Hyundai I20 Airbags

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I met with an accident as a bike rammed in to the right side of my car tyre which burst on impact and the sensors got activated with airbags deploying at full speed.I and my wife were wearing seat belts so I was not injured but the airbag hit my wife's left arm and the arm got factured.I was fustrated as the accident was a small one but due to airbags my wfe got injured and she has to take rest for nearly 4-6 months.Is it normal??

Next one is as the insurance company considers Airbags as plastic only 50% is covered.So please let me know the price of Airbags replacement. Even though I am middle class family person I am not much concerned about the money lost or spent only concern is the safety.The insurance guy advised me to go for repairs with out the airbags as they are costly.I dont intend to sell the car as of now is it suggestable to go with out airbags.

Please advice me,looking forward for some good advices.

NOTE:Please move the thread accordingly

Hi Guys,
Please advise ASAP as the car work has already started and the only pending work is Airbags.The dealer had placed an order but does not know the exact date of delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I met with an accident as a bike rammed in to the right side of my car tyre which burst on impact and the sensors got activated with airbags deploying at full speed.I and my wife were wearing seat belts so I was not injured but the airbag hit my wife's left arm and the arm got factured.I was fustrated as the accident was a small one but due to airbags my wfe got injured and she has to take rest for nearly 4-6 months.Is it normal??

Next one is as the insurance company considers Airbags as plastic only 50% is covered.So please let me know the price of Airbags replacement. Even though I am middle class family person I am not much concerned about the money lost or spent only concern is the safety.The insurance guy advised me to go for repairs with out the airbags as they are costly.I dont intend to sell the car as of now is it suggestable to go with out airbags.

Hi Guys,
Please advise ASAP as the car work has already started and the only pending work is Airbags.The dealer had placed an order but does not know the exact date of delivery.
Sorry to know about the incident you faced,My advice is to replace the Airbags, it is there for a purpose don't ever skimp on this feature

Thread Starter #4
Hi,
Thanks to both for the reply.I have already placed an order for airbags.But my concern is why had my wife's hand factured even though she did not block the airbag.Hten whats the use of airbags

That is really weird despite she wearing the seatbelts airbag fracturing her left arm is very weird, hope she recover's faster,

What's the cost for the AB?

Hi,

Hi Guys,
Hello sureshpasala,
Sorry to hear of the accident !
I would also suggest you to replace the air-bags since you do not intend to sell the car in the near future.
After replacement of the air-bags your car would look stock as when it was brand new and there is no question of worry.
I would like to appreciate you in understanding the value of Safety features in a car especially Airbags and ABS .[:)]
Drive Safe

Hi,
I met with an accident as a bike rammed in to the right side of my car tyre which burst on impact and the sensors got activated with airbags deploying at full speed.I and my wife were wearing seat belts so I was not injured but the airbag hit my wife's left arm and the arm got factured..
First of all please get the airbags retained again.

Secondly, the airbags deploy at your face, and if your wife's hand is injured then it might be because she tried to move her hand in front towards dashboard as a support. The airbags deployed might have hit your wife's hand first. Ask your wife if she remembers so.

Otherwise, I don't see any reason why someone would suffer injury due to airbags.

Thread Starter #8
Hi,
My wife was sitting with her hands folded,she did not move an inch or block the airbag.She even even did not realise the hand breakage until i got down and went to her side.

In that case, have you asked your workshop people about it? I know they would not take it very seriously but still, go to some senior person in the service center and ask him whether it is normal with airbags.

Hi sureshpasala,
Sorry to heat about the accident! Which airbeg hit you wife's left arm? Is this the airbag in front of passenger or the airbag which is on the passenger window?
If you and your wife were on seat belt and if the arm fractured absolutely because of the air bag probably you can file a case against the company.

Thread Starter #11
Hi Everyone,
thanks for the concern. the front passenger airbag hit the arm at very high rate.Can you please guide me how to file a case on the company because my wife did not move a inch and no chance of her hand hitting the dash.I am very frustrated of the fact that it was a small hit at a low speed.Please help

Suresh lodge a complaint at hyundai first. Try to sort things at this level.
I am not sure what kind of response you would get. But I believe that you have a case- airbags are there to protect not to harm the passenger. Think about a scenario in which the impact was high and your wife was jerked towards bonnet, in that case also the airbags would have hurt your wife. Then what is the point of such airbags. First lodge a complaint on hyundai customer support. This is the page I could find as of now: Hyundai Motor Company :: Sales Feedback
Also go to Hyundai India facebook page and post your complaint, it works and they will respond you fast.

(Hyundai owners please go through the thread and suggest the OP on necessary actions)

Thread Starter #13
HI Everyone,
My advise would be never buy hyundai cars as the safety of your family members will be in danger.Even thought you end up paying alot for the top end model. SO stay away from all this mental torture.

Top Bottom