Hyundai Santa-Fe 2014 Review and Pictures: Sizzling Santa

Re: Hyundai Santa-Fe 2014: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

That's a very nice review Vibhor.

Actually one of my cousin is in market looking for a new ride. So i told him to wait for Santa Fe. And i was excited for this beast as well. Since I drove the new one back in US. But the kind of pricing they have in India looking at the features in the car is definitely a sales dud. My brother didn't even TD the car after looking at the asking price. The top end is around 33L in Gurgaon. And it does not have a built in Navigation system, neither the panoramic sunroof.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32

350Z

Core Team

That's a very nice review Vibhor.

Actually one of my cousin is in market looking for a new ride. So i told him to wait for Santa Fe. And i was excited for this beast as well. Since I drove the new one back in US. But the kind of pricing they have in India looking at the features in the car is definitely a sales dud. My brother didn't even TD the car after looking at the asking price. The top end is around 33L in Gurgaon. And it does not have a built in Navigation system, neither the panoramic sunroof.
Thanks. The recent price cut has made Santa-Fe a better deal. It’s a capable contender but depends on exact requirements of customer. I'd suggest him to test drive one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks. The recent price cut has made Santa-Fe a better deal. It’s a capable contender but depends on exact requirements of customer. I'd suggest him to test drive one.

Drive Safe,
350Z
The price cut might make it a good deal for lot of customers but his requirement was that if he is paying that kind of amount, the car should have a navigation system as well.

Since the price is over 30L he is now considering Q3, A4 as well.

But i have told him to take a TD anyways.

Excellent review 350Z, in true TAI fashion! All new Hyundais' look great and the Santa Fe is no exception. It just seems to be priced too ambitiously. Not sure but a X1 might well be cheaper than this.
Even at this price point i would have surely expected Hyundai to provide DRLs,Navigation and Sunroof somewhere in the variants. In any case, I am certainly excited to see what Hyundai does with their upcoming compact SUV. Interesting times ahead!!

Flawless review [:)][clap]

I like what you said and I totally agree. We could buy an Audi at that price and Audi brand has better luxury tag than a Hyundai.

"Lacks required snob value for this price tag "

Thread Starter #36

350Z

Core Team

Quick update: Hyundai has fetched 559 bookings within 40 days of the launch of New Santa-Fe in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hyundai Santa Fe launched in Korea with equipment and styling differences

On the outside, the updated Santa Fe gets a shark-fin type antenna, restyled wing mirrors featuring LED turn indicators, a new rear spoiler and a new body color called ‘Glacier’. On the features front, the 2014 Santa Fe gets a lane departure warning system with a front facing camera.
More Details [Indian Autosblog]

This is a major concern with Hyundai product Management. The SUV is costing more than 30Lakhs. Hyundai, new changes are welcome but please consider the existing owners.

Saw a white color few days ago,looks nice,saw a Q5 parked in the same place a day later at night.Made me realize they have used some subtle lines from the Q5,
At night the front headlights of the Santa Fe looked to have that led glow like we see on Rexton & ML350.

At night the front headlights of the Santa Fe looked to have that led glow like we see on Rexton & ML350.
The updated variant is having different pattern. I have noticed that Hyundai high-end variants are updated without any time interval. It affects the existing owners in terms of parts availability and product resale value. The market share of Santa-Fe is very small here in Kuwait due to periodic product updates.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Updated santa fe launched in india.

The new model will feature the following upgrades:

1.New 8-inch touchscreen with GPS navigation and Voice Assist.
2.Bluetooth and iPOD connectivity. The former helps in streaming music and in making & receiving calls.
3.DVD/USB/AUX-in functionalities and video playback through DVD or USB.
4.The SUV will also come with automatic headlights that’ll come on when it becomes dark.
5. New design ORVM.

SOURCE : MOTOROIDS , INDIANAUTOSBLOG.

Attachments

Last edited:
That's a great review Vibhor. Like all good reviews it allows us to vicariously experience a machine one may not even have seen.

I am of course biased but 'features' have always seemed to me to be masala to spice up an otherwise bland dish or to make mutton seem lamb. Somehow in the rush for features, essential things like ride quality, dynamics, handling, ability to take turns at speed, ability to deal with different road conditions, safety seem reduced to just 1 checklist item out of many, on equal status with auto folding ORVMs. While to me these factors seem to be key and most of the rest a bonus, good if they exist, dispensable if they don't.

It is difficult to describe the elemental satisfaction one gets in driving a machine that is strong on the key features like the Mitsubishi Pajero Sports or the Fiat Palio Sports.

At least for me the Santa Fe would not be in that select category

Top Bottom