Hyundai i20 6 Speed Crystal White – 1 Year and Counting – A Bliss

Thread Starter #31
Sorry gri20, I lost the service bill. Will try to find and upload.

Well its don 19500 kms till now,

A question for all. I just switched my bunk . I used to fill from IOC ( Jay Gaurd Service station in Janakpuri) however have now switched to HP COCO pump at Moti Nagar,

2 Observations

1) I now tank up at around 15-1600 bucks as compared to 17-1800 Rs

2) The mileage has marginally dropped (I am now driving within the city more as compared to NH- 8 )

Can anyone throw some light on Point 1 . I am confused .
Anyone, who can throw some light on the HP COCO pump at Moti Nagar redlight ? Is the fuel quality good ?

Regards

Thread Starter #32
Re: Hyundai i20 6 Speed Crystal White – 1 Year and Counting – A Bliss

Hi All,

Another update ! The dreaded steering rattle has appeared in my car. Went to the workshop and they suggested to change the Damper kit for the steering. Got it replaced free of cost.

Hopefully the problem does not come up . Going out on a road trip to Nainital this week. Will post updates once I return.

Happy driving

Regards

Re: Hyundai i20 6 Speed Crystal White – 1 Year and Counting – A Bliss

Hi All,

Another update ! The dreaded steering rattle has appeared in my car. Went to the workshop and they suggested to change the Damper kit for the steering. Got it replaced free of cost.
Any update on this steering noise issue? My wife's new i10 is also suffering from this problem HMP mechanics are not able to find any solution for this problem. Car already went to workshop for 4 times due to this issue.

Thread Starter #34
Hi Tough Guy !

There is no noise as of now !. I came from Nainital with patches of bad roads through it however no such noise till date.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I got the damper kit changed. See if they changed the damper kit for the i10. The Deep Hyundai guys are good at this stuff . Try them out.

Thread Starter #35
Hi All,

Another update on my Crystal White Beast !

Got a Infinity Reference 1240 SE installed in my car . Still using the OE Car audio system. Total hit to the wallet was 18K including wiring and moderator ( required to map the OE Music system with a heavy monoblock amp.

Total cost breakup

Ref 1240 SE - 14K
Wiring - 1500
Moderator - 2500 ( Stinger Audio)
Mono block amp - got it from my previous car so is doing the job for the past 5 Years.

Was very happy to hear from my Accessories guy ( " This is the best amp we have ever seen")

Got all the job done from K. Car Kunj Pvt Ltd. New Delhi. The guy is amazing in terms of service and the genuinity of products.

Will post pics soon.

Regards

Thread Starter #36
A quick update !

My car suddenly started dying down when driven at low RPM's . Also the steering noise was back.

Took the car to the workshop and got the Damper kit changed again. This time it was a damper kit of the new I gen i20.

Took it back however the dying down problem persists.Went back to the showroom and got it fixed. It was an issue with the Sensors of the car. Its fixed and doing good.

Will send update soon !!!!!

Hi buddy,

Nice updates, request you to please update about the new damper kit, is the steering noise problem issue is addressed completely this time? do they have any new solution for i10?

My i10 service will be due in next couple of weeks so was thinking about this problem.

Regards

Thread Starter #38
Hi toughguy,

After the replacement of the new Damper kit, I think its working fine. I have the new fluidic i10 as well and no steering issue has come up in it . ( I sparingly use it . clocked only 5000 kms in 1.5 years) . You can check with the service advisor.

BTW :- Its good to know the owner as they try to fix the issues by going out of the way.

I would suggest that if the car is in warranty. Ask them to replace the steering pinion and the suspension as well. I think that would resolve your issue.

All the best.

Top Bottom