Hyundai i20 Magna (O) CRDi 6 Speed

Thanks Deville_56
I had the same experience last Wednesday, when I was driving back from Popular Hyundai after taking delivery. When I started off from Karamana, low fuel indicator was beeping, but I never thought it will stop in between. (my ignorance)[:)]. I was planning to fill up from Indian Oil petrol bunk near Pattoor, but my car got stopped in general hospital signal near to St Joseph School. Two guys came and helped me to push the car off main road & I filled up Diesel from the nearby IOC bunk using a petrol can, which I then bought from a nearby shop. Luckily it started in the second crank itself.

I was fully responsible for all these fuss on day one itself, as I was handed over a 5 litre coupon from Popular, which I should have used immediately.

Thread Starter #17

deville_56

Honoured Member
Awesome pictures !! The car surely has got the best interiors among all hatchbacks with loads of features. The fit and finish and attention to detail is worthy of mention.

Totally agree with you that the car is a little too huge for those punky tyres.
TY. TY. Great car than now started eating into Swift territory, sold more than i10 and Eon, poor Swift fan boys [evil]

I was fully responsible for all these fuss on day one itself, as I was handed over a 5 litre coupon from Popular, which I should have used immediately.
Same here. In hurry to slot in the 6th gear chose to postpone filling even after passing by the Karamana pump with the free fuel coupon [frustration][:D]

2-3 days later, air got into the system when parked in a slope with low fuel indicator on. Rolled down the slope, waited some time and cranked, it started .

Re: 1st service update.

Clocked 2.5k in 20 days. 1st service was at 1.2-1.5k. They never had any issue with the delay. It was basically inspection and wash only. Gave to Popular Hyundai, Karamana itself. Car was attended without much delay. Gave it by 12 noon, promised 5 PM same day or 11 AM next day depending on the denting job. Got it back next day 12 noon.

Bill amount.
Bonnet and sensor coating - 750
Left rear door and running board denting and painting - 2500
Total - 3675 including tax.
What’s that denting & painting cost? Did you have any unlucky incident already? I had on the 3rd day itself after covering 600 Kms. Got scratched the left side bottom bumper area below the fog light, while I was giving extra space to another vehicle. Will have to get it rectified during first service.

&

What about –

“Custom-fit rubber mats. Paid 2k for that”
“Vinyl flooring cost around 2k”

– Did you get these done from Popular?

Are you doing any mods? I did put 3M Sunfilm (SP50 series) Paid 2500.

congrats for 120,

I like I20 very much for its charming face.

In my locality, a new White I20 has been modded with Alloys & glossy black roof. It is really a head turner. if possible I'll click some pics & share it here[:)]

Thread Starter #20

deville_56

Honoured Member
What’s that denting & painting cost? Did you have any unlucky incident already? I had on the 3rd day itself after covering 600 Kms. Got scratched the left side bottom bumper area below the fog light, while I was giving extra space to another vehicle. Will have to get it rectified during first service.

&

What about –

“Custom-fit rubber mats. Paid 2k for that”
“Vinyl flooring cost around 2k”

– Did you get these done from Popular?

Are you doing any mods? I did put 3M Sunfilm (SP50 series) Paid 2500.
Both done at Popular. No mods as of now, only a genuine leather steering grip in mind.

Unlucky incident happened even before it completing 24 hour. Ran out of fuel and people came for help pushed without watching the sides and left rear door and running running board rubbed badly against a milestone. Started rusting real fast, so got it dented ASAP.

congrats for 120,

I like I20 very much for its charming face.

In my locality, a new White I20 has been modded with Alloys & glossy black roof. It is really a head turner. if possible I'll click some pics & share it here[:)]
Don't tempt, cash-strapped. Else would've already bought 15 inch Lenso Samurai Copper finish ones and 195 wide tyres. Was almost there to buy, but dropped last minute due to an emergency. [cry]

"Unlucky incident happened even before it completing 24 hour"??

Unfortunate! I am driving for the last 10 years, started off with a 800, then a santro & I have never scratched these 2 cars badly ever and my time came after taking i20..[evil]..bad luck at times, what else to say.

Between I guess changing to 195 tyres, will reduce the height marginally.
Even I had plans to change tyres, but dropped for the time being due to cash crunch. If I change, I would prefer 205/60 R14 offered by Bridgestone.

I have many other small plans in my mind, whenever I feel I can spend money, without getting into trouble.

First three [:)]

Good mats - I now use the one's given my the dealer -pretty cheap ones.

Better headlamps - I really experienced & can say, stock ones are no better than our Santro lights in NH. Went to Kumarakon via MC road & came back to TVM via NH 47 last week.

DRL if possible - read somewhere that DRL's for i20 are available and can be fit in foglamps- correct me if i am missing something.

also did you get IND number plate? Popular charged me INR 1300 & later when I was doing sunfilm for my car from an outside shop, they said they charge only INR 900 for IND number plates.

then i realised what many others suggest are correct, better don't get such things from dealers, as they may charge high.[anger] Could have put fuel for INR400 for another short trip.[;)]

Thread Starter #23

deville_56

Honoured Member
Threw away OEM wipers. All OEM sets seen till date are craps. Streaking lines, poor performance. Bought Bosch normal ones. Works like charm. 320 bucks a pair. Also bought Areon perfume, Black Crystal flavor, Sonax windshield washer fluid, some cheap brand car shampoo and chamois cloth. Still looking for good steering grip. Everyone stocking only crap stuffs and so-called genuine leather items cost too much, not even worth 1/3rd the quoted price. Hyundiai got genuine leather stuff, but they don't have black in stock and they have no over-the-counter sales. You have to get job card and leave the car there for installation.

Better headlamps - I really experienced & can say, stock ones are no better than our Santro lights in NH. Went to Kumarakon via MC road & came back to TVM via NH 47 last week.
It had adequate elimination for me. Drove Trivandrum-Cochin-Trivandrum via MC Road 3 times, night. Had no issue even in heavy rain. Upgrading lights will be pain in ass for the new double-barreled unit.

DRL if possible - read somewhere that DRL's for i20 are available and can be fit in foglamps- correct me if i am missing something.
Hyundai DRL's are too overpriced and looks overdone. Looks like LEDstrip job. They light up full chin. 10k for a set.

also did you get IND number plate? Popular charged me INR 1300 & later when I was doing sunfilm for my car from an outside shop, they said they charge only INR 900 for IND number plates.

then i realised what many others suggest are correct, better don't get such things from dealers, as they may charge high.[anger] Could have put fuel for INR400 for another short trip.[;)]
I'll never go for IND. Month-end they will catch IND plates. Once the HSRP comes in, we have to throw off these fake fancy stuff. So not into investing lot on numberplates. Instead bought plastic plates, 450 bucks for a set.

"I'll never go for IND. Month-end they will catch IND plates. Once the HSRP comes in, we have to throw off these fake fancy stuff. So not into investing lot on numberplates. Instead bought plastic plates, 450 bucks for a set"

I know when HSRP comes, we have to remove every existing no plates, but never knew police will catch IND plates [surprise] - interestingly no one mentioned to me as well[anger]

Thread Starter #25

deville_56

Honoured Member
"I'll never go for IND. Month-end they will catch IND plates. Once the HSRP comes in, we have to throw off these fake fancy stuff. So not into investing lot on numberplates. Instead bought plastic plates, 450 bucks for a set"

I know when HSRP comes, we have to remove every existing no plates, but never knew police will catch IND plates [surprise] - interestingly no one mentioned to me as well
Dealers (the sales guy there) force you to get IND done there, more you buy stuff from there, more their profit (his incentive is) [:D] Nippon Toyota once sold it like mandatory part.

After some news channel caught use of fake Govt. of India look-alike hologram in IND plate, there was some issue using/making it. Order was there not to make/sell imitative plates like that and they used to catch that.

There are accessory guys who charge 1.5k for a set of IND plates [frustration]

Our sales guy was insisting no to get a temp plate for 500 bucks and not to leave the showroom without plate, they will have issue, we will get trouble, blah-blah-blah. I rode a bike for about a month with just registered sticker (bloody dealer cheated) with TP of another district without any issues. So, I declined to take plates from them. We had registration a week later and bought decent cheap plates right away.

Last edited:
There's a mention of glow indicator illumination, while the ignition is on ON position in the user’s manual. It seems engine will be pre-heated in this postion, before turing the key to the start position. (Driving your vehicle page 7/6)

I couldn’t find where this illuminator is. Did you find this? Or am I missing to understand something more here. Thanks

I missed this. Great write up and excellent photos. Thanks deville and I have a question, how is the handling part?

Thread Starter #30

deville_56

Honoured Member
There's a mention of glow indicator illumination, while the ignition is on ON position in the user’s manual. It seems engine will be pre-heated in this postion, before turing the key to the start position. (Driving your vehicle page 7/6)

I couldn’t find where this illuminator is. Did you find this? Or am I missing to understand something more here. Thanks
I remember seeing it, but not sure where (or which car) [evil]

I missed this. Great write up and excellent photos. Thanks deville and I have a question, how is the handling part?
Last minute braking is nervous. Cornering is okay, precise at decent speeds, never tried high speed corners.

Top Bottom