Hyundai i20 Diesel Mileage Problem (12 Kmpl)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm facing mileage problem with my hyundai i20 diesel. It's giving only an average of 12 kmpl. The car has driven 58,000 kms. What could be the possible reason?

Thanks

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Hyundai i20 Sportz Mileage problem(12kmpl)

Hi Everyone,

I'm facing mileage problem with my hyundai i20 diesel. It's giving only an average of 12 kmpl. The car has driven 58,000 kms. What could be the possible reason?

Thanks
Buddy when was the last servicing done?

Regards

Akash

Hi Everyone,

Thanks
I would suggest you to share some more info about the car - age, variant, any accidental repairs in the past, place where you use the car & since when did you notice the mileage drop? based on these info, our forum's experts can give you good advice.

Thread Starter #4
Buddy when was the last servicing done?

Regards

Akash
The last servicing was done in march 2017.

I would suggest you to share some more info about the car - age, variant, any accidental repairs in the past, place where you use the car & since when did you notice the mileage drop? based on these info, our forum's experts can give you good advice.
The car age is 3+ years, it's i20 Magna crdi variant. No accidental reapairs. I use the car mainly in city driving. Its been couple of months since i noticed the drop in mileage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6

Check with Air filter,Fuel injectors,EGR valves.

Also ensure clutch has enough life to it.
I believe clutch is not as smooth as it was. Also it releases at the end (i.e., have to press the full clutch and releases right when i take the foot off the clutch). But the mechanic at hyundai service centre suggested it will last another 15k to 20k kms.

Normally all parameters need to be checked during the Periodic maintenance service interval.
If your SA has a good relationship with you ,he will care your ride like his own ride .

Ask someone to drive the car ,you stand back ,and notice ,with shifts of 1st and 2nd gears ,does the car produce uneven black smoke or any other variation in Smoke colour and amount .
If so it needs a EGR valve cleaning (EGR -Exhaust gas recirculation )

Thread Starter #11
Normally all parameters need to be checked during the Periodic maintenance service interval.
If your SA has a good relationship with you ,he will care your ride like his own ride .

Ask someone to drive the car ,you stand back ,and notice ,with shifts of 1st and 2nd gears ,does the car produce uneven black smoke or any other variation in Smoke colour and amount .
If so it needs a EGR valve cleaning (EGR -Exhaust gas recirculation )
Did as suggested but there wasnt any black smoke or any such variation in smoke colour.

When was the last time MAF was cleaned ?
Honestly dont know if it's been ever cleaned or not. Though got the throttle body cleaned using a spray , that's sprayed on the air filter.

Is MAF also cleaned using a spray? What would be the appropriate way to get it cleaned?

Honestly dont know if it's been ever cleaned or not. Though got the throttle body cleaned using a spray , that's sprayed on the air filter.

Is MAF also cleaned using a spray? What would be the appropriate way to get it cleaned?
Yes, there is a dedicated spray for MAF. Sometime throttle body cleaner can also be used. Just be careful not to damage the sensor.

While you are at it, Check O2 sensor also. If possible, reset ECU.

Max percentage of time low FE in diesel is caused by bad or failing fuel injectors. Since you say yours is good, then it is ruled out.

Are you sure that SA used SAE 15W40 engine oil ?

Did you use an Air filter Oil Spray to clean Throttle body ? If Yes, Get it cleaned ASAP. Since it's oil based spray it'll interfere with Sensors. Throttle body should be cleaned with alcohol based dedicated cleaners.

Top Bottom