Hyundai Santa-Fe Launched (Now with 6-Speed A/T 4x4)

@ Raj Yes just like the Fortuner and Aria the car comes with individual AC vents on all three rows. I would say a perfect replacement for your Innova if you don mind paying that extra amount and forget the brand value!

@ Maximas Yes man! They said they also have no plans to produce it locally here even in the future!

@ Raj Yes just like the Fortuner and Aria the car comes with individual AC vents on all three rows. I would say a perfect replacement for your Innova if you don mind paying that extra amount and forget the brand value!
does it have rear AC vents on the roof or the pillars?

I dont care about brand value but my brother does! i showed him the Santa fe & he says "toyota is a toyota"!

Also, 197 bhp means fuel efficiency in mumbai traffic would be in the range of 5-7 kmpl... bad.

Aah i din notice that Raj! The car is good VFM offering almost all features needed , but maybe just a Lakh costlier!

Hmmm its too early to comment about the FE of the car , but you must be knowing Hyundai's diesel engines are really frugal. I expect something around 8kmpl in city and 13kmpl in highways.

excellent review buddy. it looks good from outside but interiors are not very futuristic. please post TD report also if you test it..

Hmmm no plans to TD it! They will start pestering me then , and i have already booked Aria!

Interiors not futuristic? I would say its better than Fortuner and Captiva! Pictures can be deceiving as its just my mobile camera.

@ Raj Agreed! This car is a notch above the cars you mentioned in all aspects , though i doubt whether it will be as reliable as a Toyota.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for sharing the first close-up preview of New Hyundai Santa-Fe, cooldhaya. I’m quite happy with the design of this car, and interiors look good too but don’t seem as plush as of Sonata Transform. The one and only huge let down for this car is simply its price tag, It further upsets even more whenever I think that Hyundai could have very well justified it after localization, but unfortunately that is not the case. As they say “Prevention is better than cure”, However with Hyundai, they’re intentionally welcoming the disease first and then plan to cure it later.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes the one thing that put my dad off about this car is the price tag! Else i would have booked the Santa-Fe by now!

Just like Sonata's case i feel Hyundai will offer more discounts on this too at a later stage to try to push the sales of the car , too early to comment though!

350Z

Core Team
Not discounts, It will be the direct price cut-off through localization, but when would they do this is the question. All I’m afraid about is that I do not wish to see Santa-Fe repeating same story like that of Terracan and Tucson.

Drive Safe,
350Z

But then i read in a report about Hyundai saying they don have any plans of localization of the Santa-Fe![frustration]

Were the Tucson and Terracan too priced steep or just brand value?

And they have even announed booking till Oct 30 only :)

So does this mean that they have limited stocks on sale ?

Yes even i saw in papers! Don know what Hyundai is upto![confused]

I don think the Santa-Fe would have created a huge backlog like Fortuner!

No way Santa Fe is going to create record sales like Forturner.

Hyundai just tries to create Hype for Santa by their own way :)

350Z

Core Team
But then i read in a report about Hyundai saying they don have any plans of localization of the Santa-Fe!
I remember Hyundai’s VP stating so.

Were the Tucson and Terracan too priced steep or just brand value?
Both. Mainly, it is Hyundai’s image which is still not considered best in premium luxury segment in India. You can see that some apt examples are Sonata and Terracan.

And they have even announed booking till Oct 30 only :)So does this mean that they have limited stocks on sale ?
Yes even i saw in papers! Don know what Hyundai is upto!I don think the Santa-Fe would have created a huge backlog like Fortuner!
I think initially Hyundai is importing only a few units in India to watch the public response, and step ahead accordingly. If the pricing was set correct, Hyundai could have silently snatched the sales from Toyota but now it is doubtful.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom