Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (15K Kms. 3rd Service Update)

Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

people die for that noise, i used to love that sporty noise, however vibration will go as engine gets used to high revs, i did that as i got the car out from showroom and did same on the i20

Thread Starter #47
Re: Hyundai Verna 2016 1.6 VTVT(S): The Silver Fox (1600 Kms. First Service Update)

Currently on a long trip (2000km+) had my first dent on my car. Happened in Andhra Pradesh near Tirupati.

Angular of an auto which was extended 12 inches beyond it's body, dinged my car on left quarter panel. 3 lanes merged into single one creating a narrow bottle neck, Auto driver from extreme left rushed into this narrow suddenly and dinged my car. This guy's number plate was heavily rusted and barely recognizable.

When i told the police, they told me to move on or they'll pin this on me. They literally told me that car is registered to another state and I am not from their caste so they are not bothered about it. Just because the auto driver belonged to their caste they just let him go.

I didn't even wanted money from the driver, I just wanted an apology from driver and agree it is his fault. Auto driver had a very bad attitude, if I was not with my parents, I would have certainly thrown him a beating of his lifetime.

Last edited:

At such times its best to just let go of it and understand the roads are filled with idiots.
Know it hurts to see the first dent on your ride.

Thread Starter #50

Just crossed 6600kms.

Current FE is 12.9 (W/AC) in city and 14.7 on Highways (W/AC).

What about you, Sir ?

Thread Starter #52

Nope, still have not fixed that damage. Currently my car also has a clear coat marrying on hood and a clear coat scratch on left front door. Thinking about to fix them, but my gut is saying to wait for some more time.

Went to a local mechanic to show bumper damage, he told he'll charge 1500 INR to fix all of that.

Man !!!!!, you must be a very good driver to get such a FE on a hyundai VTVT.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Nope, still have not fixed that damage. Currently my car also has a clear coat marrying on hood and a clear coat scratch on left front door. Thinking about to fix them, but my gut is saying to wait for some more time.

Went to a local mechanic to show bumper damage, he told he'll charge 1500 INR to fix all of that.

Man !!!!!, you must be a very good driver to get such a FE on a hyundai VTVT.
His name suggests he has a diesel but i'd be shocked if he has a petrol.

I too get the same figures as yours.

Thread Starter #54

His name suggests he has a diesel but i'd be shocked if he has a petrol.

I too get the same figures as yours.
@sai_crdi used to own a hyundai accent crdi when he joined TAI. So the name.

As per what i understood he bought a verna 2016 s vtvt in july/august.

@allhyundaicars when was the last time you cleaned MAF ?
do you use stock air filter ?

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Well then I am shocked.

And I haven't cleaned it. Didn't know it is a part of regular maintenance ? And yes car has stock air filter. I am not facing any issues with mileage or the pickup so guess won't interfere with it. If it goes bad an error light should pop up.
Did you get it cleaned ?

Thread Starter #56

@allhyundaicars, I am yet to clean my MAF. After travelling through a very dusty road i observed some drop in FE.

Last sunday my friend with i20 vtvt was telling me that he was getting 8-10 kmpl on highway W/O AC. So just to eliminate a cause we cleaned up his MAF. His MAF has collected a lot of dirt on coil, back cover of cover had sticky guk. We used CRC MAF cleaner. Today he told me there was slight improvement in mileage and pickup.

I think warning light will turn on if there is a problem with MAF. However collection of dust on MAF will cause it to use more fuel than necessary causing lower FE.

Krishna and allhyundaicars, Krishna was correct about me. I had an accent crdi when i joined and the username still remains the same. Bought the verna 1.6 vtvt this august.

I will clean my air filter and AC filter once in two weeks or at least once in a month. There will be some insect or dried leaf blocking the air flow in both. Also tapping it gently against the floor and a gentle blow from inside out will clear the loose dust deposit. It will be easy to clean it when there is no rain and if we perioidically do this, the air filter will stay almost in its stock bright white colour.

If it rains or somehow if the paper becomes moist, then the dust accumulated will stick to the surface and wont go even if we clean with air jet. The colour of the filter paper also will turn to pale brown due to the dust deposited and got fixed due to the moisture.

Try this out and this helps me so far

Regarding the FE, the MID figure will vary between 16- 17.2 when i stay in the top gear for considerable time. Immediately after the refill, it will go crazy and even touch 28 but for a very short span. As the FE stats gets reset when we fill more than 6 litres, it requires some constant monitoring to arrive at a stable figure.

But always i have seen at least one km drop in the actual FE when compared to whats shown in the MID. By tankful to tankful method, i get 15-16 on an average and it keeps improving gradually as the car clocks more kms in the odo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #58
@sai_crdi, After reading your post i opened up my air filter. It was dirty and hand dragon flies stuck to it. Even those slits have leaves, dirt and insects stuck to it.

@allhyundaicars when was the last time you cleaned MAF ?
do you use stock air filter ?
@allhyundaicars, I am yet to clean my MAF. After travelling through a very dusty road i observed some drop in FE.

Last sunday my friend with i20 vtvt was telling me that he was getting 8-10 kmpl on highway W/O AC. So just to eliminate a cause we cleaned up his MAF. His MAF has collected a lot of dirt on coil, back cover of cover had sticky guk. We used CRC MAF cleaner. Today he told me there was slight improvement in mileage and pickup.

I think warning light will turn on if there is a problem with MAF. However collection of dust on MAF will cause it to use more fuel than necessary causing lower FE.
When i said MAF i meant Main Air Filter, My friend owns a i20 crdi not vtvt.

MAF sensor is not used in hyundai petrol engines

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Lol [lol] great :p
And yes I do clean the air filter with pressurised air every 2 months. I went through many sites to check about maf sensor. Anyways learnt something new.

Am glad if that helps you guys.. If you make it a habbit of cleaning it once in two weeks, you can clear off the dust more easily. The longer the dirt gets to be on the filter, the tuffer it becomes to clean.

Try doing the same for AC filter also. You can take it off easily by opening the glovebox tray. Apply caution not to damage the filter papers for both MAF and the AC filters. Even a small hole there will lead to premature wear n tear and more dirt getting into the cabin.

Use a water colour paint brush with thin bizzles to clean the slots in between the filter.

Top Bottom