Hyundai i20 Headlight Upgrade !

Thread Starter #1
I don't think the stock i20 light are that powerful ! I'm looking to upgrade them

The guy at the service center suggested me this DSC04809 Medium.JPG buts it yellow light again.

I like white light[ Like Skoda ] more then yellow. Any suggestion for white light upgrade [Phillips or Osram] with the same holder pin ?

Model No/ or description would be appreciated....[clap]

Last edited:
Hi ashishk2

you need install relay as well for above H4 bulbs in i 20?? or without relay it will work without burn the holders?

Regards,
Adi

Ad!tya

Suspended
Ashish, If you are willing to spend around 15k, get HIDs with projectors. This will increase the light output, emit your favourite white light and also make your car look more attractive.

If you go for simple bulbs with white/blue light, let me warn you. The output with the blue bulbs is not at all better than yellow light. They just look good but don't function well.
Rest, it's your wish.

I would suggest you to get the normal bulbs with yellow light from Philips. Maybe the one Hyundai guys suggested.[:)]

Normal halogens bulbs wont produce the exact white light output as seen in skods, merc, beemers etc. For that you will need 6000k type HID's. I have used these after market white bulbs before. There will be a tinge of white light and will be different from stock headlights. Now I use HID's with projectors. These produce proper white light (although mine is comparatively less since I went for 4300 type HIDs).

I don't think the stock i20 light are that powerful ! I'm looking to upgrade them

The guy at the service center suggested me this View attachment 67122 buts it yellow light again.

I like white light[ Like Skoda ] more then yellow. Any suggestion for white light upgrade [Phillips or Osram] with the same holder pin ?

Hi,
As you are looking for white light please try Philips Diamond Vision (H4 12342 DV 12V 60/55W). Not sure about the price as they are directly interchangeable no need of relays or wire cuts. But my suggestion is yellow light is the best option.

Thread Starter #6
Philips DiamondVision Vs X-tremeVision

I brought it down to these 2 :-
  1. DiamondVision-Ultimate white (5,000K) light to stand out,Ideal for city driving
    Easy installation, plug and play,Same power consumption as standard halogen bulbs; no wiring / relays needed
  2. X-tremeVision-Up to100% more light on the road,Projects a beam 35m longer than standard bulbs,Eye catching chromium top with blue ring-around-the-collar for precision visibility.

Needs User Review Plz[;)]

Thx for info #sureshpasala & others

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm a new member here. I'm looking out for any references in bangalore who could help me with projectors for my I20. Please suggest a place where I can get the projectors with HIDs. Based on the discussions in this thread and in other forums, I see most of them recommending 4300k or max 6000k.

Regards

Need help for upgrading Headlights of my new Hyundai i20 CRDi

I feel my headlight seems to be ineffective in highways where the area is too dark without streetlights.So please suggest suitable upgrade of my cars headlight along with pricing,usage experience details.i dont need high power headlights ,an longlasting and effective headlights which do not cause problems due to heating,etc[:D].i need some advice from i20 users if possible throw some light about factory fitted headlight effect[confused].

ok it seems no active users here..i myself did the research found to move on to 100/80 W from philips extreme power with no damage to warranty.can anyone suggest good relay for t.the price is being quoted roughly as Rs.1700, is it normal or over priced?

Well i don't know about the bulbs, but if you want proper light then go for HIDs with projector. I think morimoto minis would do what you want. Original ones would cost you somewhere 16-17 grand, but its worth paying the money. Whereas you can get replicas at around 13 to 15 grand.

The guy at the service center suggested me this View attachment 67122 buts it yellow light again.

Ashish, did get this upgrade done? The bulb suggested to you by SA is not really an upgrade since it is same stock wattage. I would suggest that you get Philips 100/80 or 100/90 watt bulbs. They produce a bit whiter light too. Just ensure you get original bulbs and a Bosch, Hella or Philips relay with ceramic holders.

ok it seems no active users here..i myself did the research found to move on to 100/80 W from philips extreme power with no damage to warranty.can anyone suggest good relay for t.the price is being quoted roughly as Rs.1700, is it normal or over priced?
Dude, i think the price being quoted is a bit overpriced. You can take a relay from Bosch, Hella or Philips. Just ensure you get original item and ceramic holders and you would be good to go.

Dude, i think the price being quoted is a bit overpriced. You can take a relay from Bosch, Hella or Philips. Just ensure you get original item and ceramic holders and you would be good to go.
thanks for suggestion.can u tell the exact rate of philips realy for 100/80 W philips extreme power bulbs.i googled for bulb rate but i couldnt find.but for the same philips bulb with 100/90 W its seems to be around Rs.325.but i have no idea on relay.so anyone suggest model along with price of relay which matches my headlights.

Hi All,
Even i am planning to upgrade headlight bulbs of my i20. I drive on highway frequently. I do not want to change the original headligh assembly, just want plug and play bulbs. Will Phillips xtream vision 60/55W be a good choice. How much different results these bulbs would give. Kindly share the pics if any which can show how is the output of these bulbs.

Hi All,
Even i am planning to upgrade headlight bulbs of my i20. I drive on highway frequently. I do not want to change the original headligh assembly, just want plug and play bulbs. Will Phillips xtream vision 60/55W be a good choice. How much different results these bulbs would give. Kindly share the pics if any which can show how is the output of these bulbs.
i would suggest these 100% Original Osram Night Breaker Plus HeadLight bulbs H4 pair (90% More Light) | eBay

they are better than Phillips xtream

Top Bottom