Hyundai i20 (i-Gen) Sportz Crdi Ownership Review

Hi

Did you get spoiler fitted to your i20 ? I am looking for fitting spoiler fixed for my sportz i20

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #32
Did not go for Spoiler & backed out of Led lights as they said they will have to remove old fog lights & fit the new fogs lights with Drl so it would cost me 20,000 odd,where as a new booking can order it for 10000 as the old fog light can be saved.

2nd Service update(11621 km)
Complaints i had
1 High beam not effective has a narrow spot focus.(Hyundai could not do anything except play with beam height) as headlanp has a small high beam lens.
2 When halting in 3rd gear,gear would not engage neutral rather get stuck in between(Rectified by service)
3 Engine being a bit noisy(silent after oil change).

Parts charged
Mag wheel weights - 121
Windscreen washer- 87
Engine oil (5.7 litres)242.71 per L -1383
Consumable - 200
Lamp Assembly(accident,Bird strike)- 3255
Filter Cartridge -1736
Filter-Air cleaner-280
Service kit oil filter -363
Total-7428.10,After tax(1077) -8505

Labour charges
Wheel Balancing (4 wheels) -360
Wheel alignment -450
Headlamp replacement -67
Replace diesel filter - free service
Total -887 , After tax(108.4) -985

Grand Total -9491
(without headlight - 3800) = 5691

Service Review(Customer FeedBack)- I had booked the service in advance & had asked them if stock of the headlight was available.They were suppose to call back & inform me of time which they did not. Next day As i am about to reach showroom i am called & asked if i am coming.At service area It took 40 minutes(!!!) for a service adviser to attend my car.(max time i have ever faced is 5 min).I had to even show my disapproval to be attended at that time otherwise i assume it would be 1 hour.
Car is received next day as i was informed in evening as they do not have headlight stock [roll]. I check the car & take it home only to realize Service manual is missing.Service advisor is called & informed,for which he said he will look for it & order a new one if not found(promise was not kept).

To be continued
More to come( had visit to service center again)......

Last edited:
Installed Bosch symphony horn for 550 rupees,no extra relay was added so wont void warranty.Horns shown on top of the box are the stock ones.They had to remove one headlight & loosen the bumper to change the horns located below both headlights.They are very concealed I feel.
how did you get them fitted without cutting/splicing any wires(which voids warranty)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys I am new to this forum and really happy to see forum like this which can help a lot. I had recently bought a new i 20 sportz crdi last week. I am very much satisfied with it. Only have one queary/question that how to stop running AC fan after stopping AC coz fan keeps on running after switching off the AC and it keeps emmiting hot air through AC vents.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hey guys I am new to this forum and really happy to see forum like this which can help a lot. I had recently bought a new i 20 sportz crdi last week. I am very much satisfied with it. Only have one queary/question that how to stop running AC fan after stopping AC coz fan keeps on running after switching off the AC and it keeps emmiting hot air through AC vents.
i had the same confusion [:D]

just press the off button.
Screenshot - 11-09-2013 , 14_30_02.jpg

Thread Starter #39
Inspite of pressing off button it keeps emitting hot air even if AC display screen is off.
There is an exterior air intake just below the wipers(its there in all cars),
just press the button below with the car circulation emblem everytime you start the car.
Its annoying that it goes to exterior mode everytime you restart.

So what is happening is everytime you drive above 40km/hr the air enters through the exterior vent.

Its a little annoying factor & its become a habit with time like my seat belt to press that button,Hyundai says they cant change the setting but i have noticed it stays shut in my cousins Verna though [confused]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
It always stays in re-circulation mode in my verna. But if we set temperature above 24* it automatically opens the vents. Don't know why.

@Mary

Welcome to TAI !! nice share

I like both front and rear design and rear design more like a Volvo. But that looks a model for other countries as that kind of GC can't work in India

Top Bottom