Hyundai i30 Coming To India

Yeah you are right RSM they have i10 to i90(Not Joking).[:D]
@Karthik: You were right. I googled i10 to i90 and i was able to get information for each of these models. India has just seen i10 & i20. i 30 to launch soon...can hyundai think of some numbers and release the i60... The image results were cool, gives a benz like feeling. [lol]

i30 will not be launched very soon as i20 has been launched last year!

Hyundai will launch only Avante now which is almost a dying segemnt for Hyundai!

We still have time to see i30 :) may be in 2nd quarter of 2010 !

i30 is yes surely coming but in sedan version and not hatchback, as a hatch would be revealed worldwide but not for indian market.

yes i30 is coming soon as confirmed to me by one of the dealer of Hyundai in Delhi. I have one friend working there
can you confirm more news about this new i30, would it come as hatchback or sedan, as hatchback version seems more unpractical high priced if launched here, so chances for sedan version, your news awaited.
Also anuprav, welcome to TAI.

In my view, Hyundai should launch Sedan.
They already have best selling hatchbacks in Indian market, but their sedans are not at-all succesfull. They would like to capture this segment as well.

Arun

Suspended
The i30 looks just fine except for those blown out-of-proportions tail lamp.
I don't see this coming to India now. Maybe late 2010 or early 2011 this will roll out on the street phasing out the Santro. The sunshine can't shine forever you see!

350Z

Core Team
Hyundai i30 coming this November?

Seems like the news of i30 coming to India is true, or may not be but Carazoo.com says that i30 is going to make its debut in India this November!

I'm quoting here what their blog says :

No, this is not yet another car from Hyundai. This is a car that we have been waiting since long. And finally, it will be launched to grace the Indian roads very soon. Hyundai i30 will be available in India by the end of this year. Another couple of months and you can own one for yourself, the latest from the i-series, i10 and i20.

The i30 will be a C-segment premium car that will be available in India in both diesel and petrol versions. It is a without a doubt that one could predict the future of i30 in India. Hyundai will not disappoint its customers and now as the competition in the Indian car industry high, the company would not dare on betting on the car. But it would rather bring out perfect machinery with no compromises made on the features, designing or performance.

The Hyundai i30 will be spotted in a very attractive design. It will have roomy interiors and safety and comfort features including EBS, Steering mounted audio control, iPod direct plug, anti-lock braking system (ABS), airbags (6 airbags in total), electronic stability program (ESP), traction control (TC), electronic brake force distribution (EBD). The five-door premium hatchback is designed by Hyundai’s European team.

The dimensions of the car, 4245 x 1765 x 1480mm (length x width x height), together with a the large wheelbase of 2650mm offers great interior space. It also has 340 liters of boot space with rear seat upright. Even though the company looks very compact, it is packed with the most modern features and will be the most spacious car in its segment available in India. The car is expected to be priced between Rs. 9 lakh and Rs. 12 lakh.

It seems the car makes it easy for us to take decisions about our new car.

Drive Safe!
350Z

350Z

Core Team
I think, i30 will be named differently and will be a sedan.
Yes Shynish.
Maybe this is the new Elantra a.k.a Avante Sedan, I compared its dimensions with Honda City and this seems like a sedan only but I'm suspecting because of tiny boot space of 340litres [suspect], But this isn't a big deal because if the car is a notchback this much size of boot can be expected.

Any one having dimensions of Avante?

A comparision with City's Dimensions :

Hyundai i30/Avante :

Lenght :4245 mm
Width :1765 mm
Height : 1480mm
Wheel Base : 2650mm
Boot : 340 litres

Honda City :

Lenght : 4420mm
Width :1695mm
Height : 1480mm
Wheel Base : 2550
Boot : 506 litres

Conclusion: Most of the dimensions are bigger than a city so 80% chances are that its a Sedan, i.e. Avante but few MM less length and small boot points towards hatchback. The suspense still remains.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Good comparision!

I think it should be a hatch again!

340 boot is never acceptable in any sedan! Alteast boot should be 400+

Top Bottom