Hyundai i20 Fluidic Now Launched @ Rs.4.73 Lakhs

Re: Hyundai i20 Fluidic Facelift Soon!

Spied – Hyundai i20 facelift in Europe

As we suspected, changes on the 2012 Hyundai i20 will be to make the car even with the i10 and the new Verna. The Fluidic Scupture design vocabulary will be pronounced on the facelift with new headlamps, bumpers, grille and reflectors. The wheel caps sport a new design too. Interiors will not get any more glam or glitz, Hyundai could provide a highly useful Bluetooth pairing feature instead.

We hope Hyundai considers the following points on the facelift. There’s nothing alarmingly wrong with the model, but a few improvements will make this a better car -
-Turbolag has to be minimized. The diesel engine has to be on boil (around 2k RPM) at all times for quick response. Can they bring it down by a few hundred RPMs? Can they work out a different gear ratio combination?
-The power steering needs better torque feedback. They need to bump up feel as while driving, one feels like there is a longer delay between steering and the car moving.
-Can they provide all variants with the top-end model’s steering wheel? The i10′s steering wheel for the starting variants (Era and Magna) feel inadequate. Hyundai should keep the driver controls same for all variants and cut back on equipment.
-The ride needs to be re-looked for the Indian market where road quality is poor in most places.
-NVH levels can be brought down on the diesel model. An improvement there can never lead to negative feedback.
-Can the door handles operate softly? Less effort can go into opening the doors. The operating mechanism, instead of spur gears meshing has to operate with a spring or lever like feel. Source: IndianAutosblog

Attachments

Side profile looks similar, but the front and rear seems to have undergone changes.

I agree with you, Hyundai should work on the said items to make a more competitive premium hatchback. With the likes of Polo, new Fiesta hatchback and Honda Brio in sight, Hyundai should try to reclaim its ground!

To me the front looks a lot similar to the Fluidic Verna. I believe the i20 makeover is going to be similar to what we saw in the previous posts.

Looks like only some cosmetic changes here and there, actually they should solve the long pending issues like steering rattle, suspension issues

350Z

Core Team
Re: Refreshed Hyundai i20 Fluidic

Upon inquiring one of the Hyundai Dealers in Delhi about i20 face lift, he told that they have not received any official information. But personally he is expecting the car to release by 2012 (Perhaps Auto Expo?).

Drive Safe,
350Z

By looking on Pg1 snaps the i20 looks bigger than the present one.It comes in a form of nor bad nor good looks.Hope this time they rectify their AC and steering niggles.

New i20 may look like this!!
Neat. But front is ditto to Fluidic Verna and rear is very i30'ish.

Drive Safe,
350Z
This is the Accent hatch back.
By looking on Pg1 snaps the i20 looks bigger than the present one.It comes in a form of nor bad nor good looks.Hope this time they rectify their AC and steering niggles.
The snaps on Pg 1 are the i30 and those on Pg 2 are the i20.

it's got good looks, efficient engines, the option of a diesel engine with eye-widening performance and an automatic gearbox as well. Its value for money

Top Bottom