Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Re: Hyundai's Mini-SUV (Ecosport Rival) Caught On Test

This news comes from a highly trusted source at Hyundai. The development of compact SUV is underway and at this moment, launch is scheduled for 2015 in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Wow! Great scoop 350Z. But won't be 2015 too little too late to enter in this buzzing segment for Hyundai. By that time Maruti will have there X-alpha as well and I guess Mahindra will too launch a proper compact SUV. VW Taigun is also slated for 2015 launch though. Was hoping that this model will hit the Indian roads by mid 2014.

Thread Starter #17

This news comes from a highly trusted source at Hyundai. The development of compact SUV is underway and at this moment, launch is scheduled for 2015 in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Any idea what they have to show us in the auto expo ?

350Z

Core Team

Wow! Great scoop 350Z. But won't be 2015 too little too late to enter in this buzzing segment for Hyundai. By that time Maruti will have there X-alpha as well and I guess Mahindra will too launch a proper compact SUV. VW Taigun is also slated for 2015 launch though. Was hoping that this model will hit the Indian roads by mid 2014.
Hyundai seems to be confident about their strategies. From what I was informed, another major reason for not bringing it earlier is the current state of affairs of Indian market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

If the production units see the sun soon and are close to the renderings then it would be eating Duster, ES and the likes for breakfast. Not bringing tech. specs. into contention here as Hyundai has been for quite some time in India and KNOWS what we want at what price. [;)] If it gets launched in 2015 then by that time both Duster and ES would have matured into the market and most probably would be due for a makeover.

Last edited:

If the production units see the sun soon and are close to the renderings then it would be eating Duster, ES and the likes for breakfast. Not bringing tech. specs. into contention here as Hyundai has been for quite some time in India and KNOWS what we want at what price. [;)] If it gets launched in 2015 then by that time both Duster and ES would have matured into the market and most probably would be due for a makeover.
I will agree to all your points execpt one area of price. I always feel Hyundai cars are over priced by 50K to 60K. I currently own Hyundai Getz and the quality of the product is really really good. I'm looking for good upgrade from my Getz to Small SUV. Looks like my wait and holding of purchase is really paying me off. There are 3 definately lined up small SUV's that I am tracking. 1.Chevrolet Trax 2. Maruti XA-Alpha 3. Mahindra Small SUV now I will add Hyundia small SUV to the list. Out of these Trax is one of my favourate. However if Hyundai launches a small SUV I'll definately wait and look for its merits against the Ford Ecosport vs Chevrolet Trax vs Maruti XA-Alpha. Thank you for sharing this news. Looks like 2014 is the year of small SUV in India [;)]

I think 2015 would be too late in this segment as hopefully Suzuki, Toyota and Honda might be in there as well and the competition heats up by that time. Early bird always has an advantage.

I will agree to all your points execpt one area of price. I always feel Hyundai cars are over priced by 50K to 60K.
Absolutely agreed! I said Hyundai KNOWS not that it GIVES. [:D] They know very well that they can get a lil premium from customers. Say i20, new Verna are definitely appealing products so people cah shell out a few grand extra. On the other hand cars for masses like Eon , i10 are priced just about right even the i10 Grand.

Hyundai ix25 compact SUV coming soon

Hyundai has been extensively testing a compact crossover with the moniker iX25 . The latest report surrounding the car showcases a rendering and also reveals a bit of information about its possible launch time frame.
Hyundai-ix25-front.jpg
The Car & Driver magazine’s Brazilian edition’s cover page reveals a rendering of the iX25, and the render seems to paint an accurate picture of the actual SUV considering the previous leaks. The magazine has also stated that the EcoSport rivalling Hyundai iZ25 will make its debut at the 2014 Beijing Auto Show in April. The global roll out will begin soon after that. In all likelihood, the iX25 will touch down on Indian shores in 2015.
Ecosport rivaling Hyundai ix25 compact SUV render emerges | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Hyundai has 2 cross overs coming to India.
1. The iX25 will hobnob with the likes of the Nissan Terrano and Renault Duster in terms of price and positioning
2. A sub 4 m ,the new crossover from Hyundai will be tailormade for the Indian car market, with the base likely to be the BA platform that also underpins the likes of the i10, Grand i10 and Xcent cars.

Rumour - Hyundai working on two new SUVs for India | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

India bound Hyundai's iX25 leaked images.

Hyundai-iX25-Compact-SUV.jpg

Spied-interiors-of-Hyundai-ix25-center-console.jpg

Design wise, the iX25 is a baby Santa Fe, and follows the latter’s Storm Edge design, a variation of Hyundai’s Fluidic design theme. The first compact SUV for Hyundai to go against the likes of the Renault Duster and the Ford EcoSport
The iX25 will be more than 4 meters in length and will seat five adults. The compact SUV will be sold with petrol and turbo diesel engines.

http://www.cartoq.com/India-bound+2015+Hyundai+iX25+compact+SUV+leaked%3F

Last edited:

If the pricing is proper, this will definitely gonna rock the mini suv segment.and the fuss free Hyundai ownership experiance is an advantage.. As an ecosport owner, the experiance from the ford dealers are quite annoying .. [anger]

Hyundai Motor lifted the veil on the Hyundai ix25 compact SUV at the 2014 Beijing Auto Show .- More of an Duster Rival
ix 25 seems a looker unlike the cluttered Ecosport design (rear)
Sales of the ix25 will commence in China in the second half of the year and would be made at one of Hyundai’s three factories in the country.

Hyundai-ix25-white-front-at-Auto-China-2014-1024x677.jpg
Hyundai-ix25-white-rear-fascia-at-Auto-China-2014-1024x677.jpg
Hyundai-ix25-white-side-at-Auto-China-2014-1024x677.jpg

Hyundai iX25 compact SUV unveiled at Beijing - Indian Cars Bikes

Top Bottom