Hyundai Plans For Refreshed Santro? (New Variants Pg. 4)

Thread Starter #1
As per Times of India dated 29th August, 2009 (Mumbai edition) report:

Poor demand in the market has forced Korean care manufacturer Hyundai to map the phaseout of its Getz hatchback model with the company deciding to stop production of the model in the coming months. HS Lheem, MD of Hyundai's India subsidiary, said the company was withdrawing the model from the market with sales averaging between 500 and 1,000 vehicles per month. "Production of Getz would be stopped and will be gradually phased out from the market," said Lheem.

But i do see new petrol getz with reduced price quite well on roads, yes its diesel version has been stopped time back with the launch of i20 diesel, but petrols are doing fine atleast for its 1.1L .Any confirmation about its petrol ones being stopped as well.

napster

Suspended
petrol is going to be there in the market, its not going to be phased otu soo soon, they just pulled down the prices of petrol getz, the D variant has beeen stopped after the launch of i20d so that it doesnt effect the sales of i20

petrol is going to be there in the market, its not going to be phased otu soo soon, they just pulled down the prices of petrol getz, the D variant has beeen stopped after the launch of i20d so that it doesnt effect the sales of i20

thats what i said ram, but vrooms post isnt clear about the variants stopped by hyundai for getz, diesel as we all know production has been stopped but petrol ones are too stopped or what?

Yes. This news was in AIR for quite long time & hyundai Showrooms in chennai is not preferring GETZ even if you like it !

Actually my friend was keen on booking a GETZ & it convinced him to get I10 as GETZ will be stopped very soon.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
This news was very much expected.
i10's and i20's launch has affected the sales of ageing santro and Getz respectively, So its a high time to phase out these old models.

But don't know why again a "Santro" is coming when there is already its sibling,The i10 existing in market.

Hope Hyundai atleast changes the name "Santro".

350Z

well i have your answer vibs, when i spoke to a dealer here in ahmedabad, he said h was very much sure after his meeting with hyundai officials that santro even being ages old is still selling good, and this being their only entry level model to compete with alto, m800 for maruti, company wont phase out santro, infact they are coming up with facelift model of santro and it would always be there as they dont have any other choice as of now.Later they would also come out with a 800CC engine, which is inline and might come around mid or end 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
here are the few images of New santro i came across!

But i am confused! But why KIA picanto is launched as Santro in INDIA?

Thread Starter #14
I agree.. this looks way better than A-star. Any change in specs compared to the existing one?

No specs are out yet, bu few sites report the specs are unchanged!

But i don't think so. It will surely have some techinical specs changed & few interior changes!!

Top Bottom