Hyundai Sonata Fluidic Launched at Rs.18 Lakhs

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Hyundai Sonata / i45 Caught Testing (Spyshots Pg.2)

Mr. Arvind Saxena of Hyundai confirmed at Auto Expo that New Sonata will be available in the market by February 2012. Hyundai India’s website has already started reflecting the new model and replaced Sonata Transform:

sonata website.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

ahhh sweet now we need an official TAI review. are we expecting one anytime soon?
if the review seems nice and price good i may consider getting one by end this year or early next year

Good! Any news on Elantra? I'm looking for that and it looks better than sonata.

sonata has a sexy audio setup has a woofer in it. i guess its an infinity setup? can anyone confirm?

350Z

Core Team

Good! Any news on Elantra? I'm looking for that and it looks better than sonata.
In last quarter of 2012. It will be available only in diesel.
Sonata is not on my list coz it is offered only in petrol engine.

new sonata is way too big maybe even bigger than accord. center console is also volvoish!

Looking good but i don't understand why they don't want to offer a diesel engine in the new Sonata! Hyundai's diesel engines are mile munchers , powerful yet frugal , i hope they stonk the Santa-Fe's engine in the Sonata!

All New 2012 Hyundai Sonata

The new 2012 Hyundai Sonata unveiled at the 11 Auto Expo in Delhi is the 6th generation sonata and is designed by the Hyundai’s fluidic design concept which makes the car stand out from it competitors. The new Sonata has a 2.4 liter GDi engine that will produce 198 bhp with maximum torque of 255 nm. The car comes with an option of a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Hyundai has changed the overall look of the car. The front, back and the side as well. Interiors are really awesome and Hyundai has done a great job when it comes to interiors.

So far they have launched the new sonata only in the petrol version but keeping the Indian market in Mind hopefully Hyundai will bring in a diesel version as well. But again that’s my personal thinking.

Attachments

sonata has a sexy audio setup has a woofer in it. i guess its an infinity setup? can anyone confirm?

Yes nickandre sonata has a very sexy audio setup. my cousin back in US owns a sonata 2.4L. And the system is really awesome. No need of aftermarket system.

Looking good but i don't understand why they don't want to offer a diesel engine in the new Sonata! Hyundai's diesel engines are mile munchers , powerful yet frugal , i hope they stonk the Santa-Fe's engine in the Sonata!
Hey buddy Hyundai might get another version which has 2.0T turbo charged engine which produces 274hp @6000rpm.
We have this version in US and i am planning to get one soon.[:)]

heap the sonata is one car which has almost identical stuff to its us counterparts. i really love this car but sadly doubt id buy another hyundai.

heap the sonata is one car which has almost identical stuff to its us counterparts. i really love this car but sadly doubt id buy another hyundai.
You are right on this part but i guess Honda accord and toyota camry are also identical now days to their US counterparts.
And i love this car too man. Sonata's are really good. and I own one right now, known as Sonata Embera in India & it's a V6.

But i am in love with the new Sonata and pretty soon i am going to have it[:)]

you don't know how much my heart goes out for this sonata, but i currently have the accent 2012 known as verna fluidic here, having kinda of issues which upsets the whole image

you don't know how much my heart goes out for this sonata, but i currently have the accent 2012 known as verna fluidic here, having kinda of issues which upsets the whole image
That's a really good car and i really like it. my dad was about to buy that car but since that won't hold much of luggage and with the new Tata Safari Strome coming, we decided to go with the new Strome. AS we have to get a car which can hold good amount luggage.

And Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Do share those.

Top Bottom