Hyundai i20 Active Review & Pictures: Actively Elite

Excellent review.

I don't know why people have a very negative review about anything Hyundai does. I have been a Hyundai customer and they have come up with some excellent vehicle like i20, Verna and even the popular i10.

The Exterior design, comfort and interiors has been of top quality. It is actually VFM to buy a Hyundai car.

I have test driven Ecosport & Polo for some reason the luxury and premium feel you only get once you sit inside a Hyundai car.

I20 Active looks a stunner but again looks can be deceptive and people have their own opinion on looks. Please do not go buy pics just look at in real and i20 Active is a very good looking car compared to most of the counterparts and Ecosport too.

Never tried a Fiat car hence stayed away from Avventura due to Fiat's poor After Sales and also in-spite of the excellent ride quality which most of the people have talked about I feel the Interior is still too bland for my liking.

Overall should be a winner from Hyundai.
Again, subjective. Isn't it? i20 Active is beefed up Elite i20. Nothing more. Just some cosmetic makeover with no change under hood is not justifiable. Especially from a brand like Hyundai. Why follow Donkey path? If Etios, Polo does the same, means Hyundai also has to do?

Hyundai had opportunity and it missed it. If they plonked 1.4L Petrol & 1.6L Diesel engine in i20 Active, then the price is justified and we have something new to praise of. But puny 1.2L Petrol and same old 1.4L engine for crossover is plain irritating.

As a consumer, I feel cheated with this kinda behavior. And what bugs me more is that, they rip off money from illiterate customers. If S-Cross is going to have that stupid 1.3L MJD, god help us, it is not crossover, it is over-priced, cosmetic mod in my opinion.

BTW my family own Hyundai/M&M/MS/Ford. So no fanboism here. I love Hyundai as much as you do, but I hate this kinda cheap gimmick to lure customers to buy such products and milk money.

Last edited:
Never tried a Fiat car hence stayed away from Avventura due to Fiat's poor After Sales and also in-spite of the excellent ride quality which most of the people have talked about I feel the Interior is still too bland for my liking.

Hello, please dont subscribe to perpetual myths about Fiat cars unless you have a personal experience of a poor After Sales service. Because the overwheming majority of Fiat car users do not have these experiences, which includes me.

I picked up the Black color and let me tell you guys it is a scene steal-er on the road.

I used to own i20 Petrol and sold it to buy the i20 Active Diesel .

It looks a premium specially in Black.

Let me share some pics...

After seeing the black color impression will change immediately if any negative was there :)

Black is the best one on Active gives a premium look

I took for a 250km drive to Sirisalam and it was flawless. Slight body role but doesnt feel much on it just works well.

Let us not compare it with Polo cross, Etios and Fiat aventura cause Active miles ahead in terms of looks and interiors. I think Hyundai scores way ahead in terms of its competitor for interior premium finish and of course they load it with features.

Active is the only car in the Cross over game has got it right with the Looks without adding too many gimmicks. Also Hyundai doesnt want to call it a cross over it is just the "Sports edition of i20".

BTW i did test drive the Ecosport and Normal Polo but found the features on Active way ahead of the above.

Top End of Ecosport Diesel
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi - 11.48 Lacs and if you see the feature comparison half of them are missing. I didn't feel much difference in drive of Ecosport just that the seating looks little bit like an SUV but mind you it is not an SUV at all. It still gives you the car like feeling.

Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Opt) - 12.39lacs

It is 2lacs more than active so I think so again not a fair comparison.

Fiat Aventura interiors are poor and I would not want to wander the mythical territory of Fiat After sales service[;)]

Attachments

Last edited:
iyerz congrats for your new purchase
Can you share some more pics of your black active

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the Black color and let me tell you guys it is a scene steal-er on the road.

I used to own i20 Petrol and sold it to buy the i20 Active Diesel .

It looks a premium specially in Black.

Let me share some pics...

After seeing the black color impression will change immediately if any negative was there :)

Black is the best one on Active gives a premium look

I took for a 250km drive to Sirisalam and it was flawless. Slight body role but doesnt feel much on it just works well.

Let us not compare it with Polo cross, Etios and Fiat aventura cause Active miles ahead in terms of looks and interiors. I think Hyundai scores way ahead in terms of its competitor for interior premium finish and of course they load it with features.

Active is the only car in the Cross over game has got it right with the Looks without adding too many gimmicks. Also Hyundai doesnt want to call it a cross over it is just the "Sports edition of i20".

BTW i did test drive the Ecosport and Normal Polo but found the features on Active way ahead of the above.

Top End of Ecosport Diesel
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi - 11.48 Lacs and if you see the feature comparison half of them are missing. I didn't feel much difference in drive of Ecosport just that the seating looks little bit like an SUV but mind you it is not an SUV at all. It still gives you the car like feeling.

Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Opt) - 12.39lacs

It is 2lacs more than active so I think so again not a fair comparison.

Fiat Aventura interiors are poor and I would not want to wander the mythical territory of Fiat After sales service[;)]
Wanted to know if your car came with spare alloy wheels or not.

Top Bottom