Hyundai Sonata Fluidic Launched at Rs.18 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
These fresh pictures from Bangalore show the new Hyundai i45 Sonanta replacement being tested. Known as the Sonata in the US market, the i45 has received a very positive reaction in every market it has been launched till date, and India should be no different.
And it's not difficult to see why; this aerodynamic car has a very attractive form, with sharp cuts and flowing lines blended in with a great degree of sophistication. The front has a very strong 'V' shape to it and the overall profile of the car resembles both the Mercedes CLS and the VW Passat CC. Of course the Hyundai will be several times cheaper, and that's bound to make it attractive to Indian customers.
The swoopy lines of the car are carried over on the inside as well. The central console has a strong V shape to it, there is a cockpit like wrap around feel for both the driver well as the passenger and there are plenty of brushed aluminum and chromed over bits. We expect Hyundai to load the i45 up with all manner of goodies, keyless go, paddle shifts and Bluetooth and I-pod connections. The i45 also features a very attractive set of deep set instruments, with an information display screen at the center. What remains to be seen however, is if rear legroom and more importantly headroom have been sacrificed for the attractive lines.
Hyundai is likely to power the car with its latest generation direct injection 2.4-litre petrol motor, which will make it as technologically advanced as the motor of the Skoda Superb. There won't be a turbo or a twin clutch automatic gearbox, but with 198bhp on hand, the larger engined i45 will have plenty of performance. And because this new Theta II motor uses direct injection, it is likely to be more efficient as well. Owners wanting to eek out even greater fuel economy can also elicit the help of a real time in dash Eco indicator.
Though there isn't a diesel version of the car currently on sale, we expect Hyundai to plonk the 194bhp Santa Fe CRDi motor under the hood. With an attractive Rs 17-19lakh price tag, Hyundai should be able to re address the slump in Sonata sales. Remember how well the Jaguar S Type look alike sold? This car has the same potential.
Source: ACI

Attachments

Re: New Hyundai Sonata(i45) caught testing!

Not at all a bad proposition for a sedan in the Indian Market. 17-19 lac INR sounds interesting.

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Hyundai Sonata (i45) caught testing!

I am absolutely confident that i45 will eventually compensate the dull sales that Sonata is suffering with, at present. I have fallen in love with the i45 from the very first day of its global launch. Just look at its road presence, this car seriously has some show, man! If I am getting a car like this at a reasonable price, I don’t care whether it is a Hyundai or not. In fact, being a Hyundai is rather a bonus because it can offer ease of a wide-spread brand, say unlike a Volkswagen or Nissan. And as they say, Diesel will be an icing on the cake. Sufficient enough to make the competitors like Accord to think twice.

Drive Safe,
350Z

If i45 is coming in price range of 17 to 19L, then it is anytime better than the Kizashi. [thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team

Adding some pictures for your viewing pleasure of this sheer beauty.

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_11.jpg

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_28.jpg

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_3d.jpg

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_3e.jpg

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_42.jpg

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_40.jpg

Hyundai-Sonata_2011_800x600_wallpaper_4c.jpg
Source: Netcarshow.com

Drive Safe,
350Z

WOW! looks awesome and hope the pricing will be under 18-19 lakhs OTR and in diesel avatar , if so it will surely eat up the sales of its segment leader CRUZE.

Any news regarding its production I mean will it be a CKD or CBU?

Wow looking uber cool! This looks better than the Sonata Transform and could well be the answer for the dull sales! I think this car will be CKD.

For the second time, I like a car from the Hyundai stable. This one is really looking good and is very much futuristic.

Like the current Civic at the time of it's India launch during 2007, i45 is too fresh to the Indian market and if the car is priced at a proper level, the "i" series will have another segment topper very soon!

but still, the diesel variant is mandatory in India to put on some serious sales figures.

As told by Hyundai India's (premium) car sales head ,i 45 will be launched in 2012, price will start from 20+ lacs and sonata brand won't be discontinued ,yes i45 will be a ckd unit same as sonata transform.

Think I saw this car on my way back from kancheepuram ( little off from hyundai factory) on chennai - bangalore highway. It was camouflaged all over body, may be hyundai is testing it here.

As told by Hyundai India's (premium) car sales head ,i 45 will be launched in 2012, price will start from 20+ lacs and sonata brand won't be discontinued ,yes i45 will be a ckd unit same as sonata transform.
'sonata brand wont be discontinued' - i dont get this. does it means current sonata will continue to sell or new i45 will be called as sonata??

Think I saw this car on my way back from kancheepuram ( little off from hyundai factory) on chennai - bangalore highway. It was camouflaged all over body, may be hyundai is testing it here.
snap it next time you spot it buddy!! [:)]

'sonata brand wont be discontinued' - i dont get this. does it means current sonata will continue to sell or new i45 will be called as sonata??
New sonata will be named i45, and current Sonata transform will be sold parallel to i45 like accent is sold parallel to Verna ,according to him company has made a huge investment in launching sonata transform.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackson1

Suspended

The Hyundai brand are popular brand l love this brand because the Hyundai features are expansive.Hyundai Sonata(i45) is most beautiful latest brand this cars features luxurious and more safety.Hyundai Sonata(i45) bearing fresh and inspiring looks.

snap it next time you spot it buddy!! [:)]
It was late evening and I was on the T section ( coming from kancheepauram ) and this car crossed me with reduced speed, didn't have time to take my mobile , will do it next time I have a chance

Top Bottom