Hyundai Sonata Fluidic Launched at Rs.18 Lakhs

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Hyundai Sonata (i45) caught testing!

New sonata will be named i45, and current Sonata transform will be sold parallel to i45 like accent is sold parallel to Verna ,according to him company has made a huge investment in launching sonata transform.
I'm happy if this news is true, because Hyundai Sonata is one of the great cars in segment at comparatively much affordable price. But sad that it has been a let down due to Hyundai brand name, which could not stand against the solid German and Japanese rivals. Also, especially if the price of i45 reaches above the margin of Rs.20 Lakhs, this move will be worth it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Saw Hyundai i45 on my way to bangalore , This time it wasn't covered with cloth . The driver was zipping in the traffic but managed to get a video of it ( but sorry for poor quality of pic it's my mobile camera [:D] ). It was looking similar to the previous posts in the thread.

YouTube - i45.flv

Attachments

Nice capture Auto lover , i am yet to see this car! Was the car badged as i45? If so then good , because Sonata does not have a very good image here.

It was Badged as i45 on right side ( when looking from behind ), Hyundai on left and "GDI" on right bottom, Actually there were 2 of them one was zipping ahead ( as in the video ) after some time it reduced speed and stopped just after a petrol bunk and saw another one there . the place was very dark so i didn't stop to take snaps .

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Hyundai Sonata (i45) Caught Testing!

+1 Reputation added. Brilliant captures! Thanks a lot for sharing them with us. :smile: And I’m guessing that Hyundai will follow their latest “i” trend and sell this car without rebranding. Moreover, as Shona210 told us earlier that existing Sonata is not going to be discontinued; it most likely confirms this fact.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: New Hyundai Sonata / i45 Caught Testing (Spyshots Pg.2)

Here is a top tip. If you buy the 2.4 liter petrol engine buy the auto it gets 12.66 kpl . The manual gets 12.5 kpl

@autoluver - you rock man!! [clap] thank you very much for clicking it and shooting video on my request.

@zal - buddy dont know if they will even launch any a/t at all! but why is so that a/t is more fuel efficent than m/t?? i have normally heard vice versa..anyways difference is not much.

AMG

Suspended

Well, I personally feel that Hyundai should stay away from using the i45 tag on this car.

The name i(insert number) is here in India, synonymous with small and medium hatchbacks, and using it on a 16 lakh car, wont really be right, IMO.

Read the review for this car also in Hindu recently! The car comes only in AT according to them. The petrol variant is confirmed but the diesel variant still is not sure. Review was just about okay nothing impressive in the car except power! I think this car may sell well better than Sonata because of its looks nothing else is good enough according to their review.

Still have to wait for the launch to confirm or give my views.

350Z

Core Team

The New Hyundai i45 is once again making the headlines after it was caught on test yet another time in Chennai. It's most likely the same model which our forum members have previously spotted too. However, the point to note is that the GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) badge has been observed and the car appears to be almost production ready and expect the release by End-2011.

Hyundai-i45-caught-testing.jpg
Image source: Indian Autos Blog

Drive Safe,
350Z

This was the same car I spotted ( check to number plates) GDI was written on it (my previous post says it )

Yes it is being rumoured that the new i45 will have only a petrol engine on offer , but i seriously hope Hyundai doesn't make that mistake.

AMG

Suspended

Just strip the badge and nobody would be able to tell whether it is the fluidic verna or an i45. [frustration]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Just strip the badge and nobody would be able to tell whether it is the fluidic verna or an i45. [frustration]
Nope. The difference is much noticeable actually. You’ll be able to distinguish in person with the huge stance of this sedan itself.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom