Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Thread Starter #16
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox

Thats a promising FE before the first service itself!! Did you chek the VIN and try to decode which month it was manufactured?
That FE might have been an reading error in the ECU. I seriously doubt that I'm actually getting 19.1kmpl on highway, as per ARAI it should be around 17.32kmpl.

Yes, I did check the VIN even before vehicle was sent for registration. Mine was manufactured in June [refer 19character VIN under driver seat (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ding-vehicle-identification-number-vin.html)]

Please make good use of pre delivery inspection and check list. Names and address on documents should be without any mistakes.
If they fail to give FOC's they promised, don't take your car for delivery. Tell them that you'll take delivery only after all FOC's they promised has been fitted.
Do take a test drive of your car and rectify any doubts or problems there only.
Check standard accessories, extended warranty, RSA, Manual etc.

I thought i will have to explain but you are spot on the VIN decoding. I got to see my car at the dealers today.. its also a june manufactured one

off topic: I have got a good deal of knowledge on this dealer and hyundai as i own an accent crdi which has clocked 223800 kms as of now[;)]

Getting more mileage than whats quoted by ARAI is possible if you are light footed and on top gear most of the times (in apt rpm range). Over inflating the tires will help to extract more miles per litre but dont do that in unknown roads as potholes may damage the suspension

Thread Starter #18

Found a new problem, squeaking sound from left suspension when i pushdown left corner of car.

Thread Starter #19

Found a new problem, squeaking sound from left suspension when i pushdown left corner of car.
Took my car to service center, they just lubricated/greased some joints, afterwards squeaking sound was gone.

Thread Starter #21

Good to know that.. Any update on the actual FE?
Till date driven around 1350kms, both in city and highway. In my observation after diving 1000+kms, mileage in city is 15.2 kmpl (13.5 kmpl W/AC) and in highway 19.2k mpl (15 kmpl W/AC).

Mileage drop on highway W/AC may be due to driving in hilly area.

There was this one spot where car slightly struggled to climb hairpin curve when fully loaded. Travelled through a very crappy bad road, under belly of the car never scrapped at all.

someday when i'm free, i'll test actual FE of my car under different conditions ...

Last edited:
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): My First Car

... Handling is good but sensitive at high speeds. It's kinda easily to make quick overtakes on high way. But still dangerous if you are not adjusted to sensitivity.

Suspension noise still exists at speed of about 20kmph on a bumpy road and on humps. Need to be very slow inorder to prevent that noise
I'm so sorry, but Pls accept my belated greetings. You've got one swell car.

In my case, during the free service period, I kept complaining a lot about suspension & steering. Don't know, what they did, but, the steering is made bit hard. Same goes for suspension too.

I recommend you to "Cry foul at the service center", but use nice words, chat with them, show them a little Auto knowledge (sort of, "I know the subject, but don't want to weigh on you" type) to get the him on your side. It works magic.

Hi Krishna,
Congrats on your buy!!!
19kmpl is a killer mileage, says a lot about your driving style. What speeds do you shift gears? Any upgrades or mods planned?

Anand (ss80)

Thread Starter #24

I'm so sorry, but Pls accept my belated greetings. You've got one swell car.

In my case, during the free service period, I kept complaining a lot about suspension & steering. Don't know, what they did, but, the steering is made bit hard. Same goes for suspension too.

I recommend you to "Cry foul at the service center", but use nice words, chat with them, show them a little Auto knowledge (sort of, "I know the subject, but don't want to weigh on you" type) to get the him on your side. It works magic.
Thanks bro,
In my opinion the THUG noise from suspension is inevitable for all verna, there is way of reducing this noise but will have to risk tyres. If you hear squeaky sound from suspension, take it to ASC immediately. Generally it happens either due to contaminant/lack of lubricant in suspension system or too much stress on suspension and joints (upper yield limit).
Hardness of suspension is due to improper design consideration of the car for India. Car is built with either american/russian road condition consideration.
Advantage of harder suspension is better stability at high speeds and zigzag driving.

During each service, they check power steering drive belt and tighten/loosen it based on it's condition. In your case they might have tightened it.

Hi Krishna,
Congrats on your buy!!!
19kmpl is a killer mileage, says a lot about your driving style. What speeds do you shift gears? Any upgrades or mods planned?

Anand (ss80)
Thanks bro,
I shift at normal speeds and rpm, i'm very light footed. I prefer slow and gradual pickup, if there is any humps/pot holes/road block with in my visual range i'll let go of accelerator and let the car slow down on it's own.

So, In short I drive like a 70year old man.[drive]

Yes I do have plans for certain upgrading/mods, those are-
* AVN system ( pioneer AVIC-F80BT / F70BT, please do suggest other alternatives)
* Mag/alloy wheels ( 15" Dark Blade Matt Anthracite Polished )
* Shark fin antenna
* Leather seats (better quality than my showroom FOC seats)

Please feel free to suggest other Mods/Upgrades.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25

FIRST FREE SERVICE UPDATE

On morning of 19/AUG/2016, I gave my car for first free service are completing 1440kms on ODO. Gave it for service in Advaith Hyundai Showroom, Belwadi Industrial Area, Mysore, Karnataka.
I had some problems/concerns about my car and i listed them to SA, they are -
1. Suspension thug sound.
2. Suspension creaking.
3. Right side speakers not working properly.
4. Too much power loss when AC is turned on.
5. Varying mileage. (not really a concern, just told him)
6. Something wrong with FE reading.

At 1550hrs got a call form service center saying my car service is complete and i can take my car back.

When i entered SC and saw my car, literally i thought it was someone else's car. Car was covered in dust. It was like the car went on a 1000km trip on thar desert and worst part they were trying to deliver it to me without washing. I stayed there for 1hr and made sure they washed and cleaned my car properly. When they were just about to wax my car, i just had a look at polishing pad and i could clearly see small debris attached firmly to it. I said no need to wax, just took the car, came home and waxed the car myself.

SC charged me 61/- INR as consumables.

After i drove about 10kms and took a look at FE reading, was shocked to see this.

I also noticed,
1. No creaking sound.
2. Intensity of thug sound reduced.
3. They changed right speakers.
4. AC power loss still there.
5. They told me there was noting wrong with FE reading, so no problem.

On 20/AUG/2016, I went on a small trip of about 200kms (To and Fro) with my friends. I looked at my FE reading later.......

I still seriously believe something wrong with my FE reading, and it's making me mad. [frustration][cry]

Last edited:
Krishna.. I have covered about 1350 so far and my first service is due this weekend. I have done 3 tankfulls now and i can say that the FE improves as we drive on.. The first time the FE shown in the display was around 15.5 but the actual was 14.1. On the second tankfull it was shown as 16.5 but the actual was 15. Now it is showing 16. I can say the actual when i refill next time.

What speed/RPM range were you doing when it shows above 18 kmpl? How many were in the car and was AC on that time?

I also get to see 20+ for a short while after refuelling. It gets reset when we fill more than 6 ltrs and starts calculating from that point. If we get to drive 60+ in a free stretch immediately after filling up, the FE shown is more. But after 10 kms.. i dont know how!

Thread Starter #27
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

What speed/RPM range were you doing when it shows above 18 kmpl? How many were in the car and was AC on that time?

I also get to see 20+ for a short while after refuelling. It gets reset when we fill more than 6 ltrs and starts calculating from that point. If we get to drive 60+ in a free stretch immediately after filling up, the FE shown is more. But after 10 kms.. i dont know how!
In Mysore roads are plain, flat and empty (most of it) expect in core part of the city, so there wont be any shifting gears (4/5th gear constant). If i'm travelling for a short distance (<20kms/to office) I won't turn on AC. While going to office, i'll travel through ring road only.

While I was on a trip, drove around 100kms continuously on highway @60-80kmph, there were 4 people (including driver). AC was on for a few minutes and turned it off later as soon as outside temp reduced to 20'C. So AC was on for 50% of trip.

Driving with AC turned on in ghat/mountain region reduces my FE and power too. Since roads are plain and flat here, it's probably showing more FE.

I have tried different petrol bunks. What i observed is whenever i use fuel from shell my car shows slightly lower FE and engine will be smooth. When I use fuel from Bharat petroleum bunks, it's showing more FE but engine smoothness comparatively reduces.

Last edited:
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

Completed my first service.. I think they just did water wash and filled windscreen washer. I saw them cleaning the air filter. No tuning or throttle body cleaning done

do you feel any difference in the FE after the first service (not by the MID display but by tankful -tankful method)?

Thread Starter #29

Completed my first service.. I think they just did water wash and filled windscreen washer. I saw them cleaning the air filter. No tuning or throttle body cleaning done

do you feel any difference in the FE after the first service (not by the MID display but by tankful -tankful method)?
I feel like it just got worse in stop and go traffic. Probably getting around 10-12kmpl in city...[cry]

FE almost same on highway.

Thread Starter #30

Went on 200 odd km trip (to and fro). Avg FE was 14.4kmpl (AC on, except on ghats) on entire trip. Road was plain and had 48km ghat. Car kinda struggled when climbing hairpin curves.

While coming back home I was on NH212 at 100kmph. An idiotic drive in front of me (at 30ft gap) suddenly lost control and slammed his brakes. I suddenly floored my brakes too, felt like car was not stopping at all. Had to use handbrake also to come to stop. Is this normal behaviour or should I go to ASC and ask them to check ABS system ?[confused]

People like this are reason why i want to get a dash cam, I suggest others to get a dash cam if possible.

Last edited:

Top Bottom