Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4 AT Ownership Experience

Thanks. :)
Personally i never liked the Fortuner. Its just a Hi-Lux pick up truck!
Sure the santa Fe can't match the off roadability of the fortuner but still its a lot nice vehicle than it. Being marginally shorter than the toyota it gives better legroom for the 3rd and 2nd row seats. I mean the 3rd row feels same as that of my Nissan Patrol ( Which is bigger than a H2).
You get a lot better engine than the toyota, a nice 6 speed Auto box ( Compared to the 4 speed of fortuner), Lots of features. And a decent fuel economy.

Each service is spaced out at 10,000 kms interval.
IT'S JUST A HI-LUX PICK UP TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think using the word "JUST" for hi-lux truck is not appropriate..that is one among the most reliable machine and also much more durable..didnt you see the top gear north pole expedition in it?and also top gear's attempt to kill a toyota????
bro..toyota is far more superior compared to hyundai in terms of reliability,quality..i do agree the santa fe is a good car ..but you are underestimating the fortuner!!

Thread Starter #47
the car looks good,,,but dont you think it extensivly resembles the audi q5/7 ????even many of my friends felt the same
completely agree with you buddy. But that Hyundai batch spoils everything !!

actually you cant compare a pajero with a santa fe...the pajero is a hardcore offroader.its a go any where vehicle and mitsubishi is making indians fools by keeping the same 2-3 decades old car for us..but the good thing is that it still sells .people even prefer it today..
whereas santa fe is a new product ,i dont think it can offer better offroading than a pajero ,but the engine and the driving dynamics on tarmac must be better than the pajero...
Yes we can't compare the hyundai with a pajero. People prefer it only because of the name.
and yes it is one of the best off roaders in the history. Thank god mitsubishi got the pajero sport out which is a vast improvement over the SFX.

IT'S JUST A HI-LUX PICK UP TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think using the word "JUST" for hi-lux truck is not appropriate..that is one among the most reliable machine and also much more durable..didnt you see the top gear north pole expedition in it?and also top gear's attempt to kill a toyota????
bro..toyota is far more superior compared to hyundai in terms of reliability,quality..i do agree the santa fe is a good car ..but you are underestimating the fortuner!!
Buddy i know what toyotas are. These trucks are one of the most preferred and reliable machines. Whole middle east use them in the oil fields. Even my dad got them for his sites in oman.
We had owned couple of prados too, my dad drove 800kms a day at speeds north of 100kmph on graded roads. And believe me the toyota never made a squeal ! Our older prado did a well over 300,000kms and the other one ( the new shape) covered around 180,000. Am am attaching pics so that you get an idea in what kind of condition my cars were driven.
Even the mitsubishi seemed reliable !

What i meant was do you really want just a "reliable" vehicle when you are shelling out so much of money, don't you think you should go for a comparatively technically advanced vehicle.
The major turn offs of the fortuner are those leaf springs ( you get independent set up in the santa fe) plus those drum brakes in an SUV of this size!? No ESP or Traction control. A proper HI lux like gear shift lever.

Its like tata goes crazy and makes an SUV out of the humble old 407 and people would buy it. Why? Because it looks "BIG" !!

Plus i would never take my car to north pole !:biggrin:

Attachments

Aviral,

This is first time I saw your thread and trust me you got a mighty ride in here.
But one thing I am bitten by is..
the DAS Hyndai label in rear. for a moment i thought it was a TD car from showroom then it looked as if the car is hired from Das .

A 25+lakh car with a phone number in rear makes it look like a hotel cab

Please this is your Personal Property, I believe.
let those ugly adverts/lables not spoil the look of your beauty.

Humble request:please remove them .

thanx Buddy,
I have removed all of those stupid stickers ! [:)]
completely agree with you buddy. But that Hyundai batch spoils everything !!

Yes we can't compare the hyundai with a pajero. People prefer it only because of the name.
and yes it is one of the best off roaders in the history. Thank god mitsubishi got the pajero sport out which is a vast improvement over the SFX.

Buddy i know what toyotas are. These trucks are one of the most preferred and reliable machines. Whole middle east use them in the oil fields. Even my dad got them for his sites in oman.
We had owned couple of prados too, my dad drove 800kms a day at speeds north of 100kmph on graded roads. And believe me the toyota never made a squeal ! Our older prado did a well over 300,000kms and the other one ( the new shape) covered around 180,000. Am am attaching pics so that you get an idea in what kind of condition my cars were driven.
Even the mitsubishi seemed reliable !

What i meant was do you really want just a "reliable" vehicle when you are shelling out so much of money, don't you think you should go for a comparatively technically advanced vehicle.
The major turn offs of the fortuner are those leaf springs ( you get independent set up in the santa fe) plus those drum brakes in an SUV of this size!? No ESP or Traction control. A proper HI lux like gear shift lever.

Its like tata goes crazy and makes an SUV out of the humble old 407 and people would buy it. Why? Because it looks "BIG" !!

Plus i would never take my car to north pole !:biggrin:
yeah i do agree with you..fortuner is definetly short on the equipment list..and specially in the braking category..drum brakes [frustration] in 22+lakh machine,
yes reliability is not the inly thing but for me it is one of the most important thing...

hey, Even i own a Hyundai santa fe, and its pretty weird that finding new set of tyres for this car is very difficult as the size in not standard, and i don't know what brand tyres should i be buying for it.

many dealers are overpricing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom