel allignment from them but got only the tires rotated and swapped the front with the rear. Else it would have touched 3.5k

Thanks
Sai

I've not read preceeding posts, and I might be repeating here. FE improves with mild changes in your Driving style. Most times, we exert a bit more pressure on throttle and waste fuel.

Adjust your seat height / adjust the angle at which your foot contacts the petal / adjust the contact area on the pedal / try a different foot-wear (flat sole instead of heel or vice-versa) etc.

You may try changing gear according to the rpm / engine sound. Many times, up shifting early results in bit more Fuel wastage. Shift late, to ensure that the engine is within power band.

Hope these help

I agree.. I always drive without footwear and ensure i upshift by 2k RPM. Will never exceed 2k RPM unless it is absolutely necessary. I used to be in the 3-3.5k rpm range only in highway drivings and in 5th gear alone.

Seating position is almost pushed 90% to the back and height is at the max as this is suitable for my height.

I never ride on clutch and use handbrakes + neutral if i need to wait in signals. If the wait is expected to be long, ignition will be off

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #99

I'm 6ft3in, only choice for me is to pushback seat to fullest [cry].

Thread Starter #101

Guys, went on a small trip to mangalore and since then mileage increase to 16.3 kmpl in highway and 12kmpl in city. Probably think low FE before was due to bad quality fuel.

Gave the car for second service (ODO 10028 km). Told SA to change engine oil, oil filter, air filter and cabin filter and clearly informed him to just do these only, If he does anything extra and I won't pay for them.

Issues I'm having :
1. Rattling noise from right side (Probably dirt in CV)
2. Suspension retorque (as usual)
3. Front right speaker feels a little low on bass.
4. Noise from fuel pump (priming noise).

SA quote me 2.5K - 3K.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #102

Got the car at 1812hrs from service station. Total bill was 2752 INR. The price includes Engine oil, Oil filter, Air filter, Cabin filter and Drive shaft oil seal (350 INR).

Initial Observation :
Rattling noise was gone. This was due to damaged oil seal, because of which dirt got into joint and cause that noise.

Bass is back on front right speaker.

ASC is on a highway, so it was noisy and couldn't hear fuel pump noise. When I came back home and checked, I could hear priming noise.

Engine became smooth and less noisy.

They used some crappy polish on dashboard and on leather seats. It feels like I'm slipping from seat and dash is shiny like hell, a lot of reflection on windshield. Planning to get it cleaned on weekend.

Thread Starter #103
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (10K Kms. Second Service Update)

Guys, Today I was travelling with 5 people on board with light luggage in boot. Car scraped a hump which I used to travel before with no problem even when there were 5 people with heavy luggage. Do you think suspension is going soft ?

PS : Tyre pressure was 33 PSI.

Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (10K Kms. Second Service Update)

Hello friends,

Got myself a new 2017 Verna VTVT SX silver colored car last week. [clap]

I have been following all the posts on Verna on TAI.

I will try to make a small review with pictures soon.

Thanks,
Raghavan

Thread Starter #105

Hello friends,
Got myself a new 2017 Verna VTVT SX silver colored car last week. [clap]
I have been following all the posts on Verna on TAI.
I will try to make a small review with pictures soon.
Thanks,
Raghavan
Congratulations on your new ride [clap]. Enjoy, happy & safe miles [:D].

Looking forward to your review.

Top Bottom