Hyundai Trio: Santro, i10 and Verna!

Thread Starter #16

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so talking about the AC.

well a couple of days back , the i10's AC was dead. no cooling nothing but only 1 vent was blowing cool air.

last year got the AC serviced from a local mechanic for some 1000 rupees. he filled in the gas without vacuum , cleaned the air blower.

after a year it died so thought of getting it checked with the company. went to the SC in the morning and AC coil had a leak so it needed replacement so replaced it [:D]

Total Service charges - 3720 for the AC checkup level 4 and the AC coil.

The Bill.
DSC_0608.jpg
The Affected part.
100620121899.jpg

100620121900.jpg

the back of the Affected Part.

100620121901.jpg

so i guess it needed replacement. and AC is good as new [thumbsup]

still santro's AC's fine for now. no Ac service done. Should i get the Santro's AC service done ? the cooling is not bad.

Last edited:
do you use the ac on fresh air intake? Yeah why not get the santros ac serviced as well. I don't get it how come the service package is cheap but the evaporator on the other hand is costly as well as the compressor ?

Thread Starter #18

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
no its mostly on re-circulation mode. why did you ask ?

ok will get the ac service done at the next service. the service package is costlier than the evaporator. i don't know the price of the compressor.

but yes prices of wiper blades

santro - 100 for both
i10 - 700 for both [surprise]
verna - 1100 for both [frustration] [lol]

i don't care how much showroom will charge i will get the aero twins or order the rain-x bracket less from amazon[;)]

i asked you as the evap is plugged with dirt there.

Thread Starter #20

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
my dad said he will get the original quality wiper blades at half the price. since wiper blades costed 100 i thought it will be 300 max for the i10 but i was wrong.

so what's so special in the wipers you mentioned ?

ok tell me one thing. what passes through that evap ? some liquid or gas ?

if liquid then maybe because of the leakage it attracted dirt [confused] if gas then i don't know why that much dirt settled there.

the evap is sealed the refrigerant passes as a liquid as it expands the gas evaporates and brings down the temperature in the coils which makes the air around cool now water condensation forms on it as its cold. so dirty gets accumulated on it. As well as gas even compressor oil circulates if theres a leak the oil and gas leaks and that oil marks help detect the leak.

Thread Starter #22

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
thanks for explaining [thumbsup]

so another thing about my santro.

we installed a cng kit in our santro because one of the family member have to drive more than 80 kms everyday.

in 2009-2010 we were ok with that much of commute in a petrol but not in october 2011 [sad]

dad didn't want to add cng just because he believed it will kill the car engine and have to maintain it very well.

so got one installed in november 2011. there were many problems in starting and month back AC stopped working whenever the car stopped ( running on CNG ) the AC used to work fine when on petrol.

so i got the engine tuning but no help. so went to another CNG shop and the guy suggested to clean IC valve and charged me 180rs. it was just a small part but had to open several screws to reach it.

if anyone AC's not working when idling on CNG get the IC or ICE valve cleaned. the carbon causes the AC to trip there was no AC gas problem whatsoever. cooling is good.

Thread Starter #23

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
if you guys don't know just yet , there's a pollution check drive going on in delhi , so get your PUC certificates asap to avoid challan

went today for the PUC certificate. it took me 1 hours 45 minutes to get it done. every petrol pump was crowded. some pics.

the red i10 is mine [:D]

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0612.jpg

Fazer

Suspended
Your i10 looks lovely in the Stock condition.
BTW, The Yellow stickers on either side of the number plate are giving her a TAXI like feel..Do remove them.[anger]

Some more pics please..

Thread Starter #25

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Your i10 looks lovely in the Stock condition.
BTW, The Yellow stickers on either side of the number plate are giving her a TAXI like feel..Do remove them.

Some more pics please..
yeah , no modification nothing [:D]

those yellow stickers [anger] i will tell you.

we went to shimla , then on our way to kufri , there were 3 guys stopping random cars and charging 80 rs per car for , i don't remember , either pollution or like a toll pass.

and there was 1 hawaldar who was stopping the car.

the car next to us , he let him pass and stopped us.
i wanted to enquire what this was for , but dad suggested to let it be and pay him. didn't want any trouble.

after paying him he pasted those yellow stickers [frustration] they are hard to remove. i have to repaint both the bumpers so will ask the painter to remove it or maybe change the whole bumper.

Fazer

Suspended
ask the painter to remove it or maybe change the whole bumper.
No. No need of changing the whole bumper..
You can go to the painter, he may have some alternate solution for removing them.

You know, I never liked i10 (old one..your one) in this color. Once, while travelling at byepass road (Faridabad), I saw an i10 (with Chrome Alloys, Fat Rubber in the same colour) and became a fan of this color. Guess Why?? I saw a "playboy" (that "Rabbit!") sticker on the bonnet (large sticker in glossy silver colour). I just LOVED it..Still, I can't forget about the car. Since then, I like this color. Infact, It is the best colour in i10 followed by Grey..[:D]

Thread Starter #27

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
the reason i will change the whole bumper because there are lots of scratches and all the hooks have come out. lets see. will keep you updated.

lol [:D] i liked this color from the beginning [:)] i remember i called the dealer 2-3 times just to make sure its "blushing red" and not "blood red"

and fat rubber - maybe 14" allows. 15" looks good but 14" looks odd.

and i agree Grey looks good. my first santro was grey [;)] i was thinking of buying the verna in same color but settled with white.

350Z

Core Team
Your car collection stands true to the username. You surely would have a good experience of upkeeping the Hyundais by now. Did you receive loyalty bonus on buy?
see i even remembered the day the car reached home. excitement of the car i should say.
The occasion of buying a car (especially when it’s first) is something that one can hardly forget. :smile:
went today for the PUC certificate. it took me 1 hours 45 minutes to get it done. every petrol pump was crowded. some pics.
Pollution Under Control Certificate is one of the mandatory documents that have to be carried along while driving the car. It’s quite shocking to see the long queues on the eleventh hour as well as the sheer negligence of people.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom