Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Thread Starter #61
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

@sai_crdi, i cleaned air filter today. I got FE around 13.72 kmpl today in city traffic. Will schedule to clean AF and cabin filter for every 2/3 weeks from now on.

Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

Gr8.. Try to inflate your tires to 37 PSI if you travel in a road which is free of potholes. This will also certainly add up to improve the mileage

Hello.. The Verna(P) is the list for my 2nd car. But i hear few concerns about the soft suspension and sensitive steering in high speeds. Can you provide some info from your experience?

Hello.. The Verna(P) is the list for my 2nd car. But i hear few concerns about the soft suspension and sensitive steering in high speeds. Can you provide some info from your experience?
We also heard about those issues but we dont personally feel so. Suspension is good in almost all the road conditions and in all speed ranges. Steering Weighs up nicely if speed increases. Hyundai has addressed these observations in the 2016 models, which were there in the cars made before 2015

@sai_crdi, i cleaned air filter today. I got FE around 13.72 kmpl today in city traffic. Will schedule to clean AF and cabin filter for every 2/3 weeks from now on.
I hope that 13.7 is with AC on

Thread Starter #65
I hope that 13.7 is with AC on
Sadly, no !!! [cry]
Heavy traffic in Mysore due to All India Police Duty Meet
I guess my AF is toast, thinking about replacing it to a new one and check FE again.

Hello @Satzzz

I don't know about others but my car is very fun to drive [:D]. I never felt steering is sensitive, it's just how I wanted it to be.

Initially when I bought the car I used to hear thud noise, I thought it was coming from suspension but it was due to overly inflated tyre by showroom (40psi) and also due to me running over humps/pot holes @ 20 kmph. Now I maintain correct tyre pressure (33psi) and run over humps and pot holes very slowly. Since then no thud noise from back/boot side.

Thread Starter #67

How could that happen within 6 months? Could you post a picture?
Imagine no dragon fly in the pic. The rest stayed like that in brown colour. Even vacuuming and air pressure cleaning didn't help it.

Last edited:
Imagine no dragon fly in the pic. The rest stayed like that in brown colour. Even vacuuming and air pressure cleaning didn't help it.

Thats how air filters will look like. This is no damage and no reason to replace. Usually air filters will be completely brown or some intense shade of what you see in left corner of how it looks like in your filter. If you dont clean at all, the entire filter will have more dirt and gaps will be filled with insects or dry leaves. Just blow it clean and move on

I had rats getting into my filter assembly and chewed the filter paper making clean holes in the filter paper. Only at those cases, you have to replace the filter. Else dirt will get into engine and account to premature wear n tear. Engine oil will do a decent job in washing that away.

You should be worried if the filter paper gets punctured and if engin oil has debri/dirt in it

Thread Starter #71

Applied Chemical Guys Deep reflections, man !!!! the gloss finish [glasses]

Attachments

Last edited:

Good. How much that costs. If you have taken photo in shade or when its less brighter around, probably the pictures may talk even more about the gloss.

Thread Starter #73

Top Bottom