Hyundai India Plant Tour For TAI-gers: 21 March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
TAI-gers, following the rescheduling of our previous plan, we've arranged a detailed tour of Hyundai India's plant exclusively for members of TAI.

Schedule:
Plan mentioned below is final. This slot is reserved only for TAI-gers.
  • Date: 21st March 2015 (Saturday)
  • Timings: 9 AM – 12 PM
  • Venue: Hyundai India Plant, Sriperumbudur (Chennai), Tamil Nadu
Program:
  • Refreshments
  • Presentation
  • Guided Plant Tour
Participation:
Since maximum 30 people can be accommodated, we'll have to entertain requests on first-come basis. Therefore, only those who are 100% confirmed are requested to mail following details ASAP to board@theautomotiveindia.com with title "Hyundai Plant Tour Confirmation" before 15th March 2015:
  • Username
  • Real Name
  • Occupation
  • Mobile Number
Please mail only if you're sure to make it. Those who casually drop out on last moment will not be considered for future events. However, if someone still skips, the available space will be immediately offered to next person in the waitlist (i.e: whoever's e-mail is next / received earlier).

Caveats:
There's only one major caveat:
  • Anyone who's associated with automobile manufacturers anyway is not permitted to be a part of the tour as informed to us by Hyundai.
Contacts:
  • AppU (Vinoth): He's the local in-charge of this event and will coordinate directly with participants and TAI support team.
  • 350Z (Vibhor): I'm always available for any assistance. Feel free to shoot a mail to: vibhor@theautomotiveindia.com
Quick Facts:
  • Hyundai India's production facility is spread over a massive area of 535 acres.
  • It houses two separate manufacturing units. First was setup in 1998 and second in 2007.
  • The combined production of both plants is 6,80,000 automobile units per annum on 3 shift basis.
  • Hyundai is the largest car exporter in India. It ships to markets like Europe, Africa, Latin America etc.
  • This plant is responsible for rolling out popular cars like Grand i10, Elite i20, Verna etc (And look out for upcoming ix25 compact SUV test mules).
Those who are unable to join this time can enjoy a virtual tour though our comprehensive coverage: The Making of Hyundai Cars in Chennai: Plant Tour. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom